• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Indians @ M's: 13th Thru 16th

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Torrens bat makes me miss Zuninos bat and that’s sayin something.
As soon as he walked to the plate I told my wife it was over, the rally was coming to an end.
We traded Zunino for Mallex smith. Gross
We traded Narvaez for nothing just so we could pocket a little more money. Double gross. Would love to have either

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well..ya need 2 catchers...and right now..murphy is not hitting as well...as he can
torrens is hitting about as well as he can...for now...if he does..this year and next..we/they(the mariners)..will hope..that he hits 230..to..250
very good for a backup catcher
the next guys in line are

José Godoy27..if the mariners had a problem..at catcher..they would put him on the 40 man..and he would be the backup
Cal Raleigh29.........is not ready...for mlb.....but he is ready..for AAA...and sometimes it takes a couple years..for a catcher..at AAA..so be patient
arkansas
Josh Morgan4......mariners would like...it if he could break out ..and romp his way to tacoma...does not seem like he will ...just right now
everett
CarterBins...is doeing well..and hitting good at that lvl..for a catcher
JakeAnchia..is zunino..but cant hit as well...so they will prob move him up with bins...prob next year..to AA
modesto
Matt Scheffler14...is doing well..at modesto...hitting well....right now
Ty Duvall48..............is just now starting to heat up..with 2 hits in the last game...modesto..is 6-3..not bad
so that is where the mariners are with there catching..
and it is an improvement..over where they were..if they can keep it going in the up coming draft

prob is they need
2 catchers for next years modesto...
and a HS catcher for AZL..and an international guy..they can sign..in january
Yeah it was a little tongue and cheek. I just thought I had already seen the worst Mariners catching duo when I suffered through the Montero/Olivo debacle but this is giving me terrible flashbacks. It’s a shame Murphy isn’t doing anything. Because being able to trade him at the deadline would have given Raleigh an ideal amount of time down there to come up. But things never work out like that for this franchise

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it was inevitable .... the Seattle Mariners are in sole possession of the cellar in all of MLB ( 30 teams ) with a whopping .201 team batting avg.

Who woulda' thought?

Never watched a minute of last nights game Read the box score. Hopefully Gilbert progresses into a useful SP and Kelenic rakes the ball in the show just as he has done everywhere else up to this point.

Unsure if the 2 bombs Gilbert served up were fastball cookies or if the batter sat back on an off speed pitch. New callups are so afraid of getting labeled as a pitcher who serves up too many bob's they will mistakenly tube shot fastballs in an effort to get ahead in the count. Does not work near as well in the bigs as it does in the minors. Big league hitters will turn around a mistake fastball over the heart of the plate all day long.

Plus side: 2 kids living their dream and now getting big league experience.

Down side: 2 kids languishing on the roster of a mis-managed and pretty crappy team.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it was inevitable .... the Seattle Mariners are in sole possession of the cellar in all of MLB ( 30 teams ) with a whopping .201 team batting avg.

Who woulda' thought?

Never watched a minute of last nights game Read the box score. Hopefully Gilbert progresses into a useful SP and Kelenic rakes the ball in the show just as he has done everywhere else up to this point.

Unsure if the 2 bombs Gilbert served up were fastball cookies or if the batter sat back on an off speed pitch. New callups are so afraid of getting labeled as a pitcher who serves up too many bob's they will mistakenly tube shot fastballs in an effort to get ahead in the count. Does not work near as well in the bigs as it does in the minors. Big league hitters will turn around a mistake fastball over the heart of the plate all day long.

Down side: 2 kids languishing on the roster of a mis-managed and pretty crappy team.
The home run came after Gilbert threw 12 consecutive fastballs to start his career. He then threw the a guy a curve down the middle for a strike and then a slider per Blowers that was up and over the plate for a dead center home run. 12 straight fast balls then 2 straight off speed pitches. Who calls that? Ug! The kid was super nervous looking, but his arm is legit. He just needs better catcher and better location n his pitches. Everything up tends to fly far away. He will get better unless he gets Marinered along the way.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And here is another opinion on the one knee down catching

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The good news is that we are 4.5 games out of the first pick. So you say there is still a chance??? I had my drafts wrong so not sure who will be the top target next year but a top pick never hurts.

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The home run came after Gilbert threw 12 consecutive fastballs to start his career. He then threw the a guy a curve down the middle for a strike and then a slider per Blowers that was up and over the plate for a dead center home run. 12 straight fast balls then 2 straight off speed pitches. Who calls that? Ug! The kid was super nervous looking, but his arm is legit. He just needs better catcher and better location n his pitches. Everything up tends to fly far away. He will get better unless he gets Marinered along the way.

Yea that is wrong on so many levels. ( a dozen straight heaters )

1 man in all of MLB ( Mariana Rivera ) made a living off of throwing nothing but fastballs ( a cutter ). Unlikely we ever see another pitcher do the same throughout a career.

A pitchers sole objective is to throw deceptive baseballs as near the plate as possible, without catching too much of the plate and throw those pitches at various speeds - and locations to mess up the hitters timing.

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The good news is that we are 4.5 games out of the first pick. So you say there is still a chance??? I had my drafts wrong so not sure who will be the top target next year but a top pick never hurts.
Yeah, we have had a knack in the past for tanking for the first pick, especially this early in the season...

Just surprisingly always had competition for it.

AceKeptic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So much for prospect hype.

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Who woulda' thought?

Gilbert had a terribly inexperienced poor catcher (I hold Servais accountable for that) and you would think a pitching coach would share some knowleged to a rookie pitcher making his MLB debut about not over using his fast ball in his first outing. Typical Mariners leaderhip IMO.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you didn't get enough of Torrens last night, good news you get to see more of him tonight!!!!!

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you didn't get enough of Torrens last night, good news you get to see more of him tonight!!!!!

Who's pitching? Maybe we can DH for Torrens instead?

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So much for prospect hype.
I didn't expect much from him last night with nerves and all the pressure behind it. I think he will be fine in the end, but damn it at least surround him with a professional catcher. I mean surrounding him with a professional team is asking way too much in Seattle.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who's pitching? Maybe we can DH for Torrens instead?
The bad news for Torrens is that even the Kraken can't use him at goalie with that hole he has in the 5-hole.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

AceKeptic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said it before and I will say it again....you (AceKeptic) have the BEST avatar around. :thumb: :10:
Thanks. We know the statement's been made for a few years now, but it's becoming more of a need.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The hype machine is in full force

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00