• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

i'm all for trading wentz now

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is my problem with the argument. The stance is that the team is winning because of Foles and only Foles. I don't think anyone here is saying that Foles is the better QB. So unless we get a kings ransom why in the hell would we trade Wentz? I don't buy the team plays harder for him. That is a bunch of bullshit. These are professional football players. You play hard and well or you get cut. Contracts are not guaranteed in the NFL.
outsider, but your just suggesting things magically happened then? when wentz got hurt? the D got better, the secondary got better? THe offense could score points? because they just decided to turn it on?

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
outsider, but your just suggesting things magically happened then? when wentz got hurt? the D got better, the secondary got better? THe offense could score points? because they just decided to turn it on?
Yeah, after the Saints loss they decided to play harder.

Nick Foles explained it all in his press conference.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Nick Foles leads the team, confidence builds all around! The Eagles are inspired and believe they can beat anyone!
All this has been proven!

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howie will work out a contract, then trade Nick to either the Raiders, Jags, or Broncos for a 1st or 2 seconds.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this game against the Saints will establish Foles' value moving forward. If Foles shows well regardless of a W or an L his value may be high enough for the Eagles to Franchise and trade (I think Foles would decline his end of the 20 mil team option so tagging him would be a must to trade him). If he has an average to below average showing and we lose ... the Eagles will just let him walk and sign with a team of his choice.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a moron...

yep, i'm the moron.

this from the dope who thought i was "jinxing" the eagles last season because i said i think this is the year we finally win it all. did you write it in your diary while checking your closet for monsters?

this from the dope who mocked me repeatedly for talking about how important home field advantage is early in the year, that these choked losses are devastating and that we're eventually going to lose a close road game in the postseason.

this from the dope who makes a 'too early' post himself that we should purposely lose our remaining games and bench foles because the season is over.. as we go on to nearly make the NFC championship game against a team we've recently beaten twice and foles builds even more value.

this from the dope who thought benching foles would somehow allow him to come back to the team next year, as if he would be happy about not playing and would take way less money to.. watch from the sidelines?

what a dope. stick with talking trash to anyone and everyone, everywhere, all day long. where there are forums, there always has to be worthless trolls.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yesterday was a prime example of why we need to keep foles over wentz. some people will say foles had a bad game. but did he? NO. he made one mistake, underthrowing a deep ball to ertz for an INT. he was taking on a 13-3 team (would have been 14-2 if they needed the win) who is extremely tough to beat at home, rested and coming off a bye week.

foles was superb early on and jumped on them for a 14-0 lead. we have no running game whatsoever. and later on the saints basically ate the whole 3rd quarter clock. but it's his phenomenal pocket prescene that helps drive the team and give them a chance. no sacks, no fumbles, no risky scrambles. he knows how and when to always get rid of the ball. it's how you control field position, avoid penalties and keep your team in the game no matter what.

and just like the last drive, he is straight clutch. he doesn't panic, finds the open receivers and puts the ball where they can catch it. if not for alshon's deflection, there is a solid chance we win.

wentz hasn't even played in a postseason game yet. he's already had a serious injury and missed time this year with another. we already have a QB that CAN win big games. passing that up to go with a different QB who "might" show slightly more talent one day is a FATAL mistake. we don't need more talent at the QB spot. we need youth, depth, balance and money.

keep foles and trade wentz for players/picks so we can start reloading. if we keep wentz, it's going to eventually be years of cap hell, underachieving, injury concerns and "maybe next year" moments. i'll say it again, FATAL mistake. no one will remember.. but don't be shocked if we're nothing but a 7-9, 8-8 type team for most of the 2020's because wentz never hits his full potential and we cannot support him properly due to his contract.

Four4Four

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn dude, that's a good arguement. I'm still going with Wentz though.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I think this game showed why the Eagles should keep Wentz.

- Foles played well initially.

- Foles had a number of underthrows, one leading to the INT, that Wentz would not have underthrown. IIRC the other was to Tate, and arguably one as well to Agholor.

- When the Saints tightened up coverage, Foles slowed down as well.

Foles is a tremendous but extremely streaky QB. His highs are extremely high, but his lows are low. Last season, Foles would never have gotten the Eagles in a position to get homefield advantage.

The argument that Wentz is injury prone is a strawman. Note how (early on in his career) Foles was deemed injury prone as well. For one, by most accounts, Wentz would not have been at full strength until November/December at best.

Long term, I think Wentz is the best bet for this team. The one advantage Foles has over Wents right now is experience. Wentz still wants to do too much on occasion, where Foles is less likely to do so. But mind you, last weeks INT in the endzone is one that Wentz would get roasted for.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

- Foles had a number of underthrows, one leading to the INT, that Wentz would not have underthrown. IIRC the other was to Tate, and arguably one as well to Agholor.

Foles is a tremendous but extremely streaky QB. His highs are extremely high, but his lows are low. Last season, Foles would never have gotten the Eagles in a position to get homefield advantage.

The argument that Wentz is injury prone is a strawman. Note how (early on in his career) Foles was deemed injury prone as well. For one, by most accounts, Wentz would not have been at full strength until November/December at best.

Long term, I think Wentz is the best bet for this team. The one advantage Foles has over Wents right now is experience. Wentz still wants to do too much on occasion, where Foles is less likely to do so. But mind you, last weeks INT in the endzone is one that Wentz would get roasted for.

What is the most important question to ask when it comes to a franchise QB?

Does he have what it takes to win it all? The problem is that you never really know until they do.
And for Foles, that question has been put to bed.

But instead of comparing the 2 QB's, what you should be comparing is the list of what you gain by trading each of them.
I'm sure there is a trade/cap guru on the Eagles board. That is where I think the answer is.

As a Cowboys fan, I don't want to see Wentz traded. With the Draft picks you could get for a talent like Wentz and Foles at the helm ....to me that is the more dangerous team.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn dude, that's a good arguement. I'm still going with Wentz though.

:suds:

and since it seems they're clearly set on wentz, i sure as hell hope i'm wrong. unfortunately, i don't think i will be though.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

he's a QB like everyone else. i think a lot of people were just waiting for him to have a bad playoff game so they can be like "oh, see, he's not that good." as if no one else struggles. brees underthrew his receiver on the opening play and got picked. this is top competition now. foles was 18-30 for 201 yards with a TD and INT, 0 sacks and quick releasing before that alshon deflection. he pushed the team out to a 14-0 lead. they only had what.. 3 possessions between the INT and 4th quarter basically? the offense didn't have a chance to take the field because the saints worked an 11+ minute drive.

would a healthy wentz have done just as well or better without the running attack and constant pressure? i'm not putting money on it. but as others have already said, when is wentz fully healthy? different scenario and situation, but the saints ate him alive when he played them.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is the most important question to ask when it comes to a franchise QB?

Does he have what it takes to win it all? The problem is that you never really know until they do.
And for Foles, that question has been put to bed.

But instead of comparing the 2 QB's, what you should be comparing is the list of what you gain by trading each of them.
I'm sure there is a trade/cap guru on the Eagles board. That is where I think the answer is.

As a Cowboys fan, I don't want to see Wentz traded. With the Draft picks you could get for a talent like Wentz and Foles at the helm ....to me that is the more dangerous team.

and that's exactly why you do it. foles has already established the fact he can win big. wentz has not. so you go to the next question; if wentz CAN win big, how much more could he possibly do than what foles already has and is capable of?!

wentz is perfect trade bait to a desperate team. the jags immediately stand out.

foles, some extra money, players, picks > wentz. to me, it's not even close.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Best point here....Foles is wildly streaky. Make no mistake....he is a Philly God and always will be.

He came out hot along with the rest of the team. And while we can’t point to any other obvious faults in this game, aside from the underthrown ball to Ertz that got picked, it was clear to me that the Saints D got to him (obviously with HUGE help from the crowd noise too). Foles got well out of his comfort zone with the blitzes in the second half. He was holding the ball too long, seemingly lost where he should be going with the ball at times, and was rushing and missing throws ( the Aggy throw that went right by him is a good example).

Last week they rolled Foles out on that fourth down touchdown to clear him from the blitz they knew was coming. But they didn’t try that once in the second half yesterday.

Make no mistake....we were still right there at the end. It’s not on Foles that the ball went through Alston’s hands.

But I think the Saints showed a way to neutralize the Foles magic. And I can’t see a healthy and adjusted Wentz being eaten up by this pressure for so long of a game without making the D pay for the pressure at some point.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dutchbird! Haven't seen you on here for a while. Good points as usual - 2019 will be a big year for Wentz, he must show more patience moving forward and learn from looking at Foles what made the run this year work so well. It's also on the personnel department to get him some legitimate weapons out of the backfield, and the coaching staff to incorporate that into the offense he will run. If Wentz can discipline himself to do that, the sky is the limit.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep, i'm the moron.

this from the dope who thought i was "jinxing" the eagles last season because i said i think this is the year we finally win it all. did you write it in your diary while checking your closet for monsters?

this from the dope who mocked me repeatedly for talking about how important home field advantage is early in the year, that these choked losses are devastating and that we're eventually going to lose a close road game in the postseason.

this from the dope who makes a 'too early' post himself that we should purposely lose our remaining games and bench foles because the season is over.. as we go on to nearly make the NFC championship game against a team we've recently beaten twice and foles builds even more value.

this from the dope who thought benching foles would somehow allow him to come back to the team next year, as if he would be happy about not playing and would take way less money to.. watch from the sidelines?

what a dope. stick with talking trash to anyone and everyone, everywhere, all day long. where there are forums, there always has to be worthless trolls.

If only the team would have thought about HFA rather than having a 1 game at a time attitude that turned around the season.

And hindsight being 20/20... My plan of losing every game would have worked out better for the 2019 Eagles.

Enjoy wearing your Wildcard Weekend Victory T-Shirt.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
would a healthy wentz have done just as well or better without the running attack and constant pressure? i'm not putting money on it. but as others have already said, when is wentz fully healthy? different scenario and situation, but the saints ate him alive when he played them.

Yes. 100%

Last year's SuperBowl team had the best record in the NFL because a healthy Wentz was playing QB.