• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Durant the Best Right now?

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's true.

I'm offering an avatar bet right now that says they don't win the East next year. So far I see no takers. I guess maybe Lebron isn't as good as these like to think he is?

I will tell you something, though. If this was back in MJ's day, ALL of the Chicago fans would take me up on my offer in a heartbeat, without even thinking about it.

Lebron in no way compares with the dominance of MJ. Not even close and never will be. Lebron is not a dominant player. Period.

I'm not saying shit yet because I don't know what the landscape will look like come next year April. There's alot of games to be played and we don't know which players will be healthy. If Wade/Lebron are injured then I say the Heat are not going to win 3 in a row. It all depends on how healthy Wade is as well as other players from other teams. No one is going to take your bet right now. The season just ended a month ago.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So to sum up this thread:

Laker fans homer the fuck out of Kobe and hate on Lebron, when they're going to be sucking him off in about 11 months. Right now, Kobe doesn't even deserve to be in the same breathe as Lebron. He's old, chucks the fuck out of the ball, and is a liability on defense. Stop it.

Celtics fans hate on Lebron because they're in full tank mode and just want to hate hate hate.

Durant is the 2nd best player in the game, but he's nowhere near Lebron. In terms of scoring efficiency and shooting, Durant is better than Lebron... but there is no one in the game right now that has the same impact on every end of the floor as Lebron. He can your leading scorer, facilitator, shutdown defender, and chemistry guy all in one massively built package.

I realize you kids are hating... but just sit back and enjoy one of the 5 best basketball players to ever live.

applause-gif-tumblr-47_original.gif

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So to sum up this thread:

Laker fans homer the fuck out of Kobe and hate on Lebron, when they're going to be sucking him off in about 11 months. Right now, Kobe doesn't even deserve to be in the same breathe as Lebron. He's old, chucks the fuck out of the ball, and is a liability on defense. Stop it.

Celtics fans hate on Lebron because they're in full tank mode and just want to hate hate hate.

Durant is the 2nd best player in the game, but he's nowhere near Lebron. In terms of scoring efficiency and shooting, Durant is better than Lebron... but there is no one in the game right now that has the same impact on every end of the floor as Lebron. He can your leading scorer, facilitator, shutdown defender, and chemistry guy all in one massively built package.

I realize you kids are hating... but just sit back and enjoy one of the 5 best basketball players to ever live.

He has a long way to go to be worthy of that discussion. Can he get there? Absolutely. But he better keep winning. He's not near that discussion yet.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe has 5 championship titles and 7 trips to the finals and few more to the Western Conference finals. Lets see if Lebron can even match that before declaring him better then Kobe. Athletic wise he is in good shape, but a lot of the winning is about having the will and determination to win and a killer instinct. That takes a lot of grit that LJ has not yet demonstrated yet.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I do know one thing for sure - Aint no doubt the newest poster The Admiral was the one and only Sman - who has no been perma banned and all of his thread removed - ha ha ha ha ha ha

Well, I don't see either one of them denying it.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron is a very good player. However, he needs to be surrounded by numerous great players to win, because he's not the type of player that can dominate by himself....Especially in playoff time...

Lebron without multiple superstars = no rings, no finals games won....

Lebron with MUltiple superstars = a championship.

:10::agree:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a challenge for any of these LEBRON fans out there. If he is such a great leader and the greatest player, how about we have an avatar bet?

I say his team doesn't even win the Eastern Conference Finals next year, if they get there. Any takers?

Are you asking for the field or are you going to name the team that is going to beat them?

I'm confident if healthy we win the East, but as we know, anyone can get injured on any play

If you want to bet now, then I'll take the Heat and you can pick any other 2 teams.

SportsChic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nets will challenge the Heat, but will see who wins. You can LeBron said Peirce is his biggest rival? Should be interesting as I project it as the east finals. Pacers and Bulls will be tough too. Semi finals and on next season in the NBA playoffs will be must watch.

Pacers > Bulls

Bulls will be a six seed as they are not doing nothing in FA signings.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Who surrounding him last year in the playoffs was playing at anything near superstar level?
Bosh/Wade weren't even playing at an all star level.

The difference maker in the ECF and Finals was James.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe has 5 championship titles and 7 trips to the finals and few more to the Western Conference finals. Lets see if Lebron can even match that before declaring him better then Kobe. Athletic wise he is in good shape, but a lot of the winning is about having the will and determination to win and a killer instinct. That takes a lot of grit that LJ has not yet demonstrated yet.

Did you not watch the NBA the last two years? Did you not see the game 6 in boston down 3-2 last year? or the game 7? The 2012 Miami Heat are the only team to win an NBA finals after being down in 3 different playoff series. I guess that's not grit to you.

Did you watch the playoffs this year? Game 7 ECF? Game 7 NBA finals? You catch any of this? I dont think you did otherwise you would not have made such a moronic statement. I will update you...

Lebron has gone back to back with league MVPs, Finals MVPs, and Championships. But I guess putting up numbers like 45/15/5 on the road facing elimination isnt a gritty performance.

Go home True Lakers Fan, youre drunk

Sman2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you not watch the NBA the last two years? Did you not see the game 6 in boston down 3-2 last year? or the game 7? The 2012 Miami Heat are the only team to win an NBA finals after being down in 3 different playoff series. I guess that's not grit to you.

Did you watch the playoffs this year? Game 7 ECF? Game 7 NBA finals? You catch any of this? I dont think you did otherwise you would not have made such a moronic statement. I will update you...

Lebron has gone back to back with league MVPs, Finals MVPs, and Championships. But I guess putting up numbers like 45/15/5 on the road facing elimination isnt a gritty performance.

Go home True Lakers Fan, youre drunk

Did you watch game 6 of the finals this year, with Lebron doing everything possible to cost the team the championship with his multiple airballs and turnovers at the end of the game? Lebron WAS SAVED by Ray Allen and bailed out from being a choker again..

Last year Durant outplayed Lebron in the finals, but Lebron again was SAVED by his teammates outplaying Durant's teammates....

Lebron is lucky to play on a team LOADED with Superstars and great role players...

Otherwise Lebron would still be ringless...

Until lebron wins a few rings without Wade, bosh, Ray Allen, no ONE's IMPRESSED..

Sorry but that's the truth. Lebron has to show that he can be a closer and not always disappear in big games like he's done his entire career.

Peace!!

Sman2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who surrounding him last year in the playoffs was playing at anything near superstar level?
Bosh/Wade weren't even playing at an all star level.

The difference maker in the ECF and Finals was James.

You have a distorted memory....I guess you forgot the game Wade won the series by dominating game 4, scoring 34 pts and giving Mia the win in S.A...

Lebron started almost every game in the finals out 2-12....

Again Lebron was bailed out and Saved by Ray Allen, Bosh, and Wade...Not to mention Battier going 6 for 6 from the 3 point line to start game 7 of the finals...Or Miller going 5 for 5 from the 3 pt line in game 2...

Or you forget Anderson not missing a shot, in the Indiana series...

Or you forgot Chalmers 21 points in game 2....

In your Memory Lebron averaged 45 a game for the Western Conference Finals and Finals and carried his worthless teammates to a championship....

Reality....Lebron averaged 25 pts in the finals on 44 pct shooting...Wade averaged 21 pts on 46 pct shooting...

Deal with Reality..

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you watch game 6 of the finals this year, with Lebron doing everything possible to cost the team the championship with his multiple airballs and turnovers at the end of the game? Lebron WAS SAVED by Ray Allen and bailed out from being a choker again..

Last year Durant outplayed Lebron in the finals, but Lebron again was SAVED by his teammates outplaying Durant's teammates....

Lebron is lucky to play on a team LOADED with Superstars and great role players...

Otherwise Lebron would still be ringless...

Until lebron wins a few rings without Wade, bosh, Ray Allen, no ONE's IMPRESSED..

Sorry but that's the truth. Lebron has to show that he can be a closer and not always disappear in big games like he's done his entire career.

Peace!!

Yawn. Lebron had a triple double in game 6.. scored 18 points in the 4th quarter and OT.. and was a choker. I get it. It makes total sense if you dont think about it.

Of course people help lebron win a title.. it's a team game, this isnt golf. Im not impressed with jordan because he always had pippen. im also not impressed with magic or bird.. those 80s celtics/laker teams were loaded with hall of famers. youre a freaking clown.