• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

It appears Florida will play 4 FCS team in 2 years

Deathroll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one could make up something like playing 2FCS teams in consecutive years. But if ignoring facts and hiding your head in the sand works for you —ok by me???

Who did that?

Also, why is Texas so cowardly with their OOC scheduling? 6 ranked opponents in 20 years? What are you afraid of?

Deathroll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My team continues scheduling FBS OOC home-&-home series against almost any school —- rather than 2 FCS teams per year.

Almost any school....provided they're not good enough to field a ranked team. Amirite?

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you compare then? Is everybody to be compared against some hypothetical OOC schedule featuring pretty much nothing but good opponents?....are we to do that even though no program schedules that way?

You use the opponents you play OOC. But just because there are maybe 10 teams that play a good OOC schedule doesn’t mean that the next OOC schedule isn’t shit.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BYU was on there twice (if not more). They just didn't finish ranked those years.

Its going to be the same deal with most programs....the random home and home matchup gets a lot of attention but there are plenty of years when their "big" OOC opponent is crap.

Absolutely no doubt. But fans of teams with that OOC schedule aren’t calling it good. Playing one ranked team OOC most years out of 4 isn’t a good OOC schedule.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep.

Unless you play OU, Clemson, tOSU, and ND OOC your schedule is garbage.

Sure sucks that everyone’s schedule is garbage. But hey, there’s always the Coen Brothers to provide entertainment...

Are you arguing that playing one ranked team and 3 cream puffs is a good OOC scheudle because everyone is doing it? That’s exactly what I’m arguing against.

Deathroll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You use the opponents you play OOC. But just because there are maybe 10 teams that play a good OOC schedule doesn’t mean that the next OOC schedule isn’t shit.

Shit compared to what? It'd be great if everybody did have super hard OOC schedules....like some of the ones we had in the 80s when we had Southern Cal, fsu and miami in the same year home and home with each of them.....but then again we were only playing 6 conference games at the time. As conferences wanted to keep more money for themselves, they started expanding their schedules and that eliminated the opportunity for all but 1 and sometimes 2 good OOC opponents for most teams in most years.

I don't disagree with you that its a shame we don't have as many good intersectional matchups like we used to have.....but I don't think the days when teams would play 3 of those in a year are ever coming back due to the expansion of the conferences and the revenue model that currently exists.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit compared to what? It'd be great if everybody did have super hard OOC schedules....like some of the ones we had in the 80s when we had Southern Cal, fsu and miami in the same year home and home with each of them.....but then again we were only playing 6 conference games at the time. As conferences wanted to keep more money for themselves, they started expanding their schedules and that eliminated the opportunity for all but 1 and sometimes 2 good OOC opponents for most teams in most years.

I don't disagree with you that its a shame we don't have as many good intersectional matchups like we used to have.....but I don't think the days when teams would play 3 of those in a year are ever coming back due to the expansion of the conferences and the revenue model that currently exists.

It doesn’t have to be compared to anything for it to be a crappy OOC schedule. It’s all in who ya play.

An I agree the day where teams play 3 good OOC games is long gone.

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you arguing that playing one ranked team and 3 cream puffs is a good OOC scheudle because everyone is doing it? That’s exactly what I’m arguing against.

1. “Good” is a relative term; NOT an absolute one. UF’s OOC schedules have been above average far more often than not. That’s “good”. Not great, but good.

2. Many of you miss the point. Focusing on OOC schedules (which OP does to advance his obvious agenda) obscures what is REALLY important: OVERALL schedules. UF’s overall schedule regularly ranks pretty high.

When you cannot attach what really matters, you attack what you can, and you ignore anything conflicting with your agenda. Case in point: focusing on “out of state” OOC opponents. Doing so minimizes the fact that UF plays FSU (and from time to time, Miami).

It would be equally silly to criticize Texas for playing at least 3 in-state opponents each year, or saying they are afraid of going to a conference with no other Texas teams.

But such isn’t beneath OP, and this has gone on for years. One thread flaming one of three teams, and NEVER a thread about “his team”.

Neilcar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What some call attacking … others would suggest is just reporting the facts (which have never been in doubt).

I am not saying other teams (including my own) do not schedule cupcakes. I am saying one team has taking it so far … that most knowledgeable football fans would call it crap and never by a ticket to watch that OOC schedule...

Tell me Diego --- you looking forward to watching Florida play the Martin Skyhawks or the Towson Tigers your on your TV next year ???

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There’s a lot of :nutswing:by Florida fans on their supposed rival.

Deathroll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What some call attacking … others would suggest is just reporting the facts (which have never been in doubt).

I am not saying other teams (including my own) do not schedule cupcakes. I am saying one team has taking it so far … that most knowledgeable football fans would call it crap and never by a ticket to watch that OOC schedule...

Tell me Diego --- you looking forward to watching Florida play the Martin Skyhawks or the Towson Tigers your on your TV next year ???

and what I'm telling you is the same thing the Selection Committee tells you. Cupcakes do not matter. Good opponents matter. By that measure, what Texas has done in only playing 6 ranked OOC opponents in 20 years is just shameful.

Are Bevo season ticket holders really excited to see their team play the likes of Rice or Utep or Wyoming?

Deathroll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There’s a lot of :nutswing:by Florida fans on their supposed rival.

I hate the bastards. Hell, I hate both of them....just ask anybody on rivals about the years of vicious fights between UF and fsu and miami.

But to deny that either of those two has been really good over the last 40 years is to deny reality. The numbers are what they are.

_rolltideroll_

4 out of 3 people have trouble with basic math...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,180.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate the bastards. Hell, I hate both of them....just ask anybody on rivals about the years of vicious fights between UF and fsu and miami.

But to deny that either of those two has been really good over the last 40 years is to deny reality. The numbers are what they are.
What was your name on Rivals?

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yet here you are swinging from their nuts, gargling Seminole gravy this whole thread.

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Unlike you, I don’t fixate on UF one way or the other. They set their schedules based on their concerns, as do the rest of us.

But since you asked, I will say that UF has provided far more CFB “moments” over the past 2+ decades than has Texas. You can try to spin that however you please. I don’t care either way.

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and what I'm telling you is the same thing the Selection Committee tells you. Cupcakes do not matter. Good opponents matter. By that measure, what Texas has done in only playing 6 ranked OOC opponents in 20 years is just shameful.

Are Bevo season ticket holders really excited to see their team play the likes of Rice or Utep or Wyoming?

The difference is you don’t fixate on Texas as he does on UF. Hell, I couldn’t care less if Texas gave up CFB. Without UF, Bama, and TAMU, Neil would have nothing to discuss. Pathetic.

Neilcar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Almost any school....provided they're not good enough to field a ranked team. Amirite?
no --- anyone but a$m … our future schedule includes home-&-home games against LSU, Alabama, Michigan, Ohio St, Georgia …. your team is playing Towson...

When did gator fan see "The Shoe", "The Big House", "Touch-down Jesus" in the last 28 years … never … 2 FCS teams in 2 years … embarrassing ...