• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

It appears Florida will play 4 FCS team in 2 years

Neilcar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The difference is you don’t fixate on Texas as he does on UF. Hell, I couldn’t care less if Texas gave up CFB. Without UF, Bama, and TAMU, Neil would have nothing to discuss. Pathetic.
Wyoming was a great home-&-home series. In 100 degree early Sept. in Austin we travel to Wyoming where it was cool, great fans who like to party, ---then visited some National parks while there … great road trip .. I would like to do it again!!! Memorable trip for me -- Gator fan probably does not remember who they played that day...

Gator fan stayed at home in 100 degree heat and played nobody ...

I post what is news or abnormal in college football … you try to convince people a bad game is a good thing to buy a ticket to … and most people are not buying what you are selling ...

Deathroll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet here you are swinging from their nuts, gargling Seminole gravy this whole thread.

Just because they're disgusting and evil does not mean they're incapable.

Deathroll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no --- anyone but a$m … our future schedule includes home-&-home games against LSU, Alabama, Michigan, Ohio St, Georgia …. your team is playing Towson...

When did gator fan see "The Shoe", "The Big House", "Touch-down Jesus" in the last 28 years … never … 2 FCS teams in 2 years … embarrassing ...

and my guess is you'll keep playing the likes of Rice and Utep and that you'll play a lot fewer ranked OOC teams than UF will.

How many ranked opponents has Texas played OOC in the last 20 years? How many top 10 or national title contenders? How many national champs?

Deathroll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wyoming was a great home-&-home series. In 100 degree early Sept. in Austin we travel to Wyoming where it was cool, great fans who like to party, ---then visited some National parks while there … great road trip .. I would like to do it again!!! Memorable trip for me -- Gator fan probably does not remember who they played that day...

I post what is news or abnormal in college football … you try to convince people a bad game is a good thing to buy a ticket to … and most people are not buying what you are selling ...

Wyoming was y'all's "big" game that year. Pathetic.

Meanwhile we played fsu every year, miami 4 times this century and have them again next year, Michigan last year.......

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lolz … holy shet. This thing got 35 pages.

Somebody wanna give me the Cliff's notes version? :hockeysmile:

Some teams of big time programs schedule local trucking schools a few times a year not because it's like an extra bye and they actually get a W for it but because they make a few extra bucks that they could probably double if they got on these new fangle things called areo planes and played other big time programs at their home and they would get one in return (what a concept!) . But apparently the players they recruit don't do well far from home and have never been in another time zone. The end

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I never tried to convince anybody of anything. I just called you out gor the same old shit. And you respond (again, go figure) with the same old shit.

Like I said, Texas can play whomever they choose. As can Florida. Neither has any impact on me or my team.

Neilcar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wyoming was y'all's "big" game that year. Pathetic.

Meanwhile we played fsu every year, miami 4 times this century and have them again next year, Michigan last year.......

Actually we were completing the home-&-home with Wyoming that year and also started a home&home series with UCLA the same year …

Wyoming doesn't get a lot of Blue Bloods who are willing to travel to their Stadium, they thanked us for coming and made us feel welcome -- we made some life long friends there -- beautiful State to travel to and visit… Great Road trip... you should try to get there some time.

I looked it up --- Gator fan got to watch South Florida at home that day … another great game home date for gator season ticket holder …

Merry Christmas DR … see you next year …

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. “Good” is a relative term; NOT an absolute one. UF’s OOC schedules have been above average far more often than not. That’s “good”. Not great, but good.

2. Many of you miss the point. Focusing on OOC schedules (which OP does to advance his obvious agenda) obscures what is REALLY important: OVERALL schedules. UF’s overall schedule regularly ranks pretty high.

When you cannot attach what really matters, you attack what you can, and you ignore anything conflicting with your agenda. Case in point: focusing on “out of state” OOC opponents. Doing so minimizes the fact that UF plays FSU (and from time to time, Miami).

It would be equally silly to criticize Texas for playing at least 3 in-state opponents each year, or saying they are afraid of going to a conference with no other Texas teams.

But such isn’t beneath OP, and this has gone on for years. One thread flaming one of three teams, and NEVER a thread about “his team”.

1. Playing one ranked team out of 4 and in some cases playing 2 FCS teams is not above average.

2. This argument isn’t about overalls schedules. It’s about how UF doesn’t play a good OOC schedule. Maybe try comprehending that. Playing one good team your state legislature wants you to play is not going out on your own and scheduling good OOC games. This is literally the equivalent to MSU playing UM if both weren’t in the same conference.

No it wouldn’t be silly. It’d be true. But since Texas doesn’t do that you really can’t make that argument.

This argument with DR and I is him saying Florida needs 7 home games a year and that they their OOC. Schedule is good. For the better part of 20 years they have got the benefit of playing a ranked OOC in state rival. That’s it. If you cant see that then there is nothing that can be done for you.

Deathroll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Playing one ranked team out of 4 and in some cases playing 2 FCS teams is not above average.

2. This argument isn’t about overalls schedules. It’s about how UF doesn’t play a good OOC schedule. Maybe try comprehending that. Playing one good team your state legislature wants you to play is not going out on your own and scheduling good OOC games. This is literally the equivalent to MSU playing UM if both weren’t in the same conference.

No it wouldn’t be silly. It’d be true. But since Texas doesn’t do that you really can’t make that argument.

This argument with DR and I is him saying Florida needs 7 home games a year and that they their OOC. Schedule is good. For the better part of 20 years they have got the benefit of playing a ranked OOC in state rival. That’s it. If you cant see that then there is nothing that can be done for you.

Woah on point #2. The state legislature never required UF to play fsu. In fact, fsu supporters brought a resolution in the 1950s stating this and it failed in the legislature.

How is playing a good fsu program not "going out on your own and scheduling good OOC games"? They are obviously a good OOC game.

If you want to argue some absolute standard whereby everybody should play several big dog opponents OOC every year and anything less than that is not good....OK. I can't argue with that. I'll say its a standard nobody meets, but you're free to define "good" as you see fit.

I define "good" in terms of what everybody else does. By that standard, UF's OOC schedules have been good. They've featured more ranked opponents than all but a handful of other programs. Since the 12th game was added, they've featured a 2nd OOC heavyweight about 1/3rd of the time.

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This argument with DR and I is him saying Florida needs 7 home games a year and that they their OOC. Schedule is good. For the better part of 20 years they
have got the benefit of playing a ranked OOC in state rival. That’s it. If you cant see that then there is nothing that can be done for you.

And MY argument is with OP and his history of this repetitive shit. He doesn’t like UF’s OOC, UF in general, or TAMU or Bama. Fine. But stop posting this over and over and expecting people not to see through it.

He wants to focus on OOC because he has no way to attack UF’s overall schedule. You’re okay with that. Fine. But I’m calling his flaming troll ass out on it, and if that bothers you, tough shit.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woah on point #2. The state legislature never required UF to play fsu. In fact, fsu supporters brought a resolution in the 1950s stating this and it failed in the legislature.

How is playing a good fsu program not "going out on your own and scheduling good OOC games"? They are obviously a good OOC game.

If you want to argue some absolute standard whereby everybody should play several big dog opponents OOC every year and anything less than that is not good....OK. I can't argue with that. I'll say its a standard nobody meets, but you're free to define "good" as you see fit.

I define "good" in terms of what everybody else does. By that standard, UF's OOC schedules have been good. They've featured more ranked opponents than all but a handful of other programs. Since the 12th game was added, they've featured a 2nd OOC heavyweight about 1/3rd of the time.

It’s very hard for me to believe the state legislature doesn’t see any advantages in you two playing and thus want to continue.

How is relying on the same out of conference opponent going out on your own and scheduling good OOC GAMES?

I’m not trying to argue any standard of how to schedule OOC games. I’m arguing playing one good OOC game out of 4 is not scheduling good OOC. No matter how many teams do it. That is what I have been arguing throughout here.

FSU, Miami and Syracuse are the only 3 teams you have played OOC that finished the season ranked in the last 20 years. I’m simply not calling your OOC schedule good no matter how many times you use the benefit of FSU being ranked in this argument.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And MY argument is with OP and his history of this repetitive shit. He doesn’t like UF’s OOC, UF in general, or TAMU or Bama. Fine. But stop posting this over and over and expecting people not to see through it.

He wants to focus on OOC because he has no way to attack UF’s overall schedule. You’re okay with that. Fine. But I’m calling his flaming troll ass out on it, and if that bothers you, tough shit.

Then keep YOUR ARGUEMNT with the OP and not bring in into DR and my argument. I have not once and never will say UFs overall schedule is bad. It’s not, the fact they have to play LSU as their cross division game is a huge boast to that. My beef is calling their OOC schedule good when simply put it isn’t.

Deathroll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s very hard for me to believe the state legislature doesn’t see any advantages in you two playing and thus want to to not continue.

How is relying on the same out of conference opponent going out on your own and scheduling good OOC GAMES?

I’m not trying to argue any standard of how to schedule OOC games. I’m arguing playing one good OOC game out of 4 is not scheduling good OOC. No matter ho many teams do it. That is what I have been arguing throughout here.

FSU, Miami and Syracuse are the only 3 teams you have played OOC that finished the season ranked. I’m simply not calling your OOC schedule good no matter how many times you use the benefit of FSU being ranked in this argument.

There is no requirement and there never has been. Why doesn't the Texas legislature require Bevo to play the Aggies?

How is playing one of the top 5 winningest programs over the last 40 years OOC not scheduling good OOC games? How is playing another of the winningest programs over the last 40 years....both of which have won a combined EIGHT national titles in that time, not scheduling good OOC games?

We last played Syracuse in the regular season in 1991. Southern Miss whom we played in 97 finished ranked since then.

You say the "benefit" of fsu being ranked. Well those were good teams many times. Those were tough games. Had we only played 6 ranked OOC opponents in the last 20 years like Texas has done rather than the 18 we've actually played, you can bet we'd have fewer losses and more wins in the last 20 years. Conversely, Texas would have more losses had they traded OOC schedules with us.

IrishBlooded

Bewbs or it didn't happen
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Blah blah blah

Texas sucks guy parts

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no requirement and there never has been. Why doesn't the Texas legislature require Bevo to play the Aggies?

How is playing one of the top 5 winningest programs over the last 40 years OOC not scheduling good OOC games? How is playing another of the winningest programs over the last 40 years....both of which have won a combined EIGHT national titles in that time, not scheduling good OOC games?

We last played Syracuse in the regular season in 1991. Southern Miss whom we played in 97 finished ranked since then.

You say the "benefit" of fsu being ranked. Well those were good teams many times. Those were tough games. Had we only played 6 ranked OOC opponents in the last 20 years like Texas has done rather than the 18 we've actually played, you can bet we'd have fewer losses and more wins in the last 20 years. Conversely, Texas would have more losses had they traded OOC schedules with us.

That doesn’t mean the Texas legislature doesn’t want it. But they don’t play and I get every state is different.

You play one good game out of 4. 2 others are from mid major conferences and one is from another division. Sure a lot of people do that, that doesn’t mean anyone else is here calling their OOC schedule good. It’s not. An you’ve played Miami 4 times in the last 20 years OOC. Using that as reason you guys schedule good OOC is ridiculous.

Absolutely they are tough games against FSU. But they are the sole reason most of the time you have a ranked opponent on your OOC schedule.

We have no idea how Texas would have done with UFs schedule. Just as we don’t know how Florida would have done with Texas schedule.

Deathroll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That doesn’t mean the Texas legislature doesn’t want it. But they don’t play and I get every state is different.

You play one good game out of 4. 2 others are from mid major conferences and one is from another division. Sure a lot of people do that, that doesn’t mean anyone else is here calling their OOC schedule good. It’s not. An you’ve played Miami 4 times in the last 20 years OOC. Using that as reason you guys schedule good OOC is ridiculous.

Absolutely they are tough games against FSU. But they are the sole reason most of the time you have a ranked opponent on your OOC schedule.

We have no idea how Texas would have done with UFs schedule. Just as we don’t know how Florida would have done with Texas schedule.

Florida is not different from Texas in this respect. The Florida legislature never required the two to play. Nor did the Florida state government.

What I use to say UF plays good schedules OOC is the number of final ranked opponents. Only a handful play more. If UF's aren't good then almost nobody's are good.

Any team's "big" OOC opponent is the sole reason they have a ranked opponent on their OOC schedule.

We have no idea how Texas would have done with UF's OOC schedule you say? I disagree. Ranked opponents are far more likely to beat you than unranked opponents. Since Florida played three times as many ranked OOC opponents as Texas did over the last 20 years, it stands to reason that Texas would have lost several more games playing UF's much tougher OOC schedule.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Florida is not different from Texas in this respect. The Florida legislature never required the two to play. Nor did the Florida state government.

What I use to say UF plays good schedules OOC is the number of final ranked opponents. Only a handful play more. If UF's aren't good then almost nobody's are good.

Any team's "big" OOC opponent is the sole reason they have a ranked opponent on their OOC schedule.

We have no idea how Texas would have done with UF's OOC schedule you say? I disagree. Ranked opponents are far more likely to beat you than unranked opponents. Since Florida played three times as many ranked OOC opponents as Texas did over the last 20 years, it stands to reason that Texas would have lost several more games playing UF's much tougher OOC schedule.

But that’s the thing, UFs isn’t good. I have no problem saying most aren’t good. But playing 1 ranked OOC schedule out of 4 doesn’t mean your OOC schedule is good because everyone’s doing that.

Again we have no clue how Texas would have done. But these ranked OOC games you are talking about are basically Florida state, yes? I would be interested to see how Florida would have done on Texas OOC schedule when the ranked teams they played arent 2 hours away and the last game of the year. You can’t ignore those things.

Deathroll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But that’s the thing, UFs isn’t good. I have no problem saying most aren’t good. But playing 1 ranked OOC schedule out of 4 doesn’t mean your OOC schedule is good because everyone’s doing that.

Again we have no clue how Texas would have done. But these ranked OOC games you are talking about are basically Florida state, yes? I would be interested to see how Florida would have done on Texas OOC schedule when the ranked teams they played arent 2 hours away and the last game of the year. You can’t ignore those things.

If you look at respective winning percentages, you will see the winning percentage against ranked opponents is dramatically lower than against unranked opponents for every program. Ergo, more ranked opponents means more losses. Fewer = fewer losses.

Why is an opponent being 2 hours away an advantage? Isn't it an equal advantage for that opponent when they play you? After all, you're just 2 hours away for them.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you look at respective winning percentages, you will see the winning percentage against ranked opponents is dramatically lower than against unranked opponents for every program. Ergo, more ranked opponents means more losses. Fewer = fewer losses.

Why is an opponent being 2 hours away an advantage? Isn't it an equal advantage for that opponent when they play you? After all, you're just 2 hours away for them.

Again I’m not arguing playing ranked opponents means you can lose more likely than playing unranked. Im arguing that calling 1 ranked opponent out of 4 a good OOC schedule and then citing because everyone does it it must be is not.

Seriously you think I was saying UF has an advantage over FSU on this? Really? I’m saying UF has an advantage over Texas on this. All of Texas OOC ranked games weren’t just 2 hours away.

Deathroll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again I’m not arguing playing ranked opponents means you can lose more likely than playing unranked. Im arguing that calling 1 ranked opponent out of 4 a good OOC schedule and then citing because everyone does it it must be is not.

Seriously you think I was saying UF has an advantage over FSU on this? Really? I’m saying UF has an advantage over Texas on this. All of Texas OOC ranked games weren’t just 2 hours away.

Why does the distance from your campus of an opponent matter? Isn't it the quality of the opponent rather than distance or time zones or state lines that actually matters?

I bet Alabama would be really tough even if our campus were only 20 miles away. I bet Kansas would be an easy opponent even if we played them in Outer Mongolia.