• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

i'm all for trading wentz now

mannyz

The Real Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always negative with you. "You" didn't get shit you're correct. Not sure why you keep using "we"?

On a positive note the Philly players got better tee times than 200+ others guys still playing.
Also think of the kids in Africa who just got new t-shirts with Eagles Division Champ on them. :D
A lot of talk from the fan of a team we beat last year to win the SB.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you keep proving my point with every post... thanks.

what point? this is an opinionated thread about foles and wentz. just about everyone has kept it civil and has added respectable debate to the conversation. except for you, of course. like i said, you're nothing but a corny troll. that stuff was funny for about 5 minutes in 1990 something. when people do it these days, it reeks more of some kind of mental issue.

clean off the feces spewing from your mouth and dripping down your chin. and stop referring to others as idiots and morons behind a screen, especially after declaring you wanted a defending superbowl champion to piss off their MVP QB and veteran team by purposely tanking.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After thinking it through I think this is what happens with Foles. The Eagles "will" pick up the 20 mil option without giving Foles any guarantees with respect to trading him. Personal feelings aside, business is business and this would be the most logical move for the team to make with respect to getting something back in trade. Foles obviously has the 2 million out clause should he choose to exercise it. He has 5 days to exercise the clause ... if he does not take the out then the Eagles will likely turn right around and trade him for the best offer. I "do not" think the Franchise tag would be an option as the Franchise Tag money becomes guaranteed as soon as Foles signs it (which Foles could sign immediately). He would be a more attractive trade target at 20 million than at 28 million ... plus if the Eagles by chance can't find a trade partner then they would be stuck with an extra 8 mil tied up in cap space under the tag. It would be hard enough trying to justify 20 million for a backup QB, much less 28 mil. Ultimately I think the Eagles do exercise the 20 mil option, Foles opts out for the 2 mil and he walks as a free agent. The Eagles won't tag him and we get back a 3rd rounder in compensation in the 2020 Draft.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what point? this is an opinionated thread about foles and wentz. just about everyone has kept it civil and has added respectable debate to the conversation. except for you, of course. like i said, you're nothing but a corny troll. that stuff was funny for about 5 minutes in 1990 something. when people do it these days, it reeks more of some kind of mental issue.

clean off the feces spewing from your mouth and dripping down your chin. and stop referring to others as idiots and morons behind a screen, especially after declaring you wanted a defending superbowl champion to piss off their MVP QB and veteran team by purposely tanking.

complains about civil discourse...

you are the absolute worst.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You still haven't been able to articulate what this team actually won.

I hate that I was right... but I was. We should have tanked because the only thing we won was a worse draft pick. Unless you have a wildcard weekend t-shirt, then it was all worth it.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After thinking it through I think this is what happens with Foles. The Eagles "will" pick up the 20 mil option without giving Foles any guarantees with respect to trading him. Personal feelings aside, business is business and this would be the most logical move for the team to make with respect to getting something back in trade. Foles obviously has the 2 million out clause should he choose to exercise it. He has 5 days to exercise the clause ... if he does not take the out then the Eagles will likely turn right around and trade him for the best offer. I "do not" think the Franchise tag would be an option as the Franchise Tag money becomes guaranteed as soon as Foles signs it (which Foles could sign immediately). He would be a more attractive trade target at 20 million than at 28 million ... plus if the Eagles by chance can't find a trade partner then they would be stuck with an extra 8 mil tied up in cap space under the tag. It would be hard enough trying to justify 20 million for a backup QB, much less 28 mil. Ultimately I think the Eagles do exercise the 20 mil option, Foles opts out for the 2 mil and he walks as a free agent. The Eagles won't tag him and we get back a 3rd rounder in compensation in the 2020 Draft.

What's the point of tagging him if you know he is going to opt out? $2M? Seems pretty petty, but you might be right.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the point of tagging him if you know he is going to opt out? $2M? Seems pretty petty, but you might be right.

Even if Foles lets them know that he would opt out ... the team may have to exercise the option in order to get Compensatory Compensation the following year (I don't know what the small print is on a 2 sided option). Also I don't know if the 2 million in bonus money that Foles would have to pay back would open up 2 mil more in cap space? I don't know how that would work ... they likely wouldn't make Foles pay it in reality, but they could certainly use an extra 2 mil in cap space.

If none of that is needed however to get back the Compensatory 3rd or the 2 million buy back wouldn't open up extra cap space ... then yeah, I think the Eagles simply part ways with Foles and he hits Unrestricted Free Agency. More than likely to the Jags.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if Foles lets them know that he would opt out ... the team may have to exercise the option in order to get Compensatory Compensation the following year (I don't know what the small print is on a 2 sided option). Also I don't know if the 2 million in bonus money that Foles would have to pay back would open up 2 mil more in cap space? I don't know how that would work though ...

If none of that is needed however to get back the Compensatory 3rd or the 2 million buy back wouldn't open up extra cap space ... then yeah, I think the Eagles simply part ways with Foles and he hits Unrestricted Free Agency. More than likely to the Jags.

Maybe... I guess it could be considered cut if you don't pickup the option and then you get no comp pick.

Sparky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can the combo of Foles and Wentz salaries be carried another year until Wentz signs his megadeal?

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can the combo of Foles and Wentz salaries be carried another year until Wentz signs his megadeal?

not if you want to keep everybody else on the team.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They can for one more year ... between the two it's like a Franchise tag. The question would be if they would want to? Would it be beneficial for Wentz to have Foles there every time something doesn't go right? Fans chanting Foles' name when drives stall or after an INT? Plus we are not in the greatest of cap situations this year ... we could use that extra 20 mil on building the team around Wentz or keeping free agents.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can for one more year ... between the two it's like a Franchise tag. The question would be if they would want to? Would it be beneficial for Wentz to have Foles there every time something doesn't go right? Fans chanting Foles' name when drives stall or after an INT? Plus we are not in the greatest of cap situations this year ... we could use that extra 20 mil on building the team around Wentz or keeping free agents.

Great focused comments on this topic today, Rey. That does feel like the most realistic situation....especially with the point that not taking the option could leave the Eagles with no compensatory.

I am all about $20M (maybe $22M) in cap space in one move. Yes, even if it is Nick....who I will miss a lot!

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Wentz goes down again next season that will be 3 in a row. Philly fans will NOT be impressed with the outlook.

I truly understand the injury concern about Wentz and if the argument is that we need a quality backup because of that I honestly cannot dispute it. However, you cannot keep a QB as good as Foles as a backup. My personal opinion is that Foles is easily the best backup in the NFL. With that said I believe there are at least 10 teams where he could go into a training camp and take the starting job from the incumbent QB. The Eagles is not one of those teams.

However the argument that Foles should stay because he is the better QB or better fit is just stupid (not saying you said that). For one Foles is neither the better QB or the better fit and to be honest I can only think of one person here that believes that...well the better fit part I can't say for certain he believes Foles is the better QB.

NFL teams cannot operate under the premise that their star players will get hurt. That will doom a team. The era of the salary cap does not allow for teams to overspend for backups like you could 25+ years ago. Teams can only hope that players will not get hurt but we have to understand that football is a violent sport and injuries will happen I have never seen a team deal with more injuries like the Eagles did this year. No NFL team can keep a backup QB with starter salary. That is a complete waste of money to be honest. The Eagles have some holes that need filling.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Name Nick Foles' last 16 game season.

Name a throw Nick Foles makes that Wentz can't make.

Name a player on the team playing harder for Nick Foles than for Wentz.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What if he only gets you to the NFC Championship game? Would you feel a somewhat injury prone Wentz is worth more than Foles and an extra 1st and 3rd round pick?
Foles is the better QB in my opinion.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Name Nick Foles' last 16 game season.

Name a throw Nick Foles makes that Wentz can't make.

Name a player on the team playing harder for Nick Foles than for Wentz.
Foles got the Eagles into the playoffs two straight seasons while Mr. Glass was injured both times.