• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Durant the Best Right now?

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Durant is a beanpole. There is no way that he is remotely close to LeBrons size. I would rank Kobe second to LeBron. He has a much better all around game than Durant.
This isn't 2005, man. Kobe hasn't shown an all-around game for years.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Durant is a beanpole. There is no way that he is remotely close to LeBrons size.

This.

Also KD is 6' 10" with a 7' 4.75" wing span. Standing reach 9' 2". Also quoted at 215 lbs. 6.6 BF%

LBJ is 6' 8" with a 7' 0.25" wing span. Standing reach 8' 10.25". Also quoted at 245 lbs which nobody believes. 6.7% BF

I listed both with shoes.

DraftExpressProfile: Kevin Durant, Stats, Comparisons, and Outlook

DraftExpressProfile: LeBron James, Stats, Comparisons, and Outlook

It may not seem like much but that difference in length is huge. Length is why the Pacers D is so stifling and combines have these measurements.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebro is easily the best right now. He is good as the top point guards with his passing ability. Can rebound like a big man, can play D in the post and perimeter. He is the most complete player in the game and the best scorer in the league, especially at the hoop he is unstoppable.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL

Durant is not 236 and his wingspan is ridiculous!

durants wingspan is bigger.. lebron is a bigger/stronger person. but my response was to durant being so much bigger than lebron that he will surpass him soon. he isnt really that much bigger. he is 1 inch taller and 13 pounds lighter. wingspan matters.. but lebron jumps better and is quicker. so i wouldnt really call durant "bigger"

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron is prob close to 260. He weighed 245ish in 2003 in pre draft workouts and he is much bigger now.

Nyfan1980

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CP3? That's a joke. Kobe is easily top 3, even at his advanced age. No way is Chris Paul top 3.

Well I guess you aren't a fan of PER?

1-LeBron James 32 PER
2-Kevin Durant 28 PER
3-Chris Paul 26 PER
4-Carmelo Anthony 25 PER

Kobe Bryant had a 23 PER

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd take Durant every day and twice on Sunday. But that's just me. And Durant doesn't need to worry so much about playing defense. He needs to have a Wade and a Bosh to compliment him is what he needs!

Like Lebron does.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sman2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I guess you aren't a fan of PER?

1-LeBron James 32 PER
2-Kevin Durant 28 PER
3-Chris Paul 26 PER
4-Carmelo Anthony 25 PER

Kobe Bryant had a 23 PER

Isn't Per a stat that Espn writer Hollinger created several years ago? LOL. I guess we do live in the espn era, where espn tells every sports fan how to think...LOL...

...I'm more of a fan of how a player performs under pressure in big games. That's why I prefer Durant to Lebron. Durant clearly outplayed Lebron in the finals and has always been a guy to step up under pressure. He's like a young Kobe. Durant doesn't disappear like Lebron seems to always do under pressure.

Sman2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebro is easily the best right now. He is good as the top point guards with his passing ability. Can rebound like a big man, can play D in the post and perimeter. He is the most complete player in the game and the best scorer in the league, especially at the hoop he is unstoppable.

Best scorer in the game? That's interesting because I thought Durant led the league in scoring the last 3 years...LOL...

....And NO he's not as good as top point guards with his passing ability. Just check out his assist to turnover ratio. It's not good at all....LOL..

"lebron is the best scorer in the league"..LOL..Even Kobe at age 34 outscored Lebron...

Sman2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just quoted like...all of you. This has to be the sanest conversation we have ever had in this forum.

First off, @Sman, Kobe is being left off the 3 spot due to injury. If we went up until kobe's injury there is a strong case for him being #3 that nobody can argue against. He put together one of his best performances ever. He adapted to situations and the need for him to pass like he has never done before. If he would have done that his whole career we would be comparing LBJ to Kobe rather than MJ.

Last year while watching the games I just kind of thought LBJ was miles ahead. I really think it is much closer than I thought. He needs to develop his post game and be shut down 5 to 3 on D...which will require about 15 more pounds with out losing any quickness.

Then I went through their stats, on paper the only thing LBJ has a decent edge on Durant is assists. That may seem minor but what that reaffirms to me is LBJ is running the team while Durant is not. That is BB IQ.

I do not think many people will argue that is a big difference. It boils down to BB IQ and LBJ is miles ahead. Ignoring it would be like saying Stafford is a better QB than Peyton because he throws harder. Putting to much emphasis on it though would be like saying Drew Henson is a better QB than Peyton because he scored higher on his Wonderlic test.

Durant has a little further to go, but if he learns to use the tools in his box we could very well be discussing Durant vs LBJ in a few years with us LBJ fans then being the old timers dismissing everything the young whipper snappers are saying in an attempt to hold on to our past. :D

Please explain, Durant has to"shut down 5 to 3"...What the hell are you talking about?

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron is the best flopper in the league but the worst actor. He doesn't even try to disguise his flops. Pitiful.

You could throw a live fish on the court and it would look less like it was flopping than Lebron does.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please explain, Durant has to"shut down 5 to 3"...What the hell are you talking about?

The 3 position is the Small Forward. The 4 position is Power Forward. The 5 position is the Center.

On D means on defense.

When Durant is on Defense he needs to be able to shut these 3 positions down when called upon.

I base that on his length and height. He will need to add at least 15 pounds of muscle to do that against the center. He will need to maintain his quickness to still be able to guard the 3, or Small Forward.

piss-tons

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 3 position is the Small Forward. The 4 position is Power Forward. The 5 position is the Center.

On D means on defense.

When Durant is on Defense he needs to be able to shut these 3 positions down when called upon.

I base that on his length and height. He will need to add at least 15 pounds of muscle to do that against the center. He will need to maintain his quickness to still be able to guard the 3, or Small Forward.

Neither Lebron nor Durant can guard a true C. Gasol, Hibbert, Lopez are just too big for them. Most C's Lebron could guard but not the real, true big Cs that still exist (even if there aren't many).

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best scorer in the game? That's interesting because I thought Durant led the league in scoring the last 3 years...LOL...

....And NO he's not as good as top point guards with his passing ability. Just check out his assist to turnover ratio. It's not good at all....LOL..

"lebron is the best scorer in the league"..LOL..Even Kobe at age 34 outscored Lebron...

LOL@ you look at PPG. Efficiency is still important, sorry Lebron doesn't throw up 30 shots a night like Kobe does. We all know Lebron can take over with his scoring like he did in Cleveland. But he doesn't as much on this team and mostly bc he doesn't need to play more minutes bc of the better yeam around him. I thought you were smarter than this. Kobe has 2 seasons top left in the league and no he is not a better scorer than Lebron right now.

I will say offensive Durant is right thar, he just needs a post game something Lebron already has.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither Lebron nor Durant can guard a true C. Gasol, Hibbert, Lopez are just too big for them. Most C's Lebron could guard but not the real, true big Cs that still exist (even if there aren't many).

You're kidding right. I guess you didn't see that clip of Lebron owning Gasol in the post and pushing him around like he was the 7 footer. Now as far stoppping Hibbert, the guy is 7'3" nobldy can stop him especially with that little unblockable shot he has in the lane.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would far rather have my team built around Durant than LeBron. Talent wise, they're close(regardless of your opinion of who's better), but in terms of who I would rather have on my team and be the face of my franchise it's the easiest decision in the world.

piss-tons

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're kidding right. I guess you didn't see that clip of Lebron owning Gasol in the post and pushing him around like he was the 7 footer. Now as far stoppping Hibbert, the guy is 7'3" nobldy can stop him especially with that little unblockable shot he has in the lane.

I meant Marc Gasol who is bigger and stronger than Pau, but yes he did front Pau hard and make him look like a bitch. He won't do that to Marc though.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You'd have better luck attacking his decision making.
[youtube]KT-zhe-5ORA[/youtube]

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would far rather have my team built around Durant than LeBron. Talent wise, they're close(regardless of your opinion of who's better), but in terms of who I would rather have on my team and be the face of my franchise it's the easiest decision in the world.

I can understand that completely. I have often said LBJ could have learned a ton from Durant about not saying stupid shit.

I meant Marc Gasol who is bigger and stronger than Pau, but yes he did front Pau hard and make him look like a bitch. He won't do that to Marc though.

He fronted Dwight into oblivion too but I can not find the youtube video anymore...squinting fry meme