• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Indians @ M's: 13th Thru 16th

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awesome... the two prospects that got called up is participating in a game where they're being no-hit.
they just got a hr by moore after crawford..got a hit so it is 4-2..cleveland

well its up to the heart of the order for the mariners to tie..or just win it

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they just got a hr by moore after crawford..got a hit so it is 4-2..cleveland

well its up to the heart of the order for the mariners to tie..or just win it
Nothing better than a good jinx!
Let see if they can win it now.

With Crawford's speed at 1B, he should score if it's hit into the gap somewhere. Come on.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah..torrens up..bases loaded..from walks

ahh well
i would not want to do that twice..if i was cleveland

oohh well..mariners lose to clev;eland..4-2

lose 5 strait...and 7 of last 10

Last edited:

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GG. Shaw completely overmatched Torrens.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gilbert needed a better catcher behind the plate for his first start.
That was my first comment at home when I saw the lineup. Why the hell do you put that POS behind the plate with your top arm prospect? Then you let him bat in the 9th? Oh well.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure I understand Marmos spot on the roster if he’s not hitting for Torrens there. However I also don’t understand Torrens spot on the roster so I must just not get it.
Thank you. No way he should be hitting...or playing...ever.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hurt? Trade bait in May?

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My first impressions on the two kids:

Gilbert: Throws hard, somewhat accurate, his strikes missed very few bats. Needs to use bottom part of strike zone.

Kelenic: May walk less than Dee Gordon...but hey you don't get to The Hall by walking.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure I understand Marmos spot on the roster if he’s not hitting for Torrens there. However I also don’t understand Torrens spot on the roster so I must just not get it.
Torrens bat makes me miss Zuninos bat and that’s sayin something.
As soon as he walked to the plate I told my wife it was over, the rally was coming to an end.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hurt? Trade bait in May?

Hmmm, Servais mismanaging the bullpen……what a shocker.

He should have been in during the Dodgers meltdown and we likely win that game.

I like Scott, but he’s gotta go after this year.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well..ya need 2 catchers...and right now..murphy is not hitting as well...as he can
torrens is hitting about as well as he can...for now...if he does..this year and next..we/they(the mariners)..will hope..that he hits 230..to..250
very good for a backup catcher
the next guys in line are

José Godoy27..if the mariners had a problem..at catcher..they would put him on the 40 man..and he would be the backup
Cal Raleigh29.........is not ready...for mlb.....but he is ready..for AAA...and sometimes it takes a couple years..for a catcher..at AAA..so be patient
arkansas
Josh Morgan4......mariners would like...it if he could break out ..and romp his way to tacoma...does not seem like he will ...just right now
everett
CarterBins...is doeing well..and hitting good at that lvl..for a catcher
JakeAnchia..is zunino..but cant hit as well...so they will prob move him up with bins...prob next year..to AA
modesto
Matt Scheffler14...is doing well..at modesto...hitting well....right now
Ty Duvall48..............is just now starting to heat up..with 2 hits in the last game...modesto..is 6-3..not bad
so that is where the mariners are with there catching..
and it is an improvement..over where they were..if they can keep it going in the up coming draft

prob is they need
2 catchers for next years modesto...
and a HS catcher for AZL..and an international guy..they can sign..in january

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
drafting a HS catcher for azl,,may not be as easy...as it may seems...cuz..ya want the guy ..to be bilingual..english..and spanish
with at least..a 3.5..GPA...and a good baseball head..and instincts..good arm...good with pitchers...well..you know..ya want the best catcher you can git
so that is a tall..order...
and a big FAT...want..lol

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My first impressions on the two kids:

Gilbert: Throws hard, somewhat accurate, his strikes missed very few bats. Needs to use bottom part of strike zone.

Kelenic: May walk less than Dee Gordon...but hey you don't get to The Hall by walking.
kelenic..is ready..for his 1st try..at mlb...and he may be a leadoff later...but he is not one right now...imo
he needs to bat 2 guys behind seager..until he starts catching on..........also.....imo

gilbert...will have to learn...on the fly...some things...that..he would have learned at tacoma..this year...but the mariners...in the end...really had no choice
they were out of pitchers....and he was the next guy in line...
the good thing is ...he has good stuff....can learn fast...cuz..it is on the job...crash coarse...

Last edited:

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasnt really the best debut but hey they are still rookies and it will take some time to figure things out. I believe they will have everything set after they get a little wet behind the ears.

kcden

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,680.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just caught up. Damn Kelenic is going to be frustrated when he looks at his first pitch. Gilbert needed a better catcher behind the plate for his first start. No fucking way should a rookie pitcher be shaking off so many pitches.

But can Kelenic’s girlfriend come to every game?
I watched on-and-off early in the game and really know nothing about Torrens as a Catcher, but I thought the same thing, with as little as I saw. Gilbert struck a batter out in like the 4th on a pitch in the dirt and Torrens' attempt to block it would have embarrassed a little league catcher (and allowed the runner on). If anyone watched the end of the Sounders game on Wednesday, he looked about as comfortable as Alex Roldan needing to play keeper the last 4 minutes of the game.