• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Durant the Best Right now?

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pippen? You've got to be kidding us. Pippen? Please.

Both Cartwright and Rodman were better players than Pippen. After MJ retired Pippen pooped out big time. Pippen was nothing without MJ, Cartwright was too old by then and Rodman... well, he is still Rodman.

Go home you're drunk. :laugh3:

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think because Pippen could score more points he was a better player? What, now I have to go back to square one again with you people? Sheesh.

Pippen was clearly the better player.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also pippen didnt poop out after MJ retired. Mj retired twice. in 1994-1995 when MJ was busy as a baseball player, Scottie had one of the best years of his career.

21.4 points 8 boards 5 assists and led the league in steals. I am guessing youre young a never saw the bulls at their peak. Pippen was amazing. He was on the top 50 players list. Jordan was clearly the lead dog, but Pippen was a beast.

When Jordan retired the second time, Pippen did fall off. he was mid 30s. He had switched teams to Houston. His body was breaking down. By the end of Pippen's career it was sad to watch him. But the dude was known as the "silent assassin" ..

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point is this. this knock on Lebron that he needed great teammates to win is a joke. Everybody needs great teammates to win. That's what makes teams great.

Jordan had Pippen and Rodman. He had Pippen and Horace Grant the first 3. He also had steve kerr and john paxson drilling 3's for him and spacing the floor. Kobe had Shaq. Kobe then had Bynum and Gasol. He also had Phil Jackson. Magic had worthy and kareem. Bird had Mchale and Parrish. Duncan had ginobili and parker.

Learn the game. The knock that Lebron had a good team to win a championship is borderline retarded. Bad teams dont win titles.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe was 4-18 going into the 4th quarter of game 7 against Boston. His teammates were the reason they only trailed by 3. Then the ref's took over giving LA 20fta in the 4th quarter to seal the victory. Pau put up 19-18 and should have easily won the Finals MVP.

Kobe = overrated. Especially in the Finals.

Why not include Pau's FG% (37.5%) or Kobe's rebound total (15)? Yup, luckily for Kobe, Pau was on fire game 7!

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can spin it your trollish way. But Lebron struggled earlier in that game, he stepped up when they needed him most, that is what great players do. Clutch!

Bosh played like a superstar right.

Kobe can't win with Dwight and Nash and Gasol. 2 HOFs and another solid player, now that is pathetic!

:laugh3:

You should think twice before you call someone else dumb because we don't know what Kobe could have done with that team because he was hurt, same goes for Nash and half our team by season's end. The bolded is just haterism.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you just posted "why not". it'd skew this Lakers hater's argument...:lol:

Well if we're going to critique Lebron on one or two plays when he had an overall good game, then you know Kobe's going to get the same treatment.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not include Pau's FG% (37.5%) or Kobe's rebound total (15)? Yup, luckily for Kobe, Pau was on fire game 7!
Well..... Kobe played worse shooting 25% and 0-6 from 3.

Plus, I couldn't find advanced stats from just the Finals only that year, but for the entire playoffs:

Pau = 24 PER, Offensive Win Shares 3.2, Defensive WS 1.1, Total Win Shares 4.3, Win Shares per 48min .224

Kobe = 24.7 PER, OWS 2.7, DWS 0.9, TWS 3.6, WS per 48min .190

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you just posted what you always do "nothing of sports significance"
Quote myself so CL can see it, since he can't handle the truth of what I post about him and has me on ignore.

:bawling:

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well..... Kobe played worse shooting 25% and 0-6 from 3.

My point was, with the exception of Fisher, nobody shot well from the field in game 7. Just like Kobe, Pau shot a significantly lower FG% in game 7 compared to his playoff average. So, it's a bit ludicrous to claim Kobe's teammates saved him when they were all shooting horribly too. Game 7 was a big time defensive battle. Then you selectively mentioned Pau's rebounding total but not Kobe's. 15 boards isn't good? He had as many rebounds as the Celtic's big 3 combined.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point was, with the exception of Fisher, nobody shot well from the field in game 7. Just like Kobe, Pau shot a significantly lower FG% in game 7 compared to his playoff average. So, it's a bit ludicrous to claim Kobe's teammates saved him when they were all shooting horribly too. Game 7 was a big time defensive battle. Then you selectively mentioned Pau's rebounding total but not Kobe's. 15 boards isn't good? He had as many rebounds as the Celtic's big 3 combined.
My initial response was to Sman when I specially talked about game 7.

Yes 15 boards is good, but that's not what you want or rely upon from your SG. Kobe also had more FTA than the big 3 combined.

Outlaw said that Kobe had the best numbers for the Finals and was the easy pick for Finals MVP. I guess I should have posted the advanced stats as a reply to his post since you said nothing about that......my bad.

Sman2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can spin it your trollish way. But Lebron struggled earlier in that game, he stepped up when they needed him most, that is what great players do. Clutch!

Bosh played like a superstar right.

Kobe can't win with Dwight and Nash and Gasol. 2 HOFs and another solid player, now that is pathetic!

:laugh3:

What do you mean Kobe couldn't win with those guys? They were 28-12 with all four in the lineup...

I think it's pretty obvious if Kobe was healthy the Lakers beat the Spurs easily and win the championship...Bad luck for the Lakers Kobe gets injured, otherwise they win the entire thing again...

Peace

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes 15 boards is good, but that's not what you want or rely upon from your SG. Kobe also had more FTA than the big 3 combined.

It's not generally relied upon, but it happened. And it was a significant contribution to the win. Just curious as to why you selectively left some numbers out. The free throws shouldn't surprise you if you watched the game. It happens when one team is attacking and the other is settling for jumpers. I will admit that being at Staples Center didn't hurt either.

Outlaw said that Kobe had the best numbers for the Finals and was the easy pick for Finals MVP. I guess I should have posted the advanced stats as a reply to his post since you said nothing about that......my bad.

I can see the argument for Pau. Pau averaged 18.5 PPG on 47.7% along with 11.6 RPG and about 4 APG. Kobe averaged 30 PPG on 40.4% along with 8 RPG and about 4 APG. Both shot below their average. I fail to see how Kobe wasn't deserving of the MVP award.

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not generally relied upon, but it happened. And it was a significant contribution to the win. Just curious as to why you selectively left some numbers out. The free throws shouldn't surprise you if you watched the game. It happens when one team is attacking and the other is settling for jumpers. I will admit that being at Staples Center didn't hurt either.

I can see the argument for Pau. Pau averaged 18.5 PPG on 47.7% along with 11.6 RPG and about 4 APG. Kobe averaged 30 PPG on 40.4% along with 8 RPG and about 4 APG. Both shot below their average. I fail to see how Kobe wasn't deserving of the MVP award.

He deserved the MVP, but Sman seems to think Kobe wont that championship alone and Gasol was a star that year.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you mean Kobe couldn't win with those guys? They were 28-12 with all four in the lineup...

I think it's pretty obvious if Kobe was healthy the Lakers beat the Spurs easily and win the championship...Bad luck for the Lakers Kobe gets injured, otherwise they win the entire thing again...

Peace

Nah...they would not of beaten the Spurs. No chance, they didn't gel.

Kobe better recruit another superstar or he prob wont even get to the playoffs

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Re: the bolded section: It's called finding a way to help your team win and it's what star athletes and MVP level players do!! His shot wasn't falling so he found another way to help the team win!!

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah...they would not of beaten the Spurs. No chance, they didn't gel.

Kobe better recruit another superstar or he prob wont even get to the playoffs

With everyone healthy, I think they could have beaten the Spurs. Not saying they would have, but they certainly would have had a better chance than with Kobe out!! I agree about the time to gel, they just never got that opportunity!!

It would have been interesting to see what they could have done if given the time to gel!!