• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Durant the Best Right now?

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nets will challenge the Heat, but will see who wins. You can LeBron said Peirce is his biggest rival? Should be interesting as I project it as the east finals. Pacers and Bulls will be tough too. Semi finals and on next season in the NBA playoffs will be must watch.

You're skirting my offer. You aren't confident enough in Lebron's leadership to take Miami going all the way to the Finals?

Maybe he isn't as good as you think he is. Makes you wonder about that, doesn't it? Stats don't always tell the story, man. You need to learn that now before you get old and laughed at. (Not saying I'm laughing at you here because I'm not. That's not what I'm saying.)

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If pop doesn't act like an idiot and bench Duncan in the most critical minute of the Spurs history, they Spurs win regaurdless of what anyone does on the heat.

Centers and Pf's are there for rebounds. Rebounds go to the opponents when you sit your Center and PF down.

You can't say that if Duncan was in there that SA would have won because you don't know. You can say they would have had a much better chance but that's all you can say.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then Duncan, Parker and Leonard owned them aswell.... the only reason the cheat barely got lucky is because of popovich being an idiot.

If so then Pop was an idiot at the worst time in his career.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami had ZERO chance to win with out those two lucky offensive rebounds when Duncan happened to sit down.

Lucky? C'mon, man, you have to give credit where it is due. The Heat got those rebounds because they outhustled and outmanned the Spurs. I didn't see any "luck" at all.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lebron with out his lucky threes and streaky three point shooter would only be about a 22 ppg a game guy if that.

It's really his best asset. sad right

Not following you here. Lebron is a great player, I was just arguing that he isn't the best player in the NBA right now or a team leader.

This aint my argument. So I'm out of it.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami is a GREAT TEAM..... which is why you don't pull your Greatest player in the final minute.

Duncan had them right where he wanted them, he's beaten better.

But pop pulls a holinger stunt. sit the center because the rebounds mean nothing in the final 30 seconds of a tie ball game...

Bull Rebounds are the most important stat in basketball... that and FG%.... along with team passing.

Like I said, this aint my argument. I couldn't care less about what you just posted.

Miami did win the thing outright, there is no denying that fact. I simply was pointing out that the other Miami players contributed significantly to that win and it wasn't all Lebron.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who would you rather have to lock down on the BOARDS in a tie game with 30 seconds left..

5'11 Tony Parker who averages about 2 defensive rebounds per game and only the ones that come right to him.

Or Tim Duncan who averages nearly 10 defensive rebounds per game and rises to the occasion for important traffic rebounds, because of his positioning ability, long arms, hands, and height.

Well, that's a tough question. Most "situational What Ifs" are tough questions.

Who are the other guys on the floor besides Parker?

Sman2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's true.

I'm offering an avatar bet right now that says they don't win the East next year. So far I see no takers. I guess maybe Lebron isn't as good as these like to think he is?

I will tell you something, though. If this was back in MJ's day, ALL of the Chicago fans would take me up on my offer in a heartbeat, without even thinking about it.

Lebron in no way compares with the dominance of MJ. Not even close and never will be. Lebron is not a dominant player. Period.

Lebron is a very good player. However, he needs to be surrounded by numerous great players to win, because he's not the type of player that can dominate by himself....Especially in playoff time...

Lebron without multiple superstars = no rings, no finals games won....

Lebron with MUltiple superstars = a championship.

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron is a very good player. However, he needs to be surrounded by numerous great players to win, because he's not the type of player that can dominate by himself....Especially in playoff time...

Lebron without multiple superstars = no rings, no finals games won....

Lebron with MUltiple superstars = a championship.

Haha Sman when did Kobe win without a star next to him? Remember when it was just Kobe, how did that go?

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a whole lot of trolling going on in this thread.

Sman2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha Sman when did Kobe win without a star next to him? Remember when it was just Kobe, how did that go?

What are you talking about? Kobe went to 3 finals and won 2 rings without a superstar. Gasol in 7 years before joining the Lakers had made 1 allstar game, and had never won a playoff game....Kobe made Gasol a way better player....

...In fact, Gasol still has never won a single playoff game without Kobe...Wade, and Ray Allen won championships without Leborn...

...Don't get me wrong I'm not saying Lebron isn't a really good player. He's just not a winner, unless he is surrounded by a team of Superstars...

History supports what Im saying....

Peace!!

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I do know one thing for sure - Aint no doubt the newest poster The Admiral was the one and only Sman - who has no been perma banned and all of his thread removed - ha ha ha ha ha ha

SoPortland

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So to sum up this thread:

Laker fans homer the fuck out of Kobe and hate on Lebron, when they're going to be sucking him off in about 11 months. Right now, Kobe doesn't even deserve to be in the same breathe as Lebron. He's old, chucks the fuck out of the ball, and is a liability on defense. Stop it.

Celtics fans hate on Lebron because they're in full tank mode and just want to hate hate hate.

Durant is the 2nd best player in the game, but he's nowhere near Lebron. In terms of scoring efficiency and shooting, Durant is better than Lebron... but there is no one in the game right now that has the same impact on every end of the floor as Lebron. He can your leading scorer, facilitator, shutdown defender, and chemistry guy all in one massively built package.

I realize you kids are hating... but just sit back and enjoy one of the 5 best basketball players to ever live.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it weren't for Ray Allen coming through big time in the clutch you guys can kiss that NBA title bye-bye. Lebron and the Heat dominated nothing and were lucky to win the thing, really.

No title team has ever had an perfect path to the title....well the 2000 or 2001 (too lazy to look it up) Lakers went 16-1....but that's a different story. You keep mentioning Ray Allen's shot and the Heat being saved. Let me ask you a question - did the Heat win the title or not? Who won game 7 of the Finals? Who held up the trophy at the end of the season? It doesn't matter how you won the title, as long as you won it.