• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If you could take over any Franchise...

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Max

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers. Give me that money, baby!!!

1375344264_tumblr_m1io31nBJW1rovmado1_500.gif

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers. I'm sure Max and I could do a better job than Jim Buss. Phil would be coach. Dwight would be starting at center. Jeanie would do another Playboy spread.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd take over the Mavs just to get Mark Cuban to shut up for about 10 seconds.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry about the draft pick link, just google NBA FUTURE DRAFT PICKS, several options pop up.

The Lakers are very intriguing because of the nearly empty roster (despite Kobe's crippling salary) but immediately you have no draft picks or tradeable assets. If my goal were to make money and bang ****stars, LAL are the team to have. Huge TV contracts, Kobe to sell tickets and the rest of the team is optional, if not unwanted.

My goal would be to win rings, I want draft options and an open roster. Right now I am leaning Boston for their 2 1st rounders per year for the next 4 years all of which are unprotected. Already having a PG and a hopeful star at center filling in the pieces should be easy.

Lone Granger

Superstar
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd take over the Heat and play Wade 48 minutes a game while benching LeBron. Id drive that franchise into the ground, take my check and walk out the door.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Botslayer

Of course Boston looks good but also teams like Atlanta, Phoenix, Utah, heck even Cleveland is still fascinating. Phoenix like Boston traded away old vets at the perfect time.

I would not take over NY teams, or Chicago.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd take over the Heat and play Wade 48 minutes a game while benching LeBron. Id drive that franchise into the ground, take my check and walk out the door.

I would also take over the Heat, but I would 1st move the team to another city since Miami is full of bandwagon fans that have no knowledge of the game what so ever. It's pathetic if you think about it :lol:

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Botslayer

Of course Boston looks good but also teams like Atlanta, Phoenix, Utah, heck even Cleveland is still fascinating. Phoenix like Boston traded away old vets at the perfect time.

I would not take over NY teams, or Chicago.

ATL and PHO were both high on my list. I love that ATL is very versatile in the where they can go next to add strength. I do not like that all of PHO's incoming '14 draft picks are protected and their future looks good, just not great. Of the 3 I would take UT.

My strong annoyance with how Cleveland has squandered yet another golden ticket rules them out. If I could have them starting in 2003 or 2011 then yes sir.

Their failings with LBJ was a problem of circumstance. LBJ was too good for them to be in the lottery but 1 player will never be good enough to win a ring. It would also seem no free agent was willing to live in Cleveland meaning draft building and trading are the only way to acquire assets and when you only have one tradeable asset you are stuck.

In 2011, 1st thing I would do is hire the most advanced personal trainers and dietitians the world has to offer.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoever is the biggest threat to the Spurs and dismantle their ass.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, how about taking over the Heat, trading LeClown to the Bobcats, and seeing how many dudes around here switch allegiances...

My hatred for incompetence would out weight my enjoyment of watching LBJ play I am afraid...same if he signs with the Cavs.

Lone Granger

Superstar
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, how about taking over the Heat, trading LeClown to the Bobcats, and seeing how many dudes around here switch allegiances...

The Bobcats would all of a sudden be seen on national TV, a lot, and you would start to see d-bags wearing Cats jerseys all over the place.