• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

i'm all for trading wentz now

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foles is better than Wentz or Dak.
FemaleTautAruanas-size_restricted.gif

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We get that you have a chubby for Wentz, and he may yet prove to be a reliable starter but that day is not today. The Eagles will likely roll the dice on Wentz because of the great season he had in 2017 before his first season ending injury. But after his second season ending injury it's definitely a dice roll. Let's see what happens next year.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We get that you have a chubby for Wentz, and he may yet prove to be a reliable starter but that day is not today. The Eagles will likely roll the dice on Wentz because of the great season he had in 2017 before his first season ending injury. But after his second season ending injury it's definitely a dice roll. Let's see what happens next year.

In what ways is Foles better than Wentz? <insert SB MVP pic> I get it. That isn't the argument.

Do stats prove he is better? No.

Playing a full 16 game season? nope.

What actually proves it? Somebody has to be able to explain it.

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In what ways is Foles better than Wentz? <insert SB MVP pic> I get it. That isn't the argument.

Do stats prove he is better? No.

Playing a full 16 game season? nope.

What actually proves it? Somebody has to be able to explain it.

Dude, read my post before you reply. I talk about QB fragility, not whose the better QB. The Eagles are rolling the dice in the hopes that Wentz doesn't have a third season ending injury. That's what it is!!!!!

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The area Wentz does have to improve on (injury or 100%) is getting rid of that ball quicker. That was the big difference I saw as compared to last year ... I don't know if the coaching staff just made things more complicated thinking he was ready for it? Another thing is that he needs to spread the ball out more ... I get that he had trust in Ertz, but you have to keep the rest of the targets involved.

Guy Incognito

Crack a window, will ya?
Hoopla Cash
$ 342.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, read my post before you reply. I talk about QB fragility, not whose the better QB. The Eagles are rolling the dice in the hopes that Wentz doesn't have a third season ending injury. That's what it is!!!!!
Foles has ended the season on IR twice. It's not like Foles is some Brett Favre indestructible object.

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foles has ended the season on IR twice. It's not like Foles is some Brett Favre indestructible object.
Not sure what the point is. So Wentz and Foles are tied? Well Foles is still a Philly hero and Wentz isn't. I wish Wentz the best cuz I'm an Eagles fan. Time for him to shine. Big Dick Nick has done his thing for Philly and is heading down the road, wherever that may be. He will be missed.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They knew this when they drafted him. He didn't play full seasons in college either.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't know that. They better cough up the 20mil for Foles to hold a clipboard then.

Not going to happen and to be honest it is not fiscally responsible either. The team has needs and cannot afford to shell out $20 mil for a backup QB.

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not going to happen and to be honest it is not fiscally responsible either. The team has needs and cannot afford to shell out $20 mil for a backup QB.
Yeah I know. The birds are trapped. They want to go with Wentz but there are huge questions regarding his durability and they have a Super Bowl MVP backup they can't afford. Bad juju.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I know. The birds are trapped. They want to go with Wentz but there are huge questions regarding his durability and they have a Super Bowl MVP backup they can't afford. Bad juju.
Foles durability is questionable too.

My point was that Wentz isn't really any different now than he was when they drafted him. So nothing has changed really. He has top 5 QB upside. You work towards developing that still. Those guys are hard to get.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, after reading up more on the Eagles' options with Foles ... I now think there is a realistic chance that the Eagles do in fact Franchise Foles and trade him to either the Jags or the Dolphins in a pre-franchise tag agreement; much like the Patriots did with Matt Cassel. I don't think the 20 mil team option will come into play at all because Foles will nullify it by paying the 2 mil to buy his free agency (pointless for Foles to settle for 20 when he can get a long term deal in free agency or get 9 mil more if Franchised) ... the Eagles would then still place the Tag on him, but why bother with that extra step to begin with. Foles would still have to sign the Franchise tag designation in order for the Eagles to own his rights and be able to trade him, but I think that would just be a formality. The Jags in particular are a dream fit for Foles ... stacked Defense, good RB, decent receivers, but they have been saddled with a horrible QB in Blake Bortles. And for the icing on the cake, he would go right into an Offense he already knows with Jags new OC John DeFilippo. The Dolphins could make things interesting if they do in fact move on from Ryan Tannehill (which is rumored) and get in on the action with a proposal. Ultimately though I think the Jags situation is a win/win for both teams ... compensation would probably be the Jags 2nd round pick (early Rd 2 pick) and probably a 4th or 5th as a sweetener. That would give us our 1st rounder and three 2nds to help replenish young talent.