• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Internship Over for Kaepernick?

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont want any of this to be taken as i think Willis or J. smith are gonna be beat out because i dont see it happening. But like me and Ihatedodgers are just trying to say, there is and always wil be competition at any spot no matter what. Its the nature of the game and helps make this team better.

Im not crazy ya know

After seeing Al Trautwig, all ranger fans are crazy :typing:

:caked:

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
You guys are being very loose with the definition of competition. Larry Grant is not competing with Patrick Willis for the starting ILB spot. Delanie Walker is not competing with Vernond Davis for TE1 (Justin Peele definitely isn't.

If a high school basketball team were to play an NBA team in a game, technically, it would be a competition. Do you think LeBron would consider a high school team to be a competition for the Heat?

iHATEdodgers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are being very loose with the definition of competition. Larry Grant is not competing with Patrick Willis for the starting ILB spot. Delanie Walker is not competing with Vernond Davis for TE1 (Justin Peele definitely isn't.

If a high school basketball team were to play an NBA team in a game, technically, it would be a competition. Do you think LeBron would consider a high school team to be a competition for the Heat?

We talkin regular season or playoffs?

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well a high school team could beat the hornets

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are competing with their backups. Everyone is to a certain extent. Yes it is 99.9% likely that most/all of the starters are going to retain their status - because most of our starters are really good. But say Bowman shows up next training camp out of shape and acting like he's already arrived and Larry Grant is killing it... Harbaugh doesn't seem like one to go all Bochy and stick with his veterans - at least not for long. So in the gotta keep these guys hungry sense there's competition - that's the way I read Harbaugh.

Is anybody going to out-compete the starters we currently have? Not likely. But there will be competition.

That's ridiculous. Is Larry Grant coming into camp to compete for a starting ILB position? No. He's competing for the backup and a special teams role. You're using the term competition too loosely. Of course there's always gonna be a semblance of a competition, but it's not "open competition". There's absolutely no way he's starting at ILB no matter how well he performs in camp.

Is Tom Brady competing for a starting position?

Southern9er

Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That's ridiculous. Is Larry Grant coming into camp to compete for a starting ILB position? No. He's competing for the backup and a special teams role. You're using the term competition too loosely. Of course there's always gonna be a semblance of a competition, but it's not "open competition". There's absolutely no way he's starting at ILB no matter how well he performs in camp

Wow...just wow...injuries don't happen and starting players keep their positions forever. :L: So he would not start if he outperforms Willis? Now before you go off sideways, I'm not arguing that at all.

What you are arguing is the likelihood that a backup could beat out a starter, but there is a process where starters get replaced due to performance.

Last edited by a moderator:

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hearing obtuse reminds me of shawshank redemption lol. Cant get the real movie so family guy will do.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did everyone forget that Vic Fangio said every position was open, except for Justin Smith's and Patrick Willis'??

Well, I was pretty sure it was Fangio... someone said it...

iHATEdodgers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's ridiculous. Is Larry Grant coming into camp to compete for a starting ILB position? No. He's competing for the backup and a special teams role. You're using the term competition too loosely. Of course there's always gonna be a semblance of a competition, but it's not "open competition". There's absolutely no way he's starting at ILB no matter how well he performs in camp.

Does Tom Brady play for the Niners? We were talking Harbaugh and what he has said regarding competition on his team.