• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

i'm all for trading wentz now

Sparky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know, Wentz had some serious stats in only his 2nd year. And why was foles so bad in Rams and chiefs?

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For Foles to have "possibly" unseated Carson as the starter here he would have had to win out through the Super Bowl. That didn't happen, Carson should be 100% heading into next season and Nick will likely be allowed to walk and pick his new team. Foles will forever be Philly legend and he helped us into a nice ride this year after many had lost any hope of even getting into the post season. I wish him all the best, but it's time to move forward with Wentz.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know, Wentz had some serious stats in only his 2nd year. And why was foles so bad in Rams and chiefs?
chiefs he was a back up.

With the rams, everyone there at that time failed, failed coaching, roster, staff etc. goff failed initially too, then they cleaned house

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
chiefs he was a back up.

With the rams, everyone there at that time failed, failed coaching, roster, staff etc. goff failed initially too, then they cleaned house

Jeff Fisher should be charged with hate crimes against QBs.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeff Fisher should be charged with hate crimes against QBs.
he should. Just pointing out how bad that rams situation was. hell he was gonna retire. Then reid convinced him not to. he was just hanging out as a back up. left again to back to the eagles......kinda a crazy ride. Either way hes gone and your riding with carson.

mannyz

The Real Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone that would trade Wentz has no clue. The injury he suffered normally take 2 full years to recover 100%. There is a rumor that the Bronco's would offer 3 1st rd picks, don't know if true or not, but those 3 picks will be # 25 or lower. Wentz would win a SB within 2 years. So is basically 3 late 1st rd picks worth a franchise QB? Then we will be in QB limbo for years trying to draft another Carson Wentz.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone that would trade Wentz has no clue. The injury he suffered normally take 2 full years to recover 100%. There is a rumor that the Bronco's would offer 3 1st rd picks, don't know if true or not, but those 3 picks will be # 25 or lower. Wentz would win a SB within 2 years. So is basically 3 late 1st rd picks worth a franchise QB? Then we will be in QB limbo for years trying to draft another Carson Wentz.

wouldn't you like to see a Wentz vs Foles Super Bowl?

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, that would mean he did not sign with washington or the gints

I think he will sign with an AFC team. If I was to guess I would say the top 3 are Jacksonville, Denver or Miami.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A total dumbass makes a thread part 2.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i like how people in general keep belittling foles.

I am not sure anyone is belittling Foles. I don't recall anyone even saying he sucked. I think it is safe to say that everyone here agrees that Foles is a good QB. Most of us just feel that Wentz is a better QB. The disagreement I have is that some seem to believe the reason for the teams success was Foles. I do not agree with that assertation.

27 touchdowns, 2 picks.. ah well, he got lucky. it happens. led the eagles to their only superbowl and outplayed the legendary pats... ah well, he got lucky. it happens. saved the eagles season, led them to the playoffs, scored a tough road win and almost advanced to the NFC championship game with a beatup team.. ah well, he's ok, but his luck ran out.

You have repeatedly mentioned his 27 td - 2 int season but ignore Wentz MVP performance last season. If you are going to make a fair assessment you need to also include what he did the season after. The following season he was not all that impressive if we are going to be real about the assessment. In the 8 games he played in before he got hurt he had 13 TD's to 10 Int's and was completing less than 60% of his passes. His rating before he got hurt had him near the bottom of the NFL.

I find it funny you play the team injury card for Foles but not Wentz. The truth of the matter is the team was a hell of a lot healthier for the games Foles played in than it was for Wentz.

dude keeps winning and messing with NFL and team records along the way. his teammates love him. he's a straight up pocket passer and gunslinger on a team that is geared towards pass heavy.

I am sorry but no. The team was winning not just Nick Foles. None of that is a knock on Foles. However, you seem to be in denial on the fact that the offense completely changed. Nick Foles was not running the same offense that HE and Wentz ran most of the season. You forget he did play the first couple games of the season and did not play well. Carson did and I think Wentz would have done better with the offense that Doug incorporated late in the season. That is just one man's opinion.

BUT..

that wentz cat who can't stay on the field,

First of all. Wentz played all 16 games of his rookie season. He played 13 of the 16 games in year 2 and his injury was not a fluke injury that should concern people about being fragile. There are plenty of guys that have serious injury concerns because the tend to get hurt just running and tear ligaments when planting and cutting. That is not the case for Wentz. He took a very hard shot to his knee from both sides and that is what caused his knee injury.

Wentz back injury started in week 7 and got progressively worse each week. This should have been a red flag for the teams medical staff and he should have been shelved. I am a vet and have disabilities for my knees and ankles. Those issues have led to back problems for me based on how I overcompensate for my issues with my knees (arthritic now). You would be surprised how your gait can affect everything. Now I don't have access to daily physical therapy and a full medical staff available to me every day like NFL players. I am sure all NFL players have issues such as this because it is a violent sport. However based on my own personal experiences I feel that Wentz was not fully healed and came back too soon. Ironically he was rushed because of Foles poor performance.

Would you cut Aaron Rodgers? He is injury prone. Carson Wentz has shown to have the upside to be at Aaron Rodgers level some day. He has not reached his ceiling. Nick Foles has.

has 0 postseason appearances and hasn't proven a thing yet was a #2 pick. foles was just a 3rd rounder, so forget him.

This statement is baffling to me and is really without any merit. It is an opinion and everyone is entitled to one but the argument is completely wrong in my opinion.

Carson Wentz does not have a playoff game under his belt because of injury not because he did not lead a team to a playoff appearance. Let's make sure we get that point clear. The Eagles were 10-2 going into the Rams game. Carson Wentz started every one of those game. He was going toe to toe against a very good Rams team before he got hurt last year. I call bullshit on his not proving anything.

no one has really dropped down a definitive answer as to what wentz can do that foles cannot. it's all.. wentz WOULD HAVE done this if he was healthy. wentz WOULD HAVE done that if pederson called this. wentz WOULD HAVE walked on water if he wanted to. just like the future talk. as of this second, wentz is 26. foles is 29. you'd think foles is 37 and just finished his 14th season here, so it's time to ride off into the sunset.

Yes we have but you just keep ignoring it. The numbers are comparable between Foles and Wentz. That has been shown in several threads. The thing is Wentz put up his numbers while not fully recovered from a serious knee injury.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6 Pages?

Whats the verdict? Wentz gone or is Foles?

The answer to that is obvious. It is going to be Wentz.

1. Wentz is under contract on his rookie deal.
2. Foles has already stated that he wants to be a starting QB.
3. Wentz is a better QB than Foles. For Foles to start here he would have to beat out Wentz. He could not beat Wentz when he was not 100% surely he will not beat him when he is.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Six pages or not....the headline I read today settles it correctly for anyone in doubt or debate. The Eagles move on with Wentz.

Oh boy....I can’t wait for all of the Foles/Wentz stat comparisons every week, all the bitching that “Foles doesn’t have this weapon”, “Wentz doesn’t have this one”. Yay

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6 Pages?

Whats the verdict? Wentz gone or is Foles?
Wentz is here to stay. Even though Foles was 5-2 and Wentz was 4-5. Wentz is 5 years younger and probably has not reached his prime. Foles will move on.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
brett favre easily speaks my opinion..

"No disrespect at all to Carson Wentz. I think he’s already proven that he’s a great quarterback. Totally different than Nick Foles. Nick Foles, to me, is more of a (Tom) Brady-esque type quarterback. Very limited in what he can do but very, very good in what he does. He’s a pure pocket passer and he’s great at dishing it out and he’s proven that he’s clutch. He did it this past week, he did it last year, he’s done it time and time again, and he’s proven that he can win the big games. That, I think, is what we have to look at, or the Eagles, or anyone in a similar situation — it’s about winning, it’s about being clutch, doing really what you expect your players to do. And he does it as well as anyone."

i did not want to mention brady's name here, because no matter how it's phrased, any full wentz supporter would flip out. i was also going to say if this situation was facing a great org like the pats, it wouldn't shock me if they went with foles and reloaded. but again, wentz choosers would take it the wrong way.

unfortunately, it's all a moot point now unless the eagles somehow change their mind. a lot of people think just because wentz was tearing it up for 12 games, this is the wentz we'll see 100% of the time when "healthy." again, i say GOOD LUCK.

there shouldn't be any comparisons between the two no matter what foles does. the only thing that matters is the eagles winning championships. the more wentz fails, the bigger the mistake becomes. if foles goes on to win or lose elsewhere, it has no bearing on what happens here. we already know he can win with THIS team. wentz has proven nothing. just keeping him on the field is an adventure now.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
brett favre easily speaks my opinion..

"No disrespect at all to Carson Wentz. I think he’s already proven that he’s a great quarterback. Totally different than Nick Foles. Nick Foles, to me, is more of a (Tom) Brady-esque type quarterback. Very limited in what he can do but very, very good in what he does. He’s a pure pocket passer and he’s great at dishing it out and he’s proven that he’s clutch. He did it this past week, he did it last year, he’s done it time and time again, and he’s proven that he can win the big games. That, I think, is what we have to look at, or the Eagles, or anyone in a similar situation — it’s about winning, it’s about being clutch, doing really what you expect your players to do. And he does it as well as anyone."

i did not want to mention brady's name here, because no matter how it's phrased, any full wentz supporter would flip out. i was also going to say if this situation was facing a great org like the pats, it wouldn't shock me if they went with foles and reloaded. but again, wentz choosers would take it the wrong way.

unfortunately, it's all a moot point now unless the eagles somehow change their mind. a lot of people think just because wentz was tearing it up for 12 games, this is the wentz we'll see 100% of the time when "healthy." again, i say GOOD LUCK.

there shouldn't be any comparisons between the two no matter what foles does. the only thing that matters is the eagles winning championships. the more wentz fails, the bigger the mistake becomes. if foles goes on to win or lose elsewhere, it has no bearing on what happens here. we already know he can win with THIS team. wentz has proven nothing. just keeping him on the field is an adventure now.

can you go be a fan of whatever team Foles goes to?

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The answer to that is obvious. It is going to be Wentz.

1. Wentz is under contract on his rookie deal.
2. Foles has already stated that he wants to be a starting QB.
3. Wentz is a better QB than Foles. For Foles to start here he would have to beat out Wentz. He could not beat Wentz when he was not 100% surely he will not beat him when he is.

Perhaps, but Foles is the better Eagle!