• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

i'm all for trading wentz now

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love both guys, so I hate these "pick one guy and shyt on the other guy" type arguments ... "but" let's remember that the reason Wentz was rushed back was that Foles looked very average those first 2 games of the season. If Foles would have looked more like his "end of the season self" in the first 2 games of the season ... maybe they keep Wentz on the shelf a lot longer to heal. Wentz' game is based on mobility within and out of the pocket ... when he wasn't able to do that like his 2017 self he began to press and lost confidence in what he could and couldn't do. I think once that mobility is back to normal for him ... he'll be back to his 2017 form.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's talk when Wentz makes it to a playoff game. Hopefully that will be next year.

didn't the Eagles clinch a playoff berth in week 13 last year when Wentz was the QB?

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the first 13 games of 2017 meant what to you?
Dude, peace out. Two Eagles fans shouldn't be at each other's throats. The team says Wentz is the starter and I'm OK with that. I'm deeply concerned about his possible fragility though. I'll feel better if he makes it through the entire next season and wins a playoff game. As for Foles, I'm a huge fan of that guy and hope the Eagles find a way to keep him as backup although I doubt Wentz deep down really wants Foles there anymore.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, peace out. Two Eagles fans shouldn't be at each other's throats. The team says Wentz is the starter and I'm OK with that. I'm deeply concerned about his possible fragility though. I'll feel better if he makes it through the entire next season and wins a playoff game. As for Foles, I'm a huge fan of that guy and hope the Eagles find a way to keep him as backup although I doubt Wentz deep down really wants Foles there anymore.

I'm not at your throat... I'm asking you if you understand the team was 11-2 with the best player in the NFL behind center?

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the end result is continually the same. foles has already proven he can excel in the postseason, carry the team and win it all. there isn't a level beyond that. the best wentz can do is match that. and the odds are heavily stacked against him.

so most eagles fans want the slightly younger QB who needs to be at his best to match the guy they want to get rid of. :scratch:

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the end result is continually the same. foles has already proven he can excel in the postseason, carry the team and win it all. there isn't a level beyond that. the best wentz can do is match that. and the odds are heavily stacked against him.

so most eagles fans want the slightly younger QB who needs to be at his best to match the guy they want to get rid of. :scratch:

circular logic is fun.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Your logic escapes me. I can understand if you want to make the argument that Foles is better even if I disagree. If you want to make that argument all you need to do is back it up with something that makes sense. To say he just keeps winning is an argument that is completely false. The wins not Foles and you seem to keep ignoring that. He is not a lucky charm.

Here is Foles playoff success

2013 - 0-1 Lost Wildcard game
2017 - 3-0 Superbowl MVP
2018 - 1-1 Lost Divisional Round.

So to be fair. Foles has had more playoff failures than success if we are going to be accurate.

Now let me put in this disclaimer. I think Nick Foles is going to always be a God in Philly. He brought the Eagles a Superbowl Championship. I have a Foles Jersey and will never have to worry about replacing it. Hell if you ask me they should retire his jersey.

My point is not about bashing Foles but about pointing the obviously gaping holes in your argument. Going forward teams want to keep the best players at all positions. Carson Wentz is a better QB.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i've repeatedly said it's not a QB comparison. with the system in place, current coach, team and numerous other factors.. foles is the better fit.

look, if and when wentz underachieves or gets hurt next year, you want to pay this guy top dollar? and if you do, regardless of his season, what are you going to say when players are getting released? when our draft position sucks? when we can't sign big names? what are you going to say if he gets hurt again and we have NO legit QB on the roster? there are so many factors that favor working out a shorter deal with foles and getting back a ton of value from wentz.

as for the playoffs, he's 4-2 with a championship and MVP. he outshined the GOAT in the superbowl with a near perfect game. the 2 losses were games he put his team in place to win, but they failed. a saints FG at the end and alshon deflection.

i don't care if wentz is the better QB. I ONLY CARE ABOUT THE TEAM WINNING. foles is better for this team moving forward. we need young players. we need to start loading up on the O-LINE. these things will be a problem if we have to commit max to wentz after next year.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If he matches what Foles has already done, then that's the best thing that can happen... because it means we're winning Superbowls, right? As a fan of your team, that's all that should matter, regardless of who's behind Center.

The argument can be made for both sides until the end of time - but the organization has already committed to Wentz - like it or not, he's going to be our guy, so let's root for him to be at his very best because if that's happening, it means we will be a team in perennial playoff/Superbowl contention. No doubt the pressure is on Wentz, 2019 will be a huge year for him and he still has a lot to prove. But we are as a team (compared to others around the league) are still in an enviable position to have a guy like Wentz moving forward to work with... remember he just finished his 3rd season coming off a major injury, he's only going to get better with time and experience.

I get your argument. I understand where you're coming from. Foles is and will always be a LEGEND for all Eagles fans. Amazing run last year and this year. Even better human being. But the writing is on the wall; he will be playing somewhere else next year, and we have to roll with what we have. And Wentz IMO is special. He just needs to go and remind everyone again that has already forgotten what he is capable of.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
look, if and when wentz underachieves or gets hurt next year

see @handicappers ... shitty fan.

Dude wanted to make sure Sudfeld was ready in 2017/2018 because he had little faith in Foles in the playoffs. Now is predicting doom and gloom for the Eagles franchise QB based on what? Negadelphians are the most annoying fans on the planet.

If we traded Wentz, this dipshit would be calling for Sudfeld to start the minute we're below .500. Just can't help himself.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i've repeatedly said it's not a QB comparison. with the system in place, current coach, team and numerous other factors.. foles is the better fit.

look, if and when wentz underachieves or gets hurt next year, you want to pay this guy top dollar? and if you do, regardless of his season, what are you going to say when players are getting released? when our draft position sucks? when we can't sign big names? what are you going to say if he gets hurt again and we have NO legit QB on the roster? there are so many factors that favor working out a shorter deal with foles and getting back a ton of value from wentz.

as for the playoffs, he's 4-2 with a championship and MVP. he outshined the GOAT in the superbowl with a near perfect game. the 2 losses were games he put his team in place to win, but they failed. a saints FG at the end and alshon deflection.

i don't care if wentz is the better QB. I ONLY CARE ABOUT THE TEAM WINNING. foles is better for this team moving forward. we need young players. we need to start loading up on the O-LINE. these things will be a problem if we have to commit max to wentz after next year.

You don't care that the first pick was a 10 yards under thrown to an open Ertz. You don't care that the Foles led Eagles offense was SHUT OUT for 3 quarters. Because Negadelphians like you always love the backup.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No he is not and you have not show anything that proves otherwise. There is nothing to suggest that Wentz would not put up better numbers in any system implemented by Pederson that both QB's have ran and I will validate my point.

1. Last season Wentz was the runaway choice for MVP before he got hurt. That is without dispute. When he got hurt Foles came in and while he struggled early on he found his place and had superb playoff run minus the Falcons game. So you have both Foles and Wentz running the same system and putting up great numbers.

2. At the start of this season Foles started a couple games and played poorly. It was his performance that prompted (or forced Pederson to bring Wentz back early) and during his stretch Wentz actually played really well and his numbers showed it. In this case I would have to say that playing the same system Wentz out performed Foles.

3. The games that Foles played late in the season used a completely different system than he played in early on. The Eagles ran a lot of play action pass up until Foles second stint as the starter and teams were not falling for it. We did not have a commitment to the running game and it was obvious. Pederson completely changed the offense and this too should be without dispute. This time around there was a commitment to the run. Gone was the bullshit play action passes. If you noticed the Eagles barely ran play action. Foles played fantastic and there is nothing to suggest that Wentz would not do the same and when you compare the two side by side running identical offenses Wentz is the clear choice.

look, if and when wentz underachieves or gets hurt next year, you want to pay this guy top dollar?

Oh and you have guarantees that Foles will not get hurt as well? Unless I am mistaken he did have to leave a game because of a shot he took. He played through it but anyone can tell that it affected him because he underthrew a lot of balls after that. Did you forget the 8 games he was out for when he was injured after his 27 and 1 season? This is the NFL and players get hurt. Foles is just as likely to get hurt as Wentz is.

Your argument here is so ridiculous it is not even funny. You are making excuses for failures under Foles but will not apply the same logic to Wentz? How many games did we lose after Wentz put us in a position to win but the defense imploded. If you are not going to apply same argument to both QB's you will get called out on it.

Playoff success is not about wins and losses. You can't throw win/loss records and expect people to take you seriously. Doing something like that would make McNabb a playoff God because he won a lot of playoff games but never won a Superbowl so as far as I am concerned his playoff career is of a failure.

Foles will never be considered a playoff failure because he won a Superbowl and he will always be a part of Philly lore but reality is this. He has been the starting QB for 3 playoff stints and has failed in 2 of the 3. So you can't guarantee that he will always be successful because history shows he will not.

If you only care about winning the your approach should always be to put the best team forward. I have said this before and will say it again. You talk about Foles as if he is some kind of urban legend. Just having him around tends to guarantee success but you have not really proven anything. Nick Foles was not the reason the team had some success. He was part of it but not all of it and you seem to keep implying that and I don't see it that way.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What exactly is your mental handicap?

Foles did all that one time, yes.

Is it any less likely Wentz does it all one time vs Foles doing it a second time?

No, no it isn't.

Your premise is faulty as fuck.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You actually believe this? Wentz put up better numbers without recovering from an ACL/LCL injury and hurt his back in week 7. At best he was 50% healed and put up really good numbers. I am sorry but I am beginning to believed you actually watched any of the games.

a 100% healthy Carson Wentz is arguably a top 5 QB.

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not at your throat... I'm asking you if you understand the team was 11-2 with the best player in the NFL behind center?
Where are you getting 11-2? Wentz is a lifetime 23/17 .575 and was 5/6 in 2018.Just askin'.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where are you getting 11-2? Wentz is a lifetime 23/17 .575 and was 5/6 in 2018.Just askin'.

Wentz was 11-2 last year when he went down. One could easily argue 12-2 since he played most the Rams game.

23-17 comes with quite an asterisk, if we are being honest.

Or....if we are going to take his rookie year (as well as the coaching staffs rookie year) and this year where he came back 9 months into a 12 month minimal injury rehab, than fine.

But in that case we need to take into account weeks 1-2 of this year, as well as the Raiders and half of the week 17 cowboys game from last year for Foles.

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wentz was 11-2 last year when he went down. One could easily argue 12-2 since he played most the Rams game.

23-17 comes with quite an asterisk, if we are being honest.

Or....if we are going to take his rookie year (as well as the coaching staffs rookie year) and this year where he came back 9 months into a 12 month minimal injury rehab, than fine.

But in that case we need to take into account weeks 1-2 of this year, as well as the Raiders and half of the week 17 cowboys game from last year for Foles.
Actually, I took the stat from the Football Database which treats all QB's the same way. Not dissing the dude, just facts and data, he's in 30th spot out of all active QB's. I hope he's got a good run in him and not afraid to get hurt again. That's what did in Cunningham.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, I took the stat from the Football Database which treats all QB's the same way. Not dissing the dude, just facts and data, he's in 30th spot out of all active QB's. I hope he's got a good run in him and not afraid to get hurt again. That's what did in Cunningham.

shitty offensive coordinators did in Cunningham.