• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Durant the Best Right now?

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not generally relied upon, but it happened. And it was a significant contribution to the win. Just curious as to why you selectively left some numbers out. The free throws shouldn't surprise you if you watched the game. It happens when one team is attacking and the other is settling for jumpers. I will admit that being at Staples Center didn't hurt either.

I can see the argument for Pau. Pau averaged 18.5 PPG on 47.7% along with 11.6 RPG and about 4 APG. Kobe averaged 30 PPG on 40.4% along with 8 RPG and about 4 APG. Both shot below their average. I fail to see how Kobe wasn't deserving of the MVP award.
28.6ppg to be exact on 23.3FGA

Pau plays a much "closer to basket game" and had to deal with KG, Big Baby and Sheed. Most of the time 2 of the 3. Without going back and watching it again, he probably had a tougher time getting good looks than what Kobe did, cause Kobe can get his own shot a lot of the time (or forces it when he doesn't)

When it's game 7 with the title on the line and you're in discussions in being a top 15 player of all time towards the end of your career, you want to show up. Too me, game 7 is worth like a game and half (for the good or bad) that the voters should take into consideration.

Awarding a player the Finals MVP after a performance like that just doesn't seem right....especially if you're a SG.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With everyone healthy, I think they could have beaten the Spurs. Not saying they would have, but they certainly would have had a better chance than with Kobe out!! I agree about the time to gel, they just never got that opportunity!!

It would have been interesting to see what they could have done if given the time to gel!!

Sorry trojanfan, I have to strongly disagree with you on this one. You can't tell me that a team that was on the verge of not making the playoffs had a legit shot at beating the Spurs. Sure, having Kobe would've definitely helped (it would've at least assured you that the Lakers weren't going to get swept.....well that's debatable as well...but I won't go there), but I seriously doubt that he would've been the difference between getting swept by the Spurs or winning the series.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kinda out of my element here but really good thread for debate....

1. LBJ
2. Kobe
3. Durant

...Lebron is mentally and physically dominate. The best in the league.

...I'm not sure how Kobe, who has 5 rings, and is nearly 40 years old has been forgotten about by the league.
They've kinda pushed him out and said thanks, Time for LeBron to be the "Best Ever"

...5+years and no rings. No doubt he's the best scorer we've seen in a while, but with no championships, he can't be considered the "best"

I saw CP3 mentioned...I'm not sure he's better than Rondo...also this guy can't even make it to the finals

ultimately just my opinions

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe didn't get pushed LBJ stole the show and 4 of the last mvps and Kobe despite having arguably his beat season wqa not as good as LBJ or Durant

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*4 of 5

Also discussion is right now so titles and awards do not count unless it was in 12-13 season. Neither do stats.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I am choosing curry as 3. Best postseason over Kobe and Durant

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I am choosing curry as 3. Best postseason over Kobe and Durant

If he can shake off that "no ankles" moniker then I'll endorse this statement. However, as much as I dislike Kobe, he's had a couple decent playoff performances here and there.

Sman2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry trojanfan, I have to strongly disagree with you on this one. You can't tell me that a team that was on the verge of not making the playoffs had a legit shot at beating the Spurs. Sure, having Kobe would've definitely helped (it would've at least assured you that the Lakers weren't going to get swept.....well that's debatable as well...but I won't go there), but I seriously doubt that he would've been the difference between getting swept by the Spurs or winning the series.

Are you fucking retarded or just pretending to be? Which is it? The Lakers were on the verge of missing the playoffs due to constant injuries all season....Right before Kobe went down, everyone was finally healthy. In fact, the stat was that the Lakers were 28-12 with all 4 on the court together....

Get your head out of your fucking ass...

And yes the Lakers would've beaten the Spurs if Kobe was healthy...Kobe always dominated the spurs in the playoffs, (unlike Lebron)...When kobe was 22 years old, Kobe avg'd 34 pts against the spurs in the playoffs leading to a sweep...Kobe is 4-1 against the Spurs as a starter...Wake up, bitch.

Sman2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My initial response was to Sman when I specially talked about game 7.

Yes 15 boards is good, but that's not what you want or rely upon from your SG. Kobe also had more FTA than the big 3 combined.

Outlaw said that Kobe had the best numbers for the Finals and was the easy pick for Finals MVP. I guess I should have posted the advanced stats as a reply to his post since you said nothing about that......my bad.

Doors are you fucking retarded? Or just pretending to be?....

"uh, Kobe also had more fts..." That's because Kobe is the best in the game at drawing fouls...

Sman2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
28.6ppg to be exact on 23.3FGA

Pau plays a much "closer to basket game" and had to deal with KG, Big Baby and Sheed. Most of the time 2 of the 3. Without going back and watching it again, he probably had a tougher time getting good looks than what Kobe did, cause Kobe can get his own shot a lot of the time (or forces it when he doesn't)

When it's game 7 with the title on the line and you're in discussions in being a top 15 player of all time towards the end of your career, you want to show up. Too me, game 7 is worth like a game and half (for the good or bad) that the voters should take into consideration.

Awarding a player the Finals MVP after a performance like that just doesn't seem right....especially if you're a SG.

Shut up, you fucking loser....It was a no-brainer, who was mvp...Gee, let's see should we give the Mvp to the guy that averaged 29 points a game or the guy who averaged 19 pts a game? Duh? Duh?

If anything Wade was mvp over Lebron this year. It was a lot closer than Gasol/kobe. Plus Wade didn't do everything imaginable to choke the season away in game 6 like Lebron did (2 airballs, 2 turnovers in the last minute)...But was SAVED by Ray Allen

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow Sman blew a top today. Must be hard trying so hard.

More on Curry, it is just right now. The last time we saw every the top players play Curry was immensely impressive...until the Spurs did their whole make him uncomfortable thing. He still played well though.

It may be a bit unrealistic to expect him to play lights out like that all season but if he can keep that going we may be talking about him in the top 5 or even 3 next year.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But Pau's performance wasn't that great either. 37.5% for a big man isn't good. The voters should have just ignored that?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you fucking retarded or just pretending to be? Which is it? The Lakers were on the verge of missing the playoffs due to constant injuries all season....Right before Kobe went down, everyone was finally healthy. In fact, the stat was that the Lakers were 28-12 with all 4 on the court together....

And yes the Lakers would've beaten the Spurs if Kobe was healthy...Kobe always dominated the spurs in the playoffs, (unlike Lebron)...When kobe was 22 years old, Kobe avg'd 34 pts against the spurs in the playoffs leading to a sweep...Kobe is 4-1 against the Spurs as a starter...Wake up, bitch.

He had Shaq. He ruined it when he had Dwight. He was jealous bc Dwight was getting most of the attention. Kobe is done, no more championships unless he recruits another superstar to take the weight off his shoulders AGAIN.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Shhh...I am trolling Sman. I am throwing some bs his way.

5181674333_ee132cc4b3.jpg

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm fucking retarded!?!?!?!?!?! You assholes were barely over .500 and the Spurs embarrassed the shit out of the Lakers. The point you made regarding the Lakers possibly missing the playoffs is the argument that I like many others brought forth. When you have an old team (Kobe, Pau and Nash), the likelihood of injuries is far greater. With that 28-12 record, I would like to know how many of those wins were against teams that were top echelon teams (OKC, Miami, Indiana, etc.).

Get my head out of my ass!?!?!! You've had your lips around Kobe's cock since you were born so go fuck yourself shit sipper.

Lebron won the title over the Spurs and is 1-1 against them all-time in the playoffs. It's hard to play them every single year in the playoffs considering Lebron's played in the East while the Spurs are in the West. You bring up a meaningless statistic about what Kobe did at 27. I couldn't possibly give any fucks regarding this. Kobe isn't 27, he's 34 and about to be 35. He's not that same player anymore. There have been other series where the Spurs have beaten the Lakers, but as always you fail to bring up that shit.

In short, go fuck yourself.

Regards,

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It depends on the reason that the team was on the verge of not making the playoffs. The reason that the Lakers were on the verge of not making it was the playoffs were the constant injury issues. By the time Kobe went down, they were healthier than they had been all season and were being called by many, one of the most dangerous 7th or 8th seeds in history. Once Kobe went down, so did their chances vs. San Antonio.

Didn't say that they WOULD have won, just that they had a shot at winning.