• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

i'm all for trading wentz now

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank God you you are not running this team.

aren't you the one who is continually trying to run schwartz out of town when the eagles were 4th in points allowed last year and 12th this year, despite being ravaged by injuries? yet you have the balls to agree with someone calling me an idiot for wanting to keep a QB who does nothing but win?

fucking people are amazing here. yeah, glad i'm not running the team. WOULD LOVE to see the results of your team led by wentz and some random defensive coordinator whom you have not named?

people love to talk shit, for no apparent reason, and then they never back it up with anything.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all Foles keeps doing is win, and win big games, yet most here just continue to suck Wentz' dick

they keep saying "well i don't trust him for a full season" i guess a season going 27 tds and 2 INT's is bad, nah, can't trust it

"just a fluke"

oh wait, then he started the following year 5-2 before collarbone injury............nah, can't trust that either

comes back and inserts himself into the starting job last year and the rest is history

all he did was go 4-1 this season as a starter........can't trust it

Foles can be easily be the guy for next 5 years with money to spare to fill much needed holes at RB,LB, CB

yep, and that's what it's all about. you take the guy who you ALREADY KNOW can win and add even more to your team. people are in love with trying to unlock the full talent of these top end players while ignoring the later round picks that already show it. that's why sam bradford kept getting fucking jobs.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i thought this was insane after last year, but this isn't last year. if we're going to stick with pederson and this type of offensive scheme, then foles can clearly get the job done.

i love wentz and his potential, but the reality is he's already experienced several injuries and is going to command a huge contract. why pay that money when you can have a cheaper foles instead? when you can trade wentz and get some value back?

even though i dislike him, if we could get ramsey and a 1st from the jags for wentz and a future 3rd or something.. that would be a HUGE play for the eagles for these upcoming future years. it will never be a question of who is better individually, it's all about what benefits the team.

foles is only 4 years older than wentz. at this point i think we're better off getting picks/players for wentz and investing that saved money elsewhere. the difference betweeen foles and wentz will not be worth the investment in carson.

in the end it keeps coming back to the money. i don't want to be a 10-11 win team who keeps falling short because we can't bring in enough talent. you get ramsey and place him with jones, maddox and douglas. maybe draft a safety or another back early on, pick up a running back in the 3rd/4th and make foles the starter.. we're championship caliber for years.

if you have to start worrying about wentz' health and money instead? it reeks of big trouble down the line. it's already going to suck next season if foles is gone. every hit wentz takes, any time he gets up slow.. who's next in line? not some guy who will carry the team.
What makes you think Foles is going to sign a cheap contract. He's a free agent. He's a Superbowl MVP (may be 2 time). He has good stats. I'm guessing his agent may want Cousins type of money.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
aren't you the one who is continually trying to run schwartz out of town when the eagles were 4th in points allowed last year and 12th this year, despite being ravaged by injuries? yet you have the balls to agree with someone calling me an idiot for wanting to keep a QB who does nothing but win?

fucking people are amazing here. yeah, glad i'm not running the team. WOULD LOVE to see the results of your team led by wentz and some random defensive coordinator whom you have not named?

people love to talk shit, for no apparent reason, and then they never back it up with anything.

First I did not call you an idiot. However I think your stance to trade Wentz is fucking moronic. No I am not saying your are a moron but the that particular thought process is dumb and I am glad you are not running the team.

{Going to edit this part because I was wrong}

So let's look at the defense for a min. This is the same defense that recently gave up 470 yards to Dak Prescott. That alone is embarrassing. We gave up 340 yards to Deshaun Watson. That was a game we had in hand and the defense let them come back and tie the game up late. The Redskins? That does not even count. They had Josh Johnson as their QB. Clemson probably would have beat them. Mitchell Tribusky did not play bad to be honest against us.

So the past 4 games were 3 QB's with 3 years or less experience and QB that has been out of the NFL for 5 years. Sorry but it is not hard to game plan against young QB's

So yeah....I talk shit....and I back it up with actual facts.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First I did not call you an idiot. However I think your stance to trade Wentz is fucking moronic. No I am not saying your are a moron but the that particular thought process is dumb and I am glad you are not running the team.

I disagree. Entertaining the idea and seeing what teams would give up is a great idea. Still the decision will need to be made of which QB you keep. You are obviously on board with Wentz. Not bad, but neither would keeping Foles. If Foles goes, you get nothing in return. If Wentz goes, you get a pretty good haul.
Of course this decision gets tougher for you if the Eagles keep winning games.

djm

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Foles wins the Super Bowl this year it is a valid question the Front Office is going have to evaluate. After this year Foles is a free agent. We have 20 million dollar option we can exercise but he can pay 2 million to buy his way out. We can also spend about 25 million to franchise him.

If Foles wants to be a starter in this league what makes any of you think a two time Super Bowl winning quarterback is not going to cost us a lot to sign? I am not ready to just give up on Went but no matter which QB stays we will be paying big bucks!

What I would like to see is Doug to call the same offense he does with Roles for Wentz. After the Dallas game the coaching staff simplified the offense so the team could play faster. Who is to say Wentz would be successful too?

I have always liked Foles and have nothing against Wentz. In the end, I trust Howie and Doug to make the right decision.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. Entertaining the idea and seeing what teams would give up is a great idea. Still the decision will need to be made of which QB you keep. You are obviously on board with Wentz. Not bad, but neither would keeping Foles. If Foles goes, you get nothing in return. If Wentz goes, you get a pretty good haul.
Of course this decision gets tougher for you if the Eagles keep winning games.

Here is my problem with the argument. The stance is that the team is winning because of Foles and only Foles. I don't think anyone here is saying that Foles is the better QB. So unless we get a kings ransom why in the hell would we trade Wentz? I don't buy the team plays harder for him. That is a bunch of bullshit. These are professional football players. You play hard and well or you get cut. Contracts are not guaranteed in the NFL.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is my problem with the argument. The stance is that the team is winning because of Foles and only Foles. I don't think anyone here is saying that Foles is the better QB. So unless we get a kings ransom why in the hell would we trade Wentz? I don't buy the team plays harder for him. That is a bunch of bullshit. These are professional football players. You play hard and well or you get cut. Contracts are not guaranteed in the NFL.
You may be able to get a kings ransom for Wentz. Unless you feel like Wentz can take you places Foles can't in a way that trumps the trade you would get with Wentz (I'm assuming a 1st plus) then Foles has to at least be an option. The Eagles are in the worst salary cap hell in the NFL for 2019, so franchising Foles is not an option.
I guess it comes down to what is best for the team. Tough decision for sure.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of this still would need to play out before it works itself out. If Foles helps us win a 2nd Super Bowl I don't know how moving forward with him isn't at least a consideration. We wouldn't be talking about a "backup" QB in that situation ... we would be talking about a QB who would have been a huge reason for back to back rings. Again, a lot would have to happen in 3 straight "yet to be played" games for there to be a real argument on this.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of this still would need to play out before it works itself out. If Foles helps us win a 2nd Super Bowl I don't know how moving forward with him isn't at least a consideration. We wouldn't be talking about a "backup" QB in that situation ... we would be talking about a QB who would have been a huge reason for back to back rings. Again, a lot would have to happen in 3 straight "yet to be played" games for there to be a real argument on this.
What if he only gets you to the NFC Championship game? Would you feel a somewhat injury prone Wentz is worth more than Foles and an extra 1st and 3rd round pick?

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What makes you think Foles is going to sign a cheap contract. He's a free agent. He's a Superbowl MVP (may be 2 time). He has good stats. I'm guessing his agent may want Cousins type of money.

definitely not cheap, but at the same time.. not on the level wentz would command. but it's all probably a moot point in the end because it wouldn't happen, so we'll never actually know.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

{Going to edit this part because I was wrong}

So let's look at the defense for a min. This is the same defense that recently gave up 470 yards to Dak Prescott. That alone is embarrassing. We gave up 340 yards to Deshaun Watson. That was a game we had in hand and the defense let them come back and tie the game up late. The Redskins? That does not even count. They had Josh Johnson as their QB. Clemson probably would have beat them. Mitchell Tribusky did not play bad to be honest against us.

So the past 4 games were 3 QB's with 3 years or less experience and QB that has been out of the NFL for 5 years. Sorry but it is not hard to game plan against young QB's

So yeah....I talk shit....and I back it up with actual facts.

you're agreeing with someone who consistently trolls and meme'd me an idiot. so, yeah, you basically just called me an idiot.

you've yet to prove any facts against schwartz because you've basically made no legit argument other than you think he isn't good. and the stats say otherwise. it doesn't matter who they are playing or X amount of yards. 4th in points against last year, 12th this year. if not for a wild amount of injuries, we know they'd be back towards that top 5 mark.

so what imaginary coach is going to come in and do better? maddox getting burned on fakes is schwartz' fault? that's going to automatically stop with a new coach? we're going to be 1st in points allowed? what's the solution here, the goal, the big picture? you're simply saying the defense can play better. that's like me say the sixers should fire brown, they can play better. and offering nothing else.

i could bet my life my moves of starting foles, the players/picks from trading wentz and mone freed up would easily top you firing schwartz, relying on wentz and giving him a huge contract.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Foles wins the Super Bowl this year it is a valid question the Front Office is going have to evaluate. After this year Foles is a free agent. We have 20 million dollar option we can exercise but he can pay 2 million to buy his way out. We can also spend about 25 million to franchise him.

If Foles wants to be a starter in this league what makes any of you think a two time Super Bowl winning quarterback is not going to cost us a lot to sign? I am not ready to just give up on Went but no matter which QB stays we will be paying big bucks!

What I would like to see is Doug to call the same offense he does with Roles for Wentz. After the Dallas game the coaching staff simplified the offense so the team could play faster. Who is to say Wentz would be successful too?

I have always liked Foles and have nothing against Wentz. In the end, I trust Howie and Doug to make the right decision.

the difference is foles is partially playing for his love of the game right now. he was fine with a backup role instead of a starting spot because it's where he wanted to be. would that mean anything in the end if the eagles stuck with him? possibly not. but one would like to think he wouldn't try to break the bank and would prefer some of that money be spent on weapons, especially for his own good. how much money saved between him and wentz would obviously be the key.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you're agreeing with someone who consistently trolls and meme'd me an idiot. so, yeah, you basically just called me an idiot.

I am sorry dude that is fucking stupid. While I may find some of your points ridiculous to say I called you an idiot because another poster called you an idiot and I agree with his posts is ass backwards.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the difference is foles is partially playing for his love of the game right now. he was fine with a backup role instead of a starting spot because it's where he wanted to be. would that mean anything in the end if the eagles stuck with him? possibly not. but one would like to think he wouldn't try to break the bank and would prefer some of that money be spent on weapons, especially for his own good. how much money saved between him and wentz would obviously be the key.
Are you thinking they could keep both? You might as well throw that out the window. Foles has a big starter pay day coming. The Eagles are in salary cap hell next year and cannot afford to franchise him.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i thought this was insane after last year, but this isn't last year. if we're going to stick with pederson and this type of offensive scheme, then foles can clearly get the job done.

i love wentz and his potential, but the reality is he's already experienced several injuries and is going to command a huge contract. why pay that money when you can have a cheaper foles instead? when you can trade wentz and get some value back?

even though i dislike him, if we could get ramsey and a 1st from the jags for wentz and a future 3rd or something.. that would be a HUGE play for the eagles for these upcoming future years. it will never be a question of who is better individually, it's all about what benefits the team.

foles is only 4 years older than wentz. at this point i think we're better off getting picks/players for wentz and investing that saved money elsewhere. the difference betweeen foles and wentz will not be worth the investment in carson.

in the end it keeps coming back to the money. i don't want to be a 10-11 win team who keeps falling short because we can't bring in enough talent. you get ramsey and place him with jones, maddox and douglas. maybe draft a safety or another back early on, pick up a running back in the 3rd/4th and make foles the starter.. we're championship caliber for years.

if you have to start worrying about wentz' health and money instead? it reeks of big trouble down the line. it's already going to suck next season if foles is gone. every hit wentz takes, any time he gets up slow.. who's next in line? not some guy who will carry the team.

I agree with all this Ive been saying phily should trade Wentz having a cheaper option at QB that can still get the job done can make your team so versatile you can spend your money saved in other areas of team. Like someone said maybe trading him to the jags for Jalen Ramsey and a pick or even say to the broncos for Von Miler if you can make the numbers work.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sorry dude that is fucking stupid. While I may find some of your points ridiculous to say I called you an idiot because another poster called you an idiot and I agree with his posts is ass backwards.

semantics man, don't be silly about it. you saw the dude is insulting me and calling me an idiot. and you were agreeing with it. you can debate whether you called me an idiot, agreed with it, or just meant my post.

whichever way, people are free to have opinions. i laid mine out in a respectful way. and it makes sense. if you prefer they keep wentz, great. i certainly don't feel the need to chastise your view. and i'm not certainly not going to feel like an idiot for wanting to keep a QB who is doing nothing but winning and breaking records over a guy who "might" do that one day.

i expect those childish meme's and insults from two or three people here. disappointing though when others start laughing or agreeing with them.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you thinking they could keep both? You might as well throw that out the window. Foles has a big starter pay day coming. The Eagles are in salary cap hell next year and cannot afford to franchise him.

hell no, lol. it's a given one of them is gone, and it appears to be 95% foles at this point. might even be 100%. i hope that's not the case.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with all this Ive been saying phily should trade Wentz having a cheaper option at QB that can still get the job done can make your team so versatile you can spend your money saved in other areas of team. Like someone said maybe trading him to the jags for Jalen Ramsey and a pick or even say to the broncos for Von Miler if you can make the numbers work.
Not really the cheaper option to keep Foles. Why do you think it would free up cap space to sign others?
I'm not an Eagles expert or a salary cap expert, so I may be wrong. It looks like the Eagles are in bad salary cap position for next season.
NFL 2019 Salary Cap Tracker

Looks like Foles can opt out or stay for 20 million. Wentz has a year left and will make 8 million next season. My guess is that Foles will want to be a starter and want starter money.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really the cheaper option to keep Foles. Why do you think it would free up cap space to sign others?
I'm not an Eagles expert or a salary cap expert, so I may be wrong. It looks like the Eagles are in bad salary cap position for next season.
NFL 2019 Salary Cap Tracker

Looks like Foles can opt out or stay for 20 million. Wentz has a year left and will make 8 million next season. My guess is that Foles will want to be a starter and want starter money.

The decision for Foles to stay next year at $20 mil is the decisions of the Eagles. Foles can't make a decision one way or the other on that. With that said he is probably going to want to be a starter and going to want starter money. The Eagles are going to have to decide if they want to pay him or Wentz but they are not going to be able to pay both.

The one thing I am not concerned about when it comes to the Eagles if financial management. The seem to be able to manipulate the cap as good if not better than everyone else.