• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

i'm all for trading wentz now

Oswaldandme

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Penis enlargement pills.
Trust me...I know

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
outsider, but your just suggesting things magically happened then? when wentz got hurt? the D got better, the secondary got better? THe offense could score points? because they just decided to turn it on?
Defense definitely got better, but so did the offense. When foles is hot, he's hot.

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know, Wentz had some serious stats in only his 2nd year. And why was foles so bad in Rams and chiefs?
Rams? Jeff Fischer. Chiefs? Really? He hardly played.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OP is a shitty fan.

1997 called. they want their corny trolling back.

besides.. shouldn't you be busy talking about how we need to shut down wentz, keep foles benched and purposely lose with sudfeld? then we can bring back foles after we benched him in favor of a 3rd stringer? take a hike man.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure anyone is belittling Foles. I don't recall anyone even saying he sucked. I think it is safe to say that everyone here agrees that Foles is a good QB. Most of us just feel that Wentz is a better QB. The disagreement I have is that some seem to believe the reason for the teams success was Foles. I do not agree with that assertation.

and that's the problem. most people do not want to advance past this thought process. it simply consists of "wentz is better." there are numerous main and side factors that exist for many years to come that the huge majority of fans do not want to discuss in any nature.

if you take it to the current players on the team, i'd bet anything they want foles. if you ask non eagles fans around the country, it will most likely come back as foles. if you go to analysts, former players, writers, etc. most likely, foles. philly fans already have it etched in their brain that wentz will be a MVP caliber megastar for a long time.

i bet if you go around the city, most would even take wentz over someone like mahomes.

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saying "meh" about the guy who got you the SB? Brutal! I like Wentz, but he hasn't proven anything yet. If Foles is traded and Wentz has a third consecutive season ending injury, the blind loyalty to him will disappear fast.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and that's the problem. most people do not want to advance past this thought process. it simply consists of "wentz is better." there are numerous main and side factors that exist for many years to come that the huge majority of fans do not want to discuss in any nature.

if you take it to the current players on the team, i'd bet anything they want foles. if you ask non eagles fans around the country, it will most likely come back as foles. if you go to analysts, former players, writers, etc. most likely, foles. philly fans already have it etched in their brain that wentz will be a MVP caliber megastar for a long time.

i bet if you go around the city, most would even take wentz over someone like mahomes.

I think this is a very poor argument because there is no real substance to it. You are saying that most people do not want to advance the thought process but you expect us to keep Foles based on some urban level type shit. The Wentz is better argument is simply because he is the better QB and for some reason you seem to keep trying to find different ways to claim otherwise. Wentz did not play bad this year and I am sure you are not going to suggest that he did. He played very well to be honest and some of the losses the Eagles suffered could not be blamed on him in fact at a minimum 2 of the can be clearly blamed on the defensive implosion. I refer back to your argument of praising Foles even though the team was beat up and I repeat my rebuttal that Foles played with a healthier Eagles team.

1. A teams front office is not going to poll players and ask them who they want as a QB. To do so would take stupidity to another level. For arguments sake Alshon Jeffries may say he wants Foles. Zach Ertz on the other hand may say he wants Wentz. So now the team has to deal with the delicate situation of insulting one player over another. So smart NFL teams take a basic stance. You are under contract so shut the fuck up and do your job.

2. Fans are too emotional and should never be taken seriously when thinking about what players to get. If teams were stupid enough to do that Tim Tebow could very well still be in the NFL.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1997 called. they want their corny trolling back.

besides.. shouldn't you be busy talking about how we need to shut down wentz, keep foles benched and purposely lose with sudfeld? then we can bring back foles after we benched him in favor of a 3rd stringer? take a hike man.

What'd we win this year?

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saying "meh" about the guy who got you the SB? Brutal! I like Wentz, but he hasn't proven anything yet. If Foles is traded and Wentz has a third consecutive season ending injury, the blind loyalty to him will disappear fast.

the meh was at your opinion that Foles is the better Eagle.

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the meh was at your opinion that Foles is the better Eagle.
Don't see any other Eagles QB with a SB ring or a statue in front of the stadium. I'm OK with your meh opinion, it just means you're fucking impossible to please. I hope Wentz does well, but he hasn't proved durable yet and I'm afraid he's another Cuningham. I hope I'm wrong.