• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

i'm all for trading wentz now

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yesterday was a prime example of why we need to keep foles over wentz. some people will say foles had a bad game. but did he? NO. he made one mistake, underthrowing a deep ball to ertz for an INT. he was taking on a 13-3 team (would have been 14-2 if they needed the win) who is extremely tough to beat at home, rested and coming off a bye week.

foles was superb early on and jumped on them for a 14-0 lead. we have no running game whatsoever. and later on the saints basically ate the whole 3rd quarter clock. but it's his phenomenal pocket prescene that helps drive the team and give them a chance. no sacks, no fumbles, no risky scrambles. he knows how and when to always get rid of the ball. it's how you control field position, avoid penalties and keep your team in the game no matter what.

and just like the last drive, he is straight clutch. he doesn't panic, finds the open receivers and puts the ball where they can catch it. if not for alshon's deflection, there is a solid chance we win.

wentz hasn't even played in a postseason game yet. he's already had a serious injury and missed time this year with another. we already have a QB that CAN win big games. passing that up to go with a different QB who "might" show slightly more talent one day is a FATAL mistake. we don't need more talent at the QB spot. we need youth, depth, balance and money.

keep foles and trade wentz for players/picks so we can start reloading. if we keep wentz, it's going to eventually be years of cap hell, underachieving, injury concerns and "maybe next year" moments. i'll say it again, FATAL mistake. no one will remember.. but don't be shocked if we're nothing but a 7-9, 8-8 type team for most of the 2020's because wentz never hits his full potential and we cannot support him properly due to his contract.

This guy would have traded Aaron Rodgers when he saw that Favre still wanted to throw the ball.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and that's exactly why you do it. foles has already established the fact he can win big. wentz has not. so you go to the next question; if wentz CAN win big, how much more could he possibly do than what foles already has and is capable of?!

wentz is perfect trade bait to a desperate team. the jags immediately stand out.

foles, some extra money, players, picks > wentz. to me, it's not even close.

Extra money? Wentz is under team control for $4M next year. Foles is a free agent and has a $20M option. If Foles picks up that option, the Eagles are $14m OVER the cap. Foles will get offers for more than that $20M elsewhere, and the Eagles have some free agent decisions to make (Graham, Tate, Darby, Hicks, etc.)

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If only the team would have thought about HFA rather than having a 1 game at a time attitude that turned around the season.

And hindsight being 20/20... My plan of losing every game would have worked out better for the 2019 Eagles.

Enjoy wearing your Wildcard Weekend Victory T-Shirt.

i'm not the coach, nor a team spokeman, you dummy. i'm a fan talking amongst others fans about how important it is we don't choke away games. my simplistic view on playing at home has/had no bearing whatsoever on what the eagles were thinking, how they were going to play or how they approach things.

i wasn't cursing them out, demanding they reconsider their thought process. i explained the obvious, that the close losses were going to haunt us in the chase for HFA, which is crucial. and it sure as hell did.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. 100%

Last year's SuperBowl team had the best record in the NFL because a healthy Wentz was playing QB.

healthy or not, you will NEVER have that same wentz again who was running around wreckless. diving head first, taking hits, flying through the air. THAT opened huge real estate in the passing game for him. no one is scared of this any more. no one needs to plan for it.

as a straight up pocket passer, wentz is NOT worth the value. he holds on to the ball too long, stares down his main or secondary read, has fumbling issues and health concerns.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This guy would have traded Aaron Rodgers when he saw that Favre still wanted to throw the ball.

good call. what was favre, like 38? when rodgers finally took over. at 30 years old next week, foles is knocking down that door! rodgers was coming off major injuries too. oh, wait.

got you stretching and reaching like a champ.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm not the coach, nor a team spokeman, you dummy. i'm a fan talking amongst others fans about how important it is we don't choke away games. my simplistic view on playing at home has/had no bearing whatsoever on what the eagles were thinking, how they were going to play or how they approach things.

i wasn't cursing them out, demanding they reconsider their thought process. i explained the obvious, that the close losses were going to haunt us in the chase for HFA, which is crucial. and it sure as hell did.

derp.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Extra money? Wentz is under team control for $4M next year. Foles is a free agent and has a $20M option. If Foles picks up that option, the Eagles are $14m OVER the cap. Foles will get offers for more than that $20M elsewhere, and the Eagles have some free agent decisions to make (Graham, Tate, Darby, Hicks, etc.)

i don't just care about next year, i care about the long term future. if foles were to be the QB, one assumes he would work a deal somewhat favorable to the eagles (in the sense that it would be significantly cheaper over the long run than what wentz will command soon enough.)

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
healthy or not, you will NEVER have that same wentz again who was running around wreckless. diving head first, taking hits, flying through the air. THAT opened huge real estate in the passing game for him. no one is scared of this any more. no one needs to plan for it.

as a straight up pocket passer, wentz is NOT worth the value. he holds on to the ball too long, stares down his main or secondary read, has fumbling issues and health concerns.

you make those last assumptions based on the injured Wentz you saw play in 2018. Fully healed, I expect him to run around like in 2017.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i don't just care about next year, i care about the long term future. if foles were to be the QB, one assumes he would work a deal somewhat favorable to the eagles (in the sense that it would be significantly cheaper over the long run than what wentz will command soon enough.)

because Nick Foles hates money?

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good call. what was favre, like 38? when rodgers finally took over. at 30 years old next week, foles is knocking down that door! rodgers was coming off major injuries too. oh, wait.

got you stretching and reaching like a champ.

you should just own it like your idiotic HFA planning in week 4.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you make those last assumptions based on the injured Wentz you saw play in 2018. Fully healed, I expect him to run around like in 2017.

:pound:

good luck with that.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:pound:

good luck with that.

He looked like a 1 legged QB out there this year and still threw the ball with decent accuracy. Just couldn't move well in the pocket leading to your concerns about sacks and fumbles.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If he doesn't take his $20M option, he's gone somewhere else for more. Philly is not trading Wentz to make room for Foles. You're acting like Wentz wasn't as good this year; take a look at their stats. He's still their QB of the future.

Wentz: 11g, 69.6%, 3074 yds, 7.7 avg, 21 TD, 7 INT, 31 sacks, 64.9 QBR, 102.2 RTG
Foles: 5g, 72.3%, 1413 yds, 7.2 avg, 7 TD, 4 INT, 9 sacks, 69.5 QBR, 96 RTG

Most stats are similar, other than Wentz' sacks (limited mobility with his brace and still recovering from his injury) and Wentz' better TD and INT rates. Wentz is still recovering and will get better as he gets healthy. Foles is what he is.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The trade Wentz and keep Foles was more than likely never considered by the Eagles front office. Rightfully so because to be honest it would be just dumb to do such a thing. There is one thing that is clearly without debate. Carson Wentz in only his 3rd season is a better QB the Nick Foles.

This is what I find laughable. The fact that Foles has been given credit for the teams recent success and these same individuals fail to acknowledge the offense was COMPLETELY changed when it was finally realized it was not working. I will beat this dead horse into the ground but as soon as Pederson stopped calling all those stupid play action passes the offense moved better and it had nothing to do with Foles. For the record I think Foles is a good QB but if Carson Wentz got to run the same offense he would have put up better numbers IMO because he is the better QB.

You guys do realize that we put up only 16 and 14 points in 2 playoff games right? That is actually bad. Are we going to ignore that? Those of you that want Wentz traded would have wanted him executed for those performances. 15 points a game is horrible for playoff teams. If you are going to give Foles all the credit for teams success you need to acknowledge what he did not do as well and that is score points. So let’s put it in some more perspective.

The Eagles got a total of 550 yards in TWO playoff games. New England (498), Kansas City (433) and the Rams (459) put up comparable numbers in just one game.

Of the teams that played in two playoff games we had the worst offensive output. The Chargers were close in yards (578) but they scored 3 times the points we did. The Cowboys (688) and the Colts (685) clearly outclassed us in yards.

So in closing my thought process is this. To keep the 2nd best QB on the team at a cost of 3 times higher (or more) than the QB that is better than him and on top of that to trade that franchise QB who almost everyone fan or analyst alike believe is the better QB is just fucking stupid.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The trade Wentz and keep Foles was more than likely never considered by the Eagles front office. Rightfully so because to be honest it would be just dumb to do such a thing. There is one thing that is clearly without debate. Carson Wentz in only his 3rd season is a better QB the Nick Foles.

This is what I find laughable. The fact that Foles has been given credit for the teams recent success and these same individuals fail to acknowledge the offense was COMPLETELY changed when it was finally realized it was not working. I will beat this dead horse into the ground but as soon as Pederson stopped calling all those stupid play action passes the offense moved better and it had nothing to do with Foles. For the record I think Foles is a good QB but if Carson Wentz got to run the same offense he would have put up better numbers IMO because he is the better QB.

You guys do realize that we put up only 16 and 14 points in 2 playoff games right? That is actually bad. Are we going to ignore that? Those of you that want Wentz traded would have wanted him executed for those performances. 15 points a game is horrible for playoff teams. If you are going to give Foles all the credit for teams success you need to acknowledge what he did not do as well and that is score points. So let’s put it in some more perspective.

The Eagles got a total of 550 yards in TWO playoff games. New England (498), Kansas City (433) and the Rams (459) put up comparable numbers in just one game.

Of the teams that played in two playoff games we had the worst offensive output. The Chargers were close in yards (578) but they scored 3 times the points we did. The Cowboys (688) and the Colts (685) clearly outclassed us in yards.

So in closing my thought process is this. To keep the 2nd best QB on the team at a cost of 3 times higher (or more) than the QB that is better than him and on top of that to trade that franchise QB who almost everyone fan or analyst alike believe is the better QB is just fucking stupid.

So so so much of this!!

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What made Wentz exceptional last season was his ability to extend the play after it breaks down - he was not able to do it as much this year because he was still recovering from the knee injury. The key for him moving forward is to not lose that, be smart about it, but at the same time see what Foles did well in the structure of the offense when he took over, and get the ball out faster. He has to take ownership of that, and the coaching staff must design the offense better around him to do the same. With another off-season to fully recover, I think we will see more of the MVP type guy in '19 than what we saw this year.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Nick Foles. Wentz is the future. Wish you the best Nick! Good luck with your new team next year Nick!

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i like how people in general keep belittling foles.

27 touchdowns, 2 picks.. ah well, he got lucky. it happens. led the eagles to their only superbowl and outplayed the legendary pats... ah well, he got lucky. it happens. saved the eagles season, led them to the playoffs, scored a tough road win and almost advanced to the NFC championship game with a beatup team.. ah well, he's ok, but his luck ran out.

dude keeps winning and messing with NFL and team records along the way. his teammates love him. he's a straight up pocket passer and gunslinger on a team that is geared towards pass heavy.

BUT..

that wentz cat who can't stay on the field, has 0 postseason appearances and hasn't proven a thing yet was a #2 pick. foles was just a 3rd rounder, so forget him.

no one has really dropped down a definitive answer as to what wentz can do that foles cannot. it's all.. wentz WOULD HAVE done this if he was healthy. wentz WOULD HAVE done that if pederson called this. wentz WOULD HAVE walked on water if he wanted to. just like the future talk. as of this second, wentz is 26. foles is 29. you'd think foles is 37 and just finished his 14th season here, so it's time to ride off into the sunset.

the same shit can keep getting cycled, but the reality always will be: the eagles have shown with their current system in place that FOLES CAN WIN. whether or not wentz can, does not matter. we just need one guy. you go with the one who is a champion and acquire as much talent as you can get from the other.

Sparky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The people who actually have to make that decision just not post an opinion with zero ramifications on a message board have serious thinking to do. But truth is by sticking with Wentz there is no risk, its the safe call. Trade Wentz and have it backfire and head be a rolling...

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The people who actually have to make that decision just not post an opinion with zero ramifications on a message board have serious thinking to do. But truth is by sticking with Wentz there is no risk, its the safe call. Trade Wentz and have it backfire and head be a rolling...

i agree with the first part. like i always say, it's all just opinions and we're free to have them.

highly disagree with the second part though. foles won the city's only superbowl. he was the MVP. he's broken records and led this team. he's "magic" to a lot of people. wentz has to live up to this now. if he can't win a superbowl, then he basically becomes a failure in this situation. and the worse it becomes, the nastier it gets.

if he were to get traded and foles doesn't win much, then you at least have what you received for wentz. he would have to kill it and be a top 3 QB for years and years for this to basically backfire. does anyone honestly believe that if he went to a team like the jags, especially if they possibly gave us ramsey and/or their 1st, that he would lead them to anything? i don't even know if they'd make the postseason right now.