• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Mitch Trubisky a Bust?

Is Mitch Trubisky a bust?

• Total voters
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine being a professional football evaluator, and watching film of Patrick Mahomes, Mitch Trubisky and Deshaun Watson....and...

Never gets old!
And Brady went in the 6th round, whats you point? Mahommie has a top team around him.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denial: not just a river in Egypt!

BeaReylo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In all due fairness no one saw Patrick Mahomes being this good, coming out the draft. And having Reid, on of the brightest offensive talents coaching him; having the fastest receiving corps in the NFL, and having an all around better offensive unit surrounding him also helps in PM's overall success. Part of Mitch's struggles can be related to coaching and lack of cohesion in his team's O schemes?

Now passing on DeShaun Watson can be held against Pace. Just for the fact that then head coach Jon Fox wanted him over Trubisky and Watson played in a pro style offense and was considered already NFL ready. And to make matters worse Fox didn't even know that Mitchell got selected until the day of the draft?

Granted I'm reading about this after the fact and from what others have said Trubisky was heralded as a top notch prospect but others have said no one outside of Pace wanted him and gave up far more than he had to to get his man?

Some quarterbacks take longer to develop than others like for example Drew Brees to four years to get everything together then exploded on defenses, and his numbers from his first three years are very similar to MT's. And Eli Manning was considered a failure going into his third year then it all came together, for him. Regardless this is a make or break year for Chicago's signal caller.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all due fairness no one saw Patrick Mahomes being this good, coming out the draft. And having Reid, on of the brightest offensive talents coaching him; having the fastest receiving corps in the NFL, and having an all around better offensive unit surrounding him also helps in PM's overall success. Part of Mitch's struggles can be related to coaching and lack of cohesion in his team's O schemes?

Now passing on DeShaun Watson can be held against Pace. Just for the fact that then head coach Jon Fox wanted him over Trubisky and Watson played in a pro style offense and was considered already NFL ready. And to make matters worse Fox didn't even know that Mitchell got selected until the day of the draft?

Granted I'm reading about this after the fact and from what others have said Trubisky was heralded as a top notch prospect but others have said no one outside of Pace wanted him and gave up far more than he had to to get his man?

Some quarterbacks take longer to develop than others like for example Drew Brees to four years to get everything together then exploded on defenses, and his numbers from his first three years are very similar to MT's. And Eli Manning was considered a failure going into his third year then it all came together, for him. Regardless this is a make or break year for Chicago's signal caller.

A whole bunch of us here in Texas watched his work at TTU and felt that with the right coach he had a chance to be really, really good. So... “no one” isn’t exactly correct. By the same token - trying to ram Trubisky down people’s throats based on his small sample size of work was typical of scouts and draft “experts” spitting out numbers and stats and projections and the typical bullshit that they do to get a guy moved up the draft board. The film didn’t lie about either of these two guys. Stats be damned.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both Trubisky and Mahomes rose in the draft process as teams thirsty for QBs started looking beyond actual winning at who might be able to develop into an NFL starter.

The difference is...Mahomes was actually good. No one saw him becoming this good this fast, for sure, but he was a legitimate prospect to groom based solely on his extraordinary arm and ability to throw on the move, which he displayed very capably at Texas Tech.

As for Watson....there are simply no excuses. The guy led his team to two straight national title games against Alabama, balled out in both and won one. No one had to look very hard to see him. You had to almost ignore him as an evaluator not to take him in the top 10. And yes, I will say it, I think race probably played a role. Hard to explain any way you look at that one.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears in talks with Teddy Bridgewater to be their starter

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take it at this point given the other options.

I think it would be vikings luck if Teddy two gloves leads Chicago to a SB while we get Cousins

I'll always root for Teddy, but Chi Town.... oh boy

But yes, of options for Chicago that make sense, I'd argue Teddy is best

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Serious question. Teddy wants to start and get paid I assume. He would have to have some assurances id think? Is this the towel on trubs if true?

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they may find the difference between the 2 is not much.
TD % and INT% are almost identical.

upload_2020-3-16_14-26-21.png

upload_2020-3-16_14-26-30.png

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
those are only 2 metrics though.
Yes, but other metrics do the same.
Rating is close.
Completion % is close.
Yards per game is close if you remove Teddy's 153 yards per game last year.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, but other metrics do the same.
Rating is close.
Completion % is close.
Yards per game is close if you remove Teddy's 153 yards per game last year.
Yes and if U dive deeper at trubs his largely skewed by beating up on some bad teams. Again look at his "pro bow year. 50% of his touchdowns in 3 games.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes and if U dive deeper at trubs his largely skewed by beating up on some bad teams. Again look at his "pro bow year. 50% of his touchdowns in 3 games.
I'm definitely not defending Trubisky. I'm more stating that I think people may be overrating Teddy.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3