• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Durant the Best Right now?

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't have much.... you'll have to explain how LeBron is better and more clutch than Duncan with LeBron's 3.8 turnovers per game in the playoffs.
This years playoffs = 3.0

Duncan 2.0......and we both know James handles the ball 2x as much as Timmy.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just looking at everything and especially this past season and playoffs. you always have to remember the playoffs.

Duncan has 4 rings and should be 5 because LeBron threw the game away in game 6 but popovich threw it worse.

Duncan was number 2 I believe in PER last season and number 1 in Per in the Playoffs for those who played atleast 7 games.

He did that as a center which is more meaningful and more responsibility in the game.
Duncan was 6th in PER this past season at 24.45.......James led the league with a PER of 31.67

For those who played at least 7 playoff games in this years playoffs

James led with a 28.20 PER........Duncan was 7th with a 21.41 PER

Hollinger's NBA Player Stats - ESPN Insider - National Basketball Association - ESPN

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6 in the supposed deciding game 6.

it says he averaged 3 in the playoffs but we all know the staticians don't get those stats right or correct all the time and especially with poster boys like LeBron.

the number was actually more like 4 per game and all 4 are pretty much unforced.... there are no Scottie Pippen's or Michael Jordans running around in the league anymore.

LeBron also has a very low FG% in the 4th quarter and usually needs Battier, Miller, Allen or Wade to bail him out.

Duncan did way more to help his team win in the Finals. Switch roles and Duncan with Miami would go 16 and 0 in the Playoffs every year. Parker is not as good as Wade.
:yawn:

:rollseyes:

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're the one who brought up PER.....not me.

I'm done with your retard act, but you can keep :fish2: for others

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're the one who brought up PER.....not me.

I'm done with your retard act, but you can keep :fish2: for others

So this is what you are supposed to say when you get owned? I wouldn't know.

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron is hands down the best player in the world right now. Anyone who thinks any different doesn't actually watch the NBA.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron is hands down the best player in the world right now. Anyone who thinks any different doesn't actually watch the NBA.

CORRECTION:
LeBron is hands down the best player in the world right now. Anyone who thinks any different doesn't actually think like I do.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So this is what you are supposed to say when you get owned? I wouldn't know.
Yes.....I got completely owned by showing him his stats were wrong.

You = DUMB

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A ZERO in plus minus during the Finals..

his team won him that Finals.... Or should I actually say popovich won it for him by sitting the best rebounder at the time when you most need a defensive rebound.

His buddy Ray Allen misses that shot against Indy and Lebron doesn't even get to play in the Finals.

LEBRON to RAY:

THANKS, BUDDY!!!!

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CORRECTION:
LeBron is hands down the best player in the world right now. Anyone who thinks any different doesn't actually think like I do.

No lol it's that obvious he's the best. If your starting a team are you picking anyone else?

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes.....I got completely owned by showing him his stats were wrong.

You = DUMB

Okay. Just checking. I noticed you stopped arguing after he quoted that zero stat for Lebron. What happened?

Yep. That's what you say when you get owned, alright. Thanks.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No lol it's that obvious he's the best. If your starting a team are you picking anyone else?

Oh yeah, I can think of several. If you can't maybe you aren't watching enough NBA games.

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah, I can think of several. If you can't maybe you aren't watching enough NBA games.

Maybe just because of age, but if LeBron was 22 your telling me you'd pick someone else? Who?

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't normally make cases for LeBron but his passing is something I've always admired. I thought we were arguing his passing ability Sman (admiral?), not his decision making. No one his size has been able to pass it that well since Magic.

If we are talking about all-around talent then I'd take LeBron, if you are looking for a leader and the best scorer in the league then you are talking about Durant (Durants a better scorer because of LeBron's love for the pass, which also makes LeBron questionable in crunch time). Kobe's masterful post-game makes up for his deteriorating athleticism. Kobe in his prime is easily better than Durant right now, but Durant's best years are still ahead of him. If Durant develops a post-game, the Heat bandwagoners would switch over to the Thunder in a matter of seconds.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay. Just checking. I noticed you stopped arguing after he quoted that zero stat for Lebron. What happened?

Yep. That's what you say when you get owned, alright. Thanks.
I posted before I saw his +/- stat. I'm sure it's true, just like the other stats he posted.

Like I said, he can fish for others with his retard act.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe just because of age, but if LeBron was 22 your telling me you'd pick someone else? Who?

Now you are resorting to IFS and BUTS and candies and nuts? What is this, Christmas?

If you weren't going to build around Lebron, which Cleveland unsuccessfully attempted to do, who would you build around?

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we are talking about all-around talent then I'd take LeBron, if you are looking for a leader and the best scorer in the league then you are talking about Durant (Durants a better scorer because of LeBron's love for the pass, which also makes LeBron questionable in crunch time). Kobe's masterful post-game makes up for his deteriorating athleticism. Kobe in his prime is easily better than Durant right now, but Durant's best years are still ahead of him. If Durant develops a post-game, the Heat bandwagoners would switch over to the Thunder in a matter of seconds.

Good post. Very good post.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would build around a team leader. Lebron James is a follower, not a leader. And he's not the GO TO guy in the clutch and he isn't at all like MJ, not even close.

Team leaders:
Kevin Durant
Tony Parker
Carmelo Anthony
Paul George

That's just for starters to get you thinking in the right direction.

You take Lebron and ADD him in with a guy who is a team leader like Miami did and you probably win a championship ring or two.

Last edited by a moderator:

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paul George does have some potential

I don't think Anthony will go deep in the playoffs.

They are guys you build around. None of them is going to get you anywhere by himself. Except Tony Parker can play with just about anybody and be one of the best in the league.