• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Durant the Best Right now?

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Anthony is one of the top guys to build around. I felt that the Knicks had tons of good players both the last two seasons and can't get going in the playoffs. Seems to me that Anthony shoots too many quick jumpers from deep and doesn't convert enough inside or set his team up for layins or dunks really at all. They should employ more of a half court game with two post players on the blocks. set up a passing game from there. They should've made Amare the focal point of their gameplan. He's been the leading scorer on 4 teams that made it to the WCFs.

You have a valid point here. I must take Melo off the list, then.

But one thing I was saying is that the list is longer than just Lebron, who wouldn't appear on my list until about the 10th slot or so.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pippen was about Lerbons' size infact maybe a little longer, and I believe he passed better. Grant Hill was a pretty good passer aswell.

Durant is a pretty good passer when he wants to.

Barkley was a great passer.

Malone, Shaq and Hakeem were great passers from the post in recent years.

Bird was about Lebron's size but a much better passer.

I'll give you Bird but I think the rest either didn't do it often enough, or just weren't on the same skill level as LeBron. LeBron in transition is deadly, I can't imagine Shaq or Hakeem doing something like that. I just plain don't know enough about Pippen.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron is like one of those guys at the rec center that won't play unless he feels he's on a stacked team.

Was he on a stacked team in Cleveland and he played his heart out but cane up short bc of the team around him.

His players he had around him should have been playing at the rec enter. :laugh3:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would build around a team leader. Lebron James is a follower, not a leader. And he's not the GO TO guy in the clutch and he isn't at all like MJ, not even close.

Team leaders:
Kevin Durant
Tony Parker
Carmelo Anthony
Paul George

That's just for starters to get you thinking in the right direction.

You take Lebron and ADD him in with a guy who is a team leader like Miami did and you probably win a championship ring or two.

I don't think Anthony is a true leader. A leader needs to do everything good, Melo can't pass and times plays no defense.

If Lebron isn't a leader, who was the heat leader this yr. Was it the injured Wade, Bosh who didn't show up, Chalmers haha, or a bench player?

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would build around a team leader. Lebron James is a follower, not a leader. And he's not the GO TO guy in the clutch and he isn't at all like MJ, not even close.

Team leaders:
Kevin Durant
Tony Parker
Carmelo Anthony
Paul George

That's just for starters to get you thinking in the right direction.

You take Lebron and ADD him in with a guy who is a team leader like Miami did and you probably win a championship ring or two.

You're fucking kidding me!?!?!?! You listed the black hole as a leader. :laugh3:

S

sportswise1

the coaches and gm's select the beST defenders-they know abit about basketball and Lebron has been on the list for best defense 1st team for several years

almost made dpoy__

LEARN THE GAME!

jAMES A FOLLOWER? probably the dumbest comment on this board

Kobe is barely a top 5 now!

Last edited by a moderator:

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're fucking kidding me!?!?!?! You listed the black hole as a leader. :laugh3:

OK guys, I had already agreed that Melo shouldn't have been on the list. Sheesh.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what an idiotic reply-with zero input

Why does everyone think it's mandatory to explain his answer? It isn't. If the dude says yes or no and leaves it at that don't have a hissy fit over it.

S

sportswise1

saying "no" simply means the poster had no clue about the subject and can't even support his own views with facts or logic.

there isn't a respected basketball person around that does not think lebron is currently the best in the NBA for the last few seasons.

if you disagree -explain why!

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
saying "no" simply means the poster had no clue about the subject and can't even support his own views with facts or logic.

there isn't a respected basketball person around that does not think lebron is currently the best in the NBA for the last few seasons.

No, I will not explain why because I don't have to! :lol:

You are assuming. The guy may have just realized he's got to go or that he just doesn't want to tell you how he feels. Who cares? It's just a dumb message board, this isn't a game show or anything.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You need to go back and read the last several pages. I have already explained why and I won't do it again just for you. Sorry.

S

sportswise1

you can say "no" all you want but it it's obvious you know zip about basketball

those that do--have made it quite clear why lebron is the best and back it with facts/results and logic

you do none of these

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geneh33 if you don't take age into consideration who would you pick to start a team with over LeBron?

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geneh33 if you don't take age into consideration who would you pick to start a team with over LeBron?

Dude, you need to go back and read the last two pages and catch up. We are past that, already.

As an attorney in court would say, "Objection! Already asked and answered!"

S

sportswise1

The Admiral--laughed off three other boards and now you can see why

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you can say "no" all you want but it it's obvious you know zip about basketball

those that do--have made it quite clear why lebron is the best and back it with facts/results and logic

you do none of these

I'm not the one who said no, I was just defending the guy who did. He actually agrees with you and not me. Oops.