• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Russell Wilson worth $20m a year?

Is Russell Wilson worth $20m a year?

• Yes

Votes: 35 50.7%
  • No

Votes: 34 49.3%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Lynch RW is worth $20 plus million a year, without Lynch Wilson is going to be good but not in the elite discussion.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
worth $20M? Nope. Will someone give him that? Yup. Is Romo worth his contract? Brees? Flacco? Kap? Cutler? Stafford?

Nope, none of them. But that's the market so that's what QB's are pulling now. Wilson gets $20M and the team will sink back to 3rd in the NFCW at best. You can't hamstring a team with a contract like that unless you are going to hit big in the draft every year. Too many Hawks looking to get paid, just like everyone said they would. Some Seattle fans had delusions that the players were a team and would work together to take less and stay together. That didn't even make it one offseason.
:lol: Fordman. For one thing the core guys are signed. Seahawks are going to contenders for the next few years. For another, all playoff teams are going to be paying out the big bucks to their QBs, just the way it is in the NFL.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Hawks have a lot of good players. But this is still a QB driven league. Wilson is the Hawks difference between being a .500 team, and being a top seed/SB contender. Yes he benefits from what's built around him, but don't get it twisted, they benefit significantly from him too.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Old dude in NO so maybe, Denver I see that as a yes for sure, Manning will be done and the heir apparent is a mystery at best. chargers? rivers could retire so yes even if he doesn't because they know they'll need someone very soon. Giants yes, SF oh hell yes. Tons of teams that would like him to be the next answer at QB.

NO...I would doubt that one...Brees is older and no heir apparent on the roster, but they are most likely going to go young (and much cheaper) if Brees is indeed done after the '16 season. I think they will hand the reins to this Grayson kid they drafted.

DEN/SD...I would change course and say maybe there because you could be right...especially if Rivers does not get another deal this year.

NYG...I don't see that one happening...I think Manning will get one more deal to close out his career.

SF...I don't see it happening...why? yes, SF has some "outs" in Kaep's contract that will lower the cost of moving him, but if they just release him to bring in RW...they would have to fit the dead money from Kaep's deal, and RW's new deal under the cap.

I agree that maybe 10 teams would like to have RW's services, but I still contend the FA market for a $100 mil deal for RW lies with about 4 teams that are ready willing and able.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like logic is making a comeback.

C'mon No Votes!

(Little QBs that use their legs as much as their arms, yeah.... Great longterm investments..... I vote No.)

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like logic is making a comeback.

C'mon No Votes!

(Little QBs that use their legs as much as their arms, yeah.... Great longterm investments..... I vote No.)
Long term investment? What's long term? 4 years? 5 years? We are not talking long term here, we are talking a regular second contract for a young player. I guess it bugs you he uses his legs. I see no danger in resigning him myself. It really doesn't matter if the Seahawks over pay, you get lucky and hit on a QB, you got to hold on to him. Whatever it takes.

brashCHOWDER

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson is 36-12 in his NFL career

The Seahawks are 36-12 over his NFL career.

Russell Wilson probably isn't even the fifth most important player on that team and I hope they do tie up that much money in him. It will definitely open up the NFC anyway.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Seahawks are 36-12 over his NFL career.

Russell Wilson probably isn't even the fifth most important player on that team and I hope they do tie up that much money in him. It will definitely open up the NFC anyway.
How much money you talking?

dirtboy068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hell yes. bringing a championship to Seattle and a near miss at a repeat. PAY THE MAN

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I don't think anybody playing a game for a living is worth $20 million a year. But what do I know?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Long term investment? What's long term? 4 years? 5 years? We are not talking long term here, we are talking a regular second contract for a young player. I guess it bugs you he uses his legs. I see no danger in resigning him myself. It really doesn't matter if the Seahawks over pay, you get lucky and hit on a QB, you got to hold on to him. Whatever it takes.
Longterm to me means 5+.

I doesn't bug me.

It's just a universal deal for athletes that legs and everything that comes with with them, goes first. Speed loses out longterm to power. Pocket passers last longer than scramblers.

You see no danger, I do. We have different opinions.

A QB who's best attribute is his elisiveness with his feet and legs will never fall into the whatever it takes category, for me. (Big Ben extends plays with his feet, but more so his size.)

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Longterm to me means 5+.

I doesn't bug me.

It's just a universal deal for athletes that legs and everything that comes with with them, goes first. Speed loses out longterm to power. Pocket passers last longer than scramblers.

A QB who's best attribute is his elisiveness with his feet and legs will never fall into the whatever it takes category, for me. (Big Ben extends plays with his feet, but more so his size.)
Everyone has a opinion. Personally watch RW make things happen with his arm, by personally I mean actually being at the game, but even watching on TV it's plain to see RW is .....IDK....special? For sure the best QB the Seahawks ever had and I've been watching from day one. He's like manna from heaven. You like the pocket passers I'm guessing, so I'm sure you love Luck, but who else? Tannelhill, Cam ( no need to mention AR) ....who ? Also wondering how the Seahawks would be better without him IYO

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The title of this thread and post I responded to is "Is Russell Wilson worth $20m a year?"

:doh:
20 million? Yeah I'm good with that, not going open anything up for anyone else however.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I only can wish RW signs for 20 million. Going to be. More then that I think. Still good with it.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Longterm to me means 5+.

I doesn't bug me.

Haven't heard 5 years in any of the rumors, what I hear is 4 years, but no matter. 5 years is not long term for a player getting ready to sign his first contract since the rookie contract. It's not like he's 30 or something. Funny shit Smitty

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone has a opinion. Personally watch RW make things happen with his arm, by personally I mean actually being at the game, but even watching on TV it's plain to see RW is .....IDK....special? For sure the best QB the Seahawks ever had and I've been watching from day one. He's like manna from heaven. You like the pocket passers I'm guessing, so I'm sure you love Luck, but who else? Tannelhill, Cam ( no need to mention AR) ....who ? Also wondering how the Seahawks would be better without him IYO
I like a lot of QBs.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't heard 5 years in any of the rumors, what I hear is 4 years, but no matter. 5 years is not long term for a player getting ready to sign his first contract since the rookie contract. It's not like he's 30 or something. Funny shit Smitty
You asked what I considered longterm, I answered.

If he signed a 5 year deal after this season, he'd play most of the contract in his 30's.