• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If Rivers gets a ring this year

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL at Rivers getting a ring.

But Eli is still not in Philip's class, though. Rivers is miles away the better QB and it isn't close.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You serious Clark?

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A couple years ago and I was more high on it. I think it's too easy to fool the formula in this day and age, however. Was a better setup for 70's, 80's, 90's football.

Even prior to 04 when they didn't enforce the no contact after 5 yard rule. Guys then were running in the 80's and 90s passer ratings. Brady had the best td/ratio at like 2.8-1 . Then Manning bitched about getting muckled by Ty law, getting picked 4 times and Polian being part of the committee had them start reinforcing it. Since 07, Brady has thrown 364 TD- 90 int so 4-1 ratio , huge difference and 100+ rating. And of course much harder in 60.70.80.90's like you said, they didn't protect the QB like they do know. Palmer and Brady , can't take out legs and Rodgers, how to tackle QB and not drive into ground

Last edited:

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even prior to 04 when they didn't enforce the no contact after 5 yard rule. Guys then were running in the 80's and 90s passer ratings. Brady had the best td/ratio at like 2.8-1 . Then Manning bitched about getting muckled by Ty law, getting picked 4 times and Polian being part of the committee had them start reinforcing it. Since 07, Brady has thrown 364 TD- 90 int so 4-1 ratio and , huge difference and 100+ rating. And of course much harder in 60.70.80.90's like you said, they didn't protect the QB like they do know. Palmer and Brady , can't take out legs and Rodgers, how to tackle QB and not drive into ground
This is a very good post. Peyton broke passer rating in more ways than one.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
John Elway, Dan Marino, and Jim Kelly was a much better class.

Yup....not really even close IMO. Both Marino and Elway were largely thought of by many as the best QB period at the time, and that can't be said for anyone from 2004. Both of those guys were auto HOF'ers mid way through their careers....again...same can't be said for 2004. I'd certainly take Marino or Elway over anything offered from the latter group, given an equal (era) playing field, and I haven't even mentioned Jim Kelly's name yet.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup....not really even close IMO. Both Marino and Elway were largely thought of by many as the best QB period at the time, and that can't be said for anyone from 2004. Both of those guys were auto HOF'ers mid way through their careers....again...same can't be said for 2004. I'd certainly take Marino or Elway over anything offered from the latter group, given an equal (era) playing field, and I haven't even mentioned Jim Kelly's name yet.
Yeah, I completely forgot about that class. Definitely miles better than 2004. Will wait and see what these kids do but I have serious doubts they are even close when all is said and done. No knock on them either. I'm sure Mahomes is the real deal and I love watching Watson but I'm worried a little about his long term health and I'm not sold on Trubisky yet. Not gonna jump on that bandwagon. I've seen the hype blow up before. Like 2012.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i forgot about that class as well

Shane_O_Mac812

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Not a rivals poster at all. Don't even know what Rivals is. Secondly, I only did the facepalms because you guys were crying like children over a rating that means nothing.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
s
1. Not a rivals poster at all. Don't even know what Rivals is. Secondly, I only did the facepalms because you guys were crying like children over a rating that means nothing.
so instead of adding to conversation, or giving input u neg posts like a little B, got it

Shane_O_Mac812

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lighten up there Francis, no need to try to talk tough behind a keyboard princess. It was all in good fun, but you really do take these ratings seriously huh. They won't help you get pussy or anything I assure you, chicks don't care.

Shane_O_Mac812

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you want my honest take on the topic at hand. It doesn't matter if Rivers gets a ring or not. He is already the best qb from that draft class. Rings are a team stat and will always be a team stat. No one will argue that Trent Dilfer is better than Marino so I don't know why people use the ring argument for any other qb's. Roethlisberger is good but IMO Rivers has always been just a notch below the elite category.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think its nuts that the Chiefs haven't won a home playoff game since grunge music and Sega Genesis and people are rooting for Philip Rivers.

The Chargers have been the only team in the AFC West with a stable franchise QB during his tenure. Heck, the Broncos won a Super Bowl with a Peyton Manning that couldn't move his own neck and they had to struggle through years where they had Tim Tebow setting the game back fifty years and one year where Jamarcus Russell knocked them out of the playoffs.

No idea why you'd root for Rivers but I guess I'm biased.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lighten up there Francis, no need to try to talk tough behind a keyboard princess. It was all in good fun, but you really do take these ratings seriously huh. They won't help you get pussy or anything I assure you, chicks don't care.
honestly bud, im sheerly busting your balls:suds:. Most of us don't take things too serious, and when comments are made like that its in jest. Welcome aboard

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you want my honest take on the topic at hand. It doesn't matter if Rivers gets a ring or not. He is already the best qb from that draft class. Rings are a team stat and will always be a team stat. No one will argue that Trent Dilfer is better than Marino so I don't know why people use the ring argument for any other qb's. Roethlisberger is good but IMO Rivers has always been just a notch below the elite category.
wait wait wait, so ben has rings, ben has wins, ben has the stats, but rivers is betteR?

Shane_O_Mac812

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said, this is simply my opinion which in the grand scheme of things means dick. I personally just think a bit more of Rivers. Could be biased since I hate the Steelers more than any team not named the Patriots, don't know, I just always liked Rivers more.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said, this is simply my opinion which in the grand scheme of things means dick. I personally just think a bit more of Rivers. Could be biased since I hate the Steelers more than any team not named the Patriots, don't know, I just always liked Rivers more.
got yah, thats fair enough, cant dispute personal opinions. Like i said earlier in the thread. i personally feel BOTH ben and rivers have been vastly underrated their entire careers. for me personally
Ben

Rivers

ELI-and hes still had a good career

Ben just has accomplished more in wins, titles, stats. And the argument rivers never had dominant teams is just pureBS. If Rivers wins one, him and been are neck and neck, again my opinion