• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Internship Over for Kaepernick?

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either way guys its gonna be a comepetition, lets not forget about Tolzien here. They all have a shot. Who is gonna bring there game is the question.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either way guys its gonna be a comepetition, lets not forget about Tolzien here. They all have a shot. Who is gonna bring there game is the question.

If there's a QB competition there's a QB controversy.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there's a QB competition there's a QB controversy.

I see what your saying, but there is competition at every position. Thats the way harbaugh wants it, whether its really true or not.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not true.

You dont think Harbaugh tells every guy on that team from day 1 that they need to compete for a starting role? Whether its a UDFA vs Willis, J. Smith, etc...

Like i said we all know its not true but there def is some competition and of course the key guys will win and start, but competition in practice and training camp make the team better.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You dont think Harbaugh tells every guy on that team from day 1 that they need to compete for a starting role? Whether its a UDFA vs Willis, J. Smith, etc...

Like i said we all know its not true but there def is some competition and of course the key guys will win and start, but competition in practice and training camp make the team better.

What Harbaugh tells his guys in private doesn't matter. How competing with Willis/Bowman to start inside on defense? Who's competing with Justin Smith to start at RDE? These guys are guaranteed starting position.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What Harbaugh tells his guys in private doesn't matter. How competing with Willis/Bowman to start inside on defense? Who's competing with Justin Smith to start at RDE? These guys are guaranteed starting position.

Every guy on the team at that said position is competing with them. Of course those guys will start but its still a competition, so i guess if your a new UDFA you might as well just not even try and compete then huh? Just quit football while your at it then too?

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every guy on the team at that said position is competing with them. Of course those guys will start but its still a competition, so i guess if your a new UDFA you might as well just not even try and compete then huh? Just quit football while your at it then too?

Lol, nice try.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saying there is always a competition, whether the chances are slim to none.

Obviously. But that's not what we're talking about here. You know that, so stop trying to make a point from nothing.

You said that the QB controversy is media spawned. Now you're backtracking.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously. But that's not what we're talking about here. You know that, so stop trying to make a point from nothing.

Backtracking? My point was the competition is evident in any position, which the QB postition falls under. What was I backtracking from? Im not here chosing one guy over the other.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad there is competition even though I think Alex has the inside track. Hopefully, it will push Alex even harder. I would like to see him throw at least 25 TD's this coming season.

iHATEdodgers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No he didn't in fact he isn't backtracking from anything. That was me except I didn't say "spawned" I said stoked and then induced - which isn't the same thing.

hockey's point is that there is competition which does not equate to controversy. I agree.

I think what Harbaugh was saying after the Championship game is that no one - including Smith - is being handed anything. Meaning if Smith thinks he can just waltz in next season and the job his his no matter his attitude or play that's not the case. I doubt Harbaugh is expecting anything of the sort from Smith, but it doesn't hurt to keep him fired up and on his toes and ready to fight.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Backtracking? My point was the competition is evident in any position, which the QB postition falls under. What was I backtracking from? Im not here chosing one guy over the other.

You think Willis is looking at the same competition from whoever his backup is gonna be next season the same way that Alex is looking at Kap? You think our ILB position is as open as our QB position?

You made the point that Alex Smith is a starter and this "QB controversy" is media spawned. I disagreed, saying that QB competition = QB controversy. And then you agreed. That means you backtracked.

Last edited by a moderator:

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No he didn't in fact he isn't backtracking from anything. That was me except I didn't say "spawned" I said stoked and then induced - which isn't the same thing.

hockey's point is that there is competition which does not equate to controversy. I agree.

I think what Harbaugh was saying after the Championship game is that no one - including Smith - is being handed anything. Meaning if Smith thinks he can just waltz in next season and the job his his no matter his attitude or play that's not the case. I doubt Harbaugh is expecting anything of the sort from Smith, but it doesn't hurt to keep him fired up and on his toes and ready to fight.

Except hockey eventually agreed that competition at the QB position = controversy.

Is there a QB competition with the Giants? Saints? Packers?

iHATEdodgers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think Willis is looking at the same competition from whoever his backup is gonna be next season the same way that Alex is looking at Kap? You think our ILB position is as open as our QB position?

You made the point that Alex Smith is a starter and this "QB controversy" is media spawned. I disagreed, saying that QB competition = QB controversy. And then you agreed. That means you backtracked.

Where the hell did hockey even mention the media or the word spawned? I must be missing some posts - or somebody here is confused.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Except hockey eventually agreed that competition at the QB position = controversy.

Is there a QB competition with the Giants? Saints? Packers?

There's a QB competition in Carolina, San Diego, Cinci, Chicago, and Detroit too.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where the hell did hockey even mention the media or the word spawned? I must be missing some posts - or somebody here is confused.

You said it was a "media induced" QB controversy. I thought we had already established that I had you two confused about four posts back.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Todd McShay and Mel Kiper Jr. kick off another season as they prepare for the NFL draft in April:

First Draft: 2/8 - ESPN