• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Durant the Best Right now?

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think CP3 will be a top 3 player now that Doc is his coach.

Sman2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 3 position is the Small Forward. The 4 position is Power Forward. The 5 position is the Center.

On D means on defense.

When Durant is on Defense he needs to be able to shut these 3 positions down when called upon.

I base that on his length and height. He will need to add at least 15 pounds of muscle to do that against the center. He will need to maintain his quickness to still be able to guard the 3, or Small Forward.

Why does he "need" to guard a center when he plays the small forward position? Isn't it the centers job to guard the center?

You are making NO SENSE at all....

Sman2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL@ you look at PPG. Efficiency is still important, sorry Lebron doesn't throw up 30 shots a night like Kobe does. We all know Lebron can take over with his scoring like he did in Cleveland. But he doesn't as much on this team and mostly bc he doesn't need to play more minutes bc of the better yeam around him. I thought you were smarter than this. Kobe has 2 seasons top left in the league and no he is not a better scorer than Lebron right now.

I will say offensive Durant is right thar, he just needs a post game something Lebron already has.

So you're saying the best scorer in the league is the guy with the highest fg pct? That would be Deandre Jordan.....

I think you're confused again "Shaneman"...Lol...

The #1 scorer in the league was Carmello followed by Durant and Kobe.....

Learn the game.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't put CP3 in this discussion.

he is arguably not even the best at his position yet alone the best in the NBA.

I predict he will lose in the 1st or 2nd round (as always) with a team that is healthy and talented (as always).

Then he will get ZERO criticism for losing like he always does.

The "Teflon king" of basketball loses more often than any other revered superstar I can remember.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other then long range shooting, which James has improved at the last couple years and FT shooting (which James vows to improve at), name any other aspect of the game where Durant is better then James.

What had Durant done to improve his almost non existant post game?

James can defend almost every player in the league. Can Durant?

Durant might be mentally where James was after the same number of years in the league, and he is the 2nd best player in the league, but he has a lot of catching up to do before he overtakes James.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does he "need" to guard a center when he plays the small forward position? Isn't it the centers job to guard the center?

You are making NO SENSE at all....

This might be a little more your speed:

Reading Comprehension Worksheets

I said "he needs to be able to shut these 3 positions down when called upon".

James is the guy they put on anyone his team can not stop. An assassin, if Durant wants to overtake LBJ he needs to broaden his D a little. His size would tell me he would be more capable to guard the Center than James.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you're saying the best scorer in the league is the guy with the highest fg pct? That would be Deandre Jordan.....

I think you're confused again "Shaneman"...Lol...

The #1 scorer in the league was Carmello followed by Durant and Kobe.....

Learn the game.

No I am saying they avg'd more is bc they shot more and considering Kobe and Melo take a shit ton of shots and barely pass.

There you go with the stats. If A guy shoots 50 times he with be the "best scorer", that is what you are saying.
:laugh3: you are a joke, Sman!

Lebron is the best scoring F/G at the hoop in the game. And considering his 3 pt pct is a career high, he has no weakness. I said Durant is right thar with Lebron scoring wise, but he needs to get bigger and get a post game. He is 6'10" and has a huge windspan and has not taken advantage of it yet. The best scorer in the league can score from ANYWHERE, and shooting it 50 times like Melo and a shitty Pct is not the best scorer.

Stop with the trolling, it makes you look like more of a dumbass then you already are. :laugh3:

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 3 position is the Small Forward. The 4 position is Power Forward. The 5 position is the Center.

On D means on defense.

When Durant is on Defense he needs to be able to shut these 3 positions down when called upon.

I base that on his length and height. He will need to add at least 15 pounds of muscle to do that against the center. He will need to maintain his quickness to still be able to guard the 3, or Small Forward.

On D Durant needs to be matched up against either the 2 or 3. He can't guard 4 or 5 well at all. I thought everybody knew that?

Last edited by a moderator:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't put CP3 in this discussion.

he is arguably not even the best at his position yet alone the best in the NBA.

I predict he will lose in the 1st or 2nd round (as always) with a team that is healthy and talented (as always).

Then he will get ZERO criticism for losing like he always does.

The "Teflon king" of basketball loses more often than any other revered superstar I can remember.

:agree: paul is great but he is actual overrated. The guy cannot win and the Clips argueable had the most if not top 3 talented teams in the NBA.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On D Durant needs to be matched up against either the 2 or 3. He can't guard 4 or 5 well at all. I thought everybody knew that?

I do, my point for Durant to overtake LBJ is that he needs to be more versatile and in general better at D.

My theory is that due to his length when he bulks up a bit he will be more to guard 3s 4s and 5s than smaller quicker players.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Tony Parker is the 3rd best player in the NBA. Had he not injured his ankle for 3-4 weeks, Lebron wouldn't have been a near unanimous decision for MVP - although I believe he would've still won it. Parker's legit.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Tim Duncan
2. D. Wade
3. L. James
4. K. Durant
5. Chris Paul
6. R. Westbrook
7. D. Howard
8. J. Harden
9. D. Nowitzki
10. P. George
11. M. Gasol
12. R. Rondo
13. Z. Randolph
14. T. Parker
15. K. Garnett
16. K. Leonard
17. P. Gasol
18. B. Griffin
19. C. Parsons
20. K. Bryant

Between 2000-2008 I would've agreed with this list having Timmy at no. 1. I love DWade as well, but can't put him over Lebron.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Tim Duncan
2. D. Wade
3. L. James
4. K. Durant
5. Chris Paul
6. R. Westbrook
7. D. Howard
8. J. Harden
9. D. Nowitzki
10. P. George
11. M. Gasol
12. R. Rondo
13. Z. Randolph
14. T. Parker
15. K. Garnett
16. K. Leonard
17. P. Gasol
18. B. Griffin
19. C. Parsons
20. K. Bryant

:wtf:

That's all I got

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Parker is legit and one of the top players in the NBA. I wish he could've played a little more defense in those Finals and rebounded a little more. If he ever starts rebounding a little more, playing a little more defense (steals, deflections, etc..) and passing a little more..

He would be a top 2-3 player in the NBA year in and year out. Just a little more..... instead of 3 boards or so... make it 4.5

instead of 1.0 steals make it 1.5.

instead of 7.0 assist make it 8-9 and consistenly.

So you'd be looking at a consistent team leader of the best team in basketball averaging 21ppg, 4.5rebs, 8 dimes, 1.5 steals and needs to give me .4 -.5 blocks per game. He already has the 52% shooting.

I can see you are going to contribute a lot to these boards! :lol:

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do, my point for Durant to overtake LBJ is that he needs to be more versatile and in general better at D.

My theory is that due to his length when he bulks up a bit he will be more to guard 3s 4s and 5s than smaller quicker players.

If you are looking at stats Lebron is the best player in the league.

If you are looking at stats, heart and soul, I go with Kevin Durant every time over everybody. Just my opinion.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are looking at stats Lebron is the best player in the league.

If you are looking at stats, heart and soul, I go with Kevin Durant every time over everybody. Just my opinion.

"heart and soul"?!?!?!?! Why didn't he heart and soul his way past the Grizzlies past the 2nd round? I'm waiting.

Sman2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This might be a little more your speed:

Reading Comprehension Worksheets

I said "he needs to be able to shut these 3 positions down when called upon".

James is the guy they put on anyone his team can not stop. An assassin, if Durant wants to overtake LBJ he needs to broaden his D a little. His size would tell me he would be more capable to guard the Center than James.

Again, why does a small forward need to be able to shut down a center when called upon? You're very confused....Are you trying to say that what makes a player a great defender is his ability to shut down a center? Are you trying to say Lebron can guard a center effectively?...Well the answer is Lebron can't. Lebron isn't even effective at guarding the 3 position...Lebron was ineffective guarding Tony Parker who hit the game winning shot on him in game 1, and scored 5 points on him in the last minute of game 6...

Botslayer, you are a sheep. You believe whatever Espn says. If espn and Nike say Lebron's a great defender you believe it....Who has Lebron ever "shut down?" And please don't say Rose from 3 years ago, because Rose missed 2 shots with Lebron guarding him...

And what center did Lebron shut down? Hibbert? LOL...Howard in 2010? LOl...You are confused Botslayer...

How did Lebron do against Nowitzki in the finals?

Lebron couldn't even shut down Marion in the finals who pretty much outplayed Lebron...

You don't have a clue to what makes a defender great. If you think Durant needs to change his physique so he can guard centers, you need to go kill yourself. You are a fuckin moron..

Peace!!

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"heart and soul"?!?!?!?! Why didn't he heart and soul his way past the Grizzlies past the 2nd round? I'm waiting.

Why didn't you heart and soul your way into a NBA Championship? I'm waiting.

It's my opinion, dude. And in this country every man has the right to his own opinion.

It takes 5 GUYS to beat any NBA team, dude. One man does not win a game by himself. The days of Wilt the Stilt are way back in the past.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why didn't you heart and soul your way into a NBA Championship? I'm waiting.

It's my opinion, dude. And in this country every man has the right to his own opinion.

It takes 5 GUYS to beat any NBA team, dude. One man does not win a game by himself. The days of Wilt the Stilt are way back in the past.

Wilt on was on 2 championship teams.

And, you are entitled to your opinion, but he is also entitled to ask you how you formed that opinion.