• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

i'm all for trading wentz now

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i thought this was insane after last year, but this isn't last year. if we're going to stick with pederson and this type of offensive scheme, then foles can clearly get the job done.

i love wentz and his potential, but the reality is he's already experienced several injuries and is going to command a huge contract. why pay that money when you can have a cheaper foles instead? when you can trade wentz and get some value back?

even though i dislike him, if we could get ramsey and a 1st from the jags for wentz and a future 3rd or something.. that would be a HUGE play for the eagles for these upcoming future years. it will never be a question of who is better individually, it's all about what benefits the team.

foles is only 4 years older than wentz. at this point i think we're better off getting picks/players for wentz and investing that saved money elsewhere. the difference betweeen foles and wentz will not be worth the investment in carson.

in the end it keeps coming back to the money. i don't want to be a 10-11 win team who keeps falling short because we can't bring in enough talent. you get ramsey and place him with jones, maddox and douglas. maybe draft a safety or another back early on, pick up a running back in the 3rd/4th and make foles the starter.. we're championship caliber for years.

if you have to start worrying about wentz' health and money instead? it reeks of big trouble down the line. it's already going to suck next season if foles is gone. every hit wentz takes, any time he gets up slow.. who's next in line? not some guy who will carry the team.

TheSnowdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i thought this was insane after last year, but this isn't last year. if we're going to stick with pederson and this type of offensive scheme, then foles can clearly get the job done.

i love wentz and his potential, but the reality is he's already experienced several injuries and is going to command a huge contract. why pay that money when you can have a cheaper foles instead? when you can trade wentz and get some value back?

even though i dislike him, if we could get ramsey and a 1st from the jags for wentz and a future 3rd or something.. that would be a HUGE play for the eagles for these upcoming future years. it will never be a question of who is better individually, it's all about what benefits the team.

foles is only 4 years older than wentz. at this point i think we're better off getting picks/players for wentz and investing that saved money elsewhere. the difference betweeen foles and wentz will not be worth the investment in carson.

in the end it keeps coming back to the money. i don't want to be a 10-11 win team who keeps falling short because we can't bring in enough talent. you get ramsey and place him with jones, maddox and douglas. maybe draft a safety or another back early on, pick up a running back in the 3rd/4th and make foles the starter.. we're championship caliber for years.

if you have to start worrying about wentz' health and money instead? it reeks of big trouble down the line. it's already going to suck next season if foles is gone. every hit wentz takes, any time he gets up slow.. who's next in line? not some guy who will carry the team.

I agree with many of your posts but this one I disagree

Even if the Eagles win the Superbowl again with Foles at the helm I'm still hitching my wagon to Wentz every day of the week and twice on Sunday

Foles has been amazing last year (I'm convinced though if Wentz did not get hurt Eagles would have won Superbowl still) and the later part of this year
However I still don't trust him for the starting role for a full year

It is a slippery slope when you try to play the cheap game
I live in Colorado so I see it with the Broncos - Elway played the cheap game with QB after Manning left and it cost him
They have arguably one of the best defenses in the league and yet they suck

I don't want to see the Eagles turn into the Broncos

Pay Wentz the money - keep Foles if you can as backup
If Foles leaves to another team thank him for what he has done and wish him well
In the long run Eagles will be better off with Wentz at QB versus giving up on him and going with Foles
With Foles as startera year or so from now fans will be talking about what a mistake it was giving up on Wentz and which QB should the Eagles draft

Enjoy the ride with Foles but don't get fooled by it

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they can get Ramsey + a first, then I would do that trade. What we don't want to see is in a few years, Wentz is the best QB in the NFL, and leads a team to multiple SB wins.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shut up, _cunt_.

Plenty of time for this.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not there--yet. But if this train keeps rolling I think we may all have to rethink our views. Foles is in his prime right now, and it is a very good prime. A championship level prime.

Wentz is considerably younger and pretty similar in terms of overall skill right now. But does he improve? And can he stay healthy?

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OP is an idiot sandwich...

giphy.gif

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thank God you you are not running this team.

John

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Wentz gets TWO stud wide receivers and a stud running back, you are going to see just how amazing Wentz will be.
He NEEDS more weapons, other than Ertz.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As of today January 8th 2019 Carson Wentz is still our starting QB moving forward. If Nick Foles rolls into New Orleans on Sunday and beats the Saints to move us into the NFL Championship Game ... Wentz is still our starter moving forward, but the Foles train picks up some real steam. If Foles finds a way to win that Championship Game and get us into a 2nd straight Super Bowl ... well, then Wentz' hold on the starter job moving forward starts to get slightly murky. Now, if Foles does the unimaginable and leads us all the way to our 2nd straight Super Bowl Win ... now we have a full blown QB issue! To me this is a fluid situation .... if Nick Foles were 34 or 35 then there's no question who the QB is the following season regardless of how the rest of the playoffs turn out, but Foles is only 29 as of this post. Drew Brees is still going strong and he's 10 years older than Foles ... age is not an issue for Nick. Again however ... we can cross that bridge after the Super Bowl if in fact that dream scenario were to unravel ... at the current time there is still no QB dilemma; Carson Wentz is "currently" entrenched as the Eagles QB for next year and beyond.

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The O line is just as responsible for Foles success, as Foles is. He hasnt even seen pressure, and against really good defenses.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't realize that the difference in age between Foles and Wentz is really just four years.

Wentz just turned 26 last month. Foles turns 30 later this month.

Wentz was an older player coming out of college. Foles meanwhile came out at the normal age, and while he has played a fair amount, also backed up guys and doesn't have the wear and tear of many 30 year olds.

So, the idea that Foles is a lot older than Wentz, and thus, that Wentz has a lot more years to play, isn't totally true.

Something to consider as you discuss who is the right QB going forward...

PS I am reading the Foles book right now. It's by no means a Nobel Prize in literature candidate. But it gives you a great perspective into Foles. He felt the pressure after the 27-2 season, lost his passion for the game after getting traded to Jeff Fisher, and regained it only when he became a backup and felt he could just enjoy the little things about football again.

The reason he is having so much success is he is mentally in a great place right now. He's seen the highs and lows of the game in a way few others have, and he is just enjoying every moment of playing playoff football without feeling the pressure of the moment.

Some of that is due to the fact that he is the backup and doesn't feel pressure to succeed like he did earlier. He also happens to be rich because his dad is a very successful restaurateur and he could quit tomorrow and be set for life. It makes me wonder, if a team made him "the guy" and he had all that weight on him again, how he would react.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
foles propelled the eagles into the postseason in 2013 with a 9-2 record while tossing 27 TD/2 INT. he also played very well against the saints in the postseason.

he was a little streaky to open 2014, but the eagles jumped out to a 5-2 record (2 close road losses to the niners and cards (who started 9-1.) he then got hurt and they decided to just swap him with a "talented QB" in sam bradford. and that worked out just awesome for us.

he comes back in 2017, wins the 3 regular season games he fully plays and becomes hugely responsible for getting our only superbowl in team history.

now in 2018 he saves the season by helping knock off the rams on the road and texans at home, followed by an upset playoff win.

he has etched his name into numerous records, team and NFL wise. players love him as their quarterback. he gets rid of the ball quickly. he makes solid decisions. he goes for the long ball. he has very good pocket awareness. he can lob it into coverage. he can hit tight windows.

what is wentz going to do that foles cannot? he has fumbling issues. he is timid with the deep ball. he gets hooked on his main read (usually ertz.) his decision making is questionable at times. a big part of wentz' MVP caliber play was his wreckless running that teams had to account for. that's done with. and if he goes back to it, then he's a serious injury waiting to happen.

wentz is already 26. he's far from the "still learning" aspect where you just brush off all the mistakes. goff is 24. mahomes is 23. jackson is 22. trubisky is 24. watson is 23. you get sucked in by the "talent" angle and you're going to pay. there's no reason to believe wentz is going to start running wild again like he did before the injury. as a strictly pocket passer.. foles is a much better value in the end and only 4 years older. actually a little less than 4. it's not like he's 32 and wentz is 23.

it's all opinionated, but it cannot be argued that foles gets the job done. so you have to keep asking the question, why pay more and get less value across the board? so wentz can carry the team to a championship? foles has already done it. if the eagles are THAT good, both can win. if the eagles are just decent, is wentz going to superman them a trophy? no chance.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

mannyz

The Real Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with many of your posts but this one I disagree

Even if the Eagles win the Superbowl again with Foles at the helm I'm still hitching my wagon to Wentz every day of the week and twice on Sunday

Foles has been amazing last year (I'm convinced though if Wentz did not get hurt Eagles would have won Superbowl still) and the later part of this year
However I still don't trust him for the starting role for a full year

It is a slippery slope when you try to play the cheap game
I live in Colorado so I see it with the Broncos - Elway played the cheap game with QB after Manning left and it cost him
They have arguably one of the best defenses in the league and yet they suck

I don't want to see the Eagles turn into the Broncos

Pay Wentz the money - keep Foles if you can as backup
If Foles leaves to another team thank him for what he has done and wish him well
In the long run Eagles will be better off with Wentz at QB versus giving up on him and going with Foles
With Foles as startera year or so from now fans will be talking about what a mistake it was giving up on Wentz and which QB should the Eagles draft

Enjoy the ride with Foles but don't get fooled by it

I lived in Colorado for a long time. Now I am in Florida. Love both places but I have to admit, I liked Denver more.

I agree with what you said here. I think Wentz is a once in a lifetime type of QB. I knew the 1st time I saw him under center he was special. He had a serious injury that takes time to heal. He came back too soon. Normally a player is not back to 100% for 2 years.

That being said, I hope Foles ends up a Bronco. They are my 2nd favorite team, and I think he would do well there. At least I hope he would.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is a sad common thing among Eagles fans.

The favorite QB on the team is the backup QB.

mannyz

The Real Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is a sad common thing among Eagles fans.

The favorite QB on the team is the backup QB.
It is always the case. Why would anyone want to play here? If it is not the fans, the media incites the fan base. It is brutal.

BPNAZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all Foles keeps doing is win, and win big games, yet most here just continue to suck Wentz' dick

they keep saying "well i don't trust him for a full season" i guess a season going 27 tds and 2 INT's is bad, nah, can't trust it

"just a fluke"

oh wait, then he started the following year 5-2 before collarbone injury............nah, can't trust that either

comes back and inserts himself into the starting job last year and the rest is history

all he did was go 4-1 this season as a starter........can't trust it

Foles can be easily be the guy for next 5 years with money to spare to fill much needed holes at RB,LB, CB