• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Internship Over for Kaepernick?

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually you cannot say "3 maybe even 4 of his 5 INTs were not entirely his fault" about all (or most, or even some) QBs.

Okay, so which 3 or 4 of his INTs are not his fault?

And if you can please give a link to the article where you lead it was the 3rd lowest INT rate ever. I'm genuinely interested.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Actually you cannot say "3 maybe even 4 of his 5 INTs were not entirely his fault" about all (or most, or even some) QBs.

Good point...most QB's probably aren't responsible for 3 or 4 INTs but when bounced against only 5 total, that is fairly amazing...

iHATEdodgers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And if you can please give a link to the article where you lead it was the 3rd lowest INT rate ever. I'm genuinely interested.

I didn't say 3 or 4 weren't his fault. MW did. (The only one I absolutely recall that wasn't his fault is the one Ginn let bounce off his noggin. The one I remember that was distinctly his fault is the redzone INT (versus the Rams?).) I don't remember the other 3 off hand. - The point I was making was the point I made - 3 or 4 out of 5 - It's pretty exceptional that one could say that at all I think.

I just looked for the article over on sfgate (I'm pretty sure that's where I read it either today or yesterday) but I didn't see it... I'll try to find it - but it was just one of the notes at the end of the article no the meat of the article.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I didn't say 3 or 4 weren't his fault. MW did. (The only one I absolutely recall that wasn't his fault is the one Ginn let bounce off his noggin. The one I remember that was distinctly his fault is the redzone INT (versus the Rams?).) I don't remember the other 3 off hand. - The point I was making was the point I made - 3 or 4 out of 5 - It's pretty exceptional that one could say that at all I think.

I just looked for the article over on sfgate (I'm pretty sure that's where I read it either today or yesterday) but I didn't see it... I'll try to find it - but it was just one of the notes at the end of the article no the meat of the article.

Here are Smiths INT's

The 1st INT was a bad route by Davis vs. DAL
The 2nd INT was the one to Crabtree vs. DET - another bad route?
The 3rd INT was Ginns vs. NYG
The 4th INT was the linebacker coming underneath Crabtree in the end zone vs. ARI
The 5th INT was Edwards pathetic effort vs. BAL

iHATEdodgers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sorry I couldn't find that article but I found this:

NFL Single-Season Pass Interception % Leaders - Pro-Football-Reference.com

1. Damon Huard (33) 0.4% 2006 KAN
2. Tom Brady (33) 0.8% 2010 NWE
3. Steve DeBerg (36) 0.9% 1990 KAN
David Garrard (29) 0.9% 2007 JAX
5. Alex Smith (27) 1.1% 2011 SFO

Huard shouldn't be on that list only 225 PAs 8 starts
Deberg what a season in 90 - 23 TD 4 INT wow! 4.1% career INT rate though is meh.
Garrard only started 12 games in 07 325 PAs (borderline if he should be on the list) but 18 TD 3 INT is pretty impressive.

So yeah 1.1% very damn good.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sorry I couldn't find that article but I found this:

NFL Single-Season Pass Interception % Leaders - Pro-Football-Reference.com

1. Damon Huard (33) 0.4% 2006 KAN
2. Tom Brady (33) 0.8% 2010 NWE
3. Steve DeBerg (36) 0.9% 1990 KAN
David Garrard (29) 0.9% 2007 JAX
5. Alex Smith (27) 1.1% 2011 SFO

Huard shouldn't be on that list only 225 PAs 8 starts
Deberg what a season in 90 - 23 TD 4 INT wow! 4.1% career INT rate though is meh.
Garrard only started 12 games in 07 325 PAs (borderline if he should be on the list) but 18 TD 3 INT is pretty impressive.

So yeah 1.1% very damn good.

Yeah it is...

iHATEdodgers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are Smiths INT's

The 1st INT was a bad route by Davis vs. DAL
The 2nd INT was the one to Crabtree vs. DET - another bad route?
The 3rd INT was Ginns vs. NYG
The 4th INT was the linebacker coming underneath Crabtree in the end zone vs. ARI
The 5th INT was Edwards pathetic effort vs. BAL

Yeah that 5th one was bad on Edwards. I can picture the one vs. Dallass I'd say mostly not Smith's fault. That one against Detroit I think was on Alex he kind of hippity hopped and sailed that one under pressure.

Anyway wow only 5 picks all year.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He threw a pretty shitty one vs the Giants I think.... the first time we played them. It looked like he was gonna float it into the endzone as he was running out of the pocket, had a guy open but put nothing on it. One of those where its a pretty easy play so you go waaay to easy on it.

iHATEdodgers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He threw a pretty shitty one vs the Giants I think.... the first time we played them. It looked like he was gonna float it into the endzone as he was running out of the pocket, had a guy open but put nothing on it. One of those where its a pretty easy play so you go waaay to easy on it.

Wasn't that against Arizona? The one against the Giants was the one off Ginn's noggin.

But yes that endzone one was shitty. So there it is 1 shitty interception all year - that is amazing.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

You just described his Arizona INT perfectly...That is the one that I attribute 100% to Smith...Good memory, Tall!

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah that 5th one was bad on Edwards. I can picture the one vs. Dallass I'd say mostly not Smith's fault. That one against Detroit I think was on Alex he kind of hippity hopped and sailed that one under pressure.

Anyway wow only 5 picks all year.

Yeah, Edwards made absolutely zero effort to adjust or defend - pathetic.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't that against Arizona? The one against the Giants was the one off Ginn's noggin.

But yes that endzone one was shitty. So there it is 1 shitty interception all year - that is amazing.

You just described his Arizona INT perfectly...That is the one that I attribute 100% to Smith...Good memory, Tall!

Yeah, that was Arizona. I knew it was right around that time though. Man, that was a frustrating game.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that was Arizona. I knew it was right around that time though. Man, that was a frustrating game.

Just to clarify though. The Arizona INT was the game we won. The game we lost Alex had a rushing TD, no passing TDs, no INTs, no fumbles, and a loss (obviously).

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's where we differ. I don't think Kap would be that much of a down step from Alex. Let's agree to disagree.

the problem is risk. we have no idea what we would be walking into with an unproven starter.

iHATEdodgers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3