• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Huskies 2019 season

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very tall order.

I think the best argument you could make for such a statement is that UW has great coaching, and a lot of potential.
And this as their schedule...
2019 Washington Football Schedule | FBSchedules.com

Schedules matter very much with the imbalanced schedules in every conference. Stanford and Oregon both have more issues on theirs. They do have to take Eastern and Cal seriously, but both home games to open. Both should still allow them to be less than perfect and still be in them. Hawaii and @ BYU give them a couple of more before a home game with USC. Not a bad stretch for a team with so many unknowns.

Enough to be a final 4 contender? I highly doubt it, but can't rule it out. Spiker combined with Chico coming back could be huge. While they almost certainly will take a step back on their running game, they should take two forward on the passing game.

And I've said all along I'm not making any predictions until at least the second week of fall camp.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And this as their schedule...
2019 Washington Football Schedule | FBSchedules.com

Schedules matter very much with the imbalanced schedules in every conference. Stanford and Oregon both have more issues on theirs. They do have to take Eastern and Cal seriously, but both home games to open. Both should still allow them to be less than perfect and still be in them. Hawaii and @ BYU give them a couple of more before a home game with USC. Not a bad stretch for a team with so many unknowns.

Enough to be a final 4 contender? I highly doubt it, but can't rule it out. Spiker combined with Chico coming back could be huge. While they almost certainly will take a step back on their running game, they should take two forward on the passing game.

And I've said all along I'm not making any predictions until at least the second week of fall camp.

Definitely a lot of questions. I tend to take the more reserved position with these things. When there is such a high turnover at such important positions, it's hard to determine how we will do.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
brtop25.jpg

rightstuff

Trump convicted on Washing Money.LOL.
Hoopla Cash
$ 13.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And no major wins outside of the conference to show for all of that talent.

Eason needs to help guide this team to some freaking scoring.

I agree 100% Browning Holds the useless records, Never Won a huge Game.
Eason has a chance to Hold Real Records.
I went to EVERY home game in '18, won them all. Great times.
Time for someone to WIN a MEANIFUL game. C'mon Eason. I Believe in You.

Eason was named starting QB? Link please.

You want another guy? Eason shall be equated the starting QB job. IMO.

rightstuff

Trump convicted on Washing Money.LOL.
Hoopla Cash
$ 13.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want whoever does the best during camp. With that said I'm pulling for Jake Haener.

Seriously. I’ll say it now. Huskies better have Eason or we are “Omared”.
Translation. Let’s not be screwed.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have plenty of options and wouldn't be the first team to pick the wrong one, shifted early on, and went on a streak.

I really don't care who they name. They have choices. Just pick the best option for this year and get him on the same page as those young receivers and get that continuity rolling.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2019-

I don't see the defense dropping off since it wasn't a stellar (stat wise) unit last year. This system is a plug and go, meaning next guy up, and they played a lot of younger guys on that side of the ball last season. I think some of these incoming freshmen could see the field as early as this fall.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's great and dandy, but that stat needs to show in the win lose column.
When you go and pluck the 5* and 4* kids their ego's are a little larger and their commitment to "team" is a little blurry, lets see if this coaching staff can keep them in line and focused

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you go and pluck the 5* and 4* kids their ego's are a little larger and their commitment to "team" is a little blurry, lets see if this coaching staff can keep them in line and focused
It comes down to the OC and QB development imo. Two things UW has sadly lacked of late.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It comes down to the OC and QB development imo. Two things UW has sadly lacked of late.

I'll give you the OC but QB coach can't/shouldn't be judge until we see how this stable of QB's on campus now plays. I think its hard judging a coaching job that had a player for four years and was told this is our starter no matter what.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2019-

I don't see the defense dropping off since it wasn't a stellar (stat wise) unit last year. This system is a plug and go, meaning next guy up, and they played a lot of younger guys on that side of the ball last season. I think some of these incoming freshmen could see the field as early as this fall.

I like your optimism, but I'm skeptical.

You can make the argument that the Husky defense wasn't stellar statistically due to the nature of the bend but don't break nature of the Husky defense. Even then, they still led the PAC-12 in most standard defensive categories. #5 in the country in PPG allowed is also pretty impressive considering we didn't have a great special teams to put them in the best position.

We also lose all starters in the secondary aside from our nickel. We lose our best linebacker and our best defensive lineman.

This isn't to say that the defense can still be good in 2019; there is a lot of young talent coming in and we are fortunate to have a great coaching staff, but it is difficult to replace experienced players.

Hopefully you're right and the guys who step in to replace the departed players will do their jobs well.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Considering the selectivity of offers given out by the UW coaching staff and their proven track record, I'm not too concerned about their commitment to the team. I don't think the coaching staff would extend an offer to a guy unless they think they're all in. If they aren't committed, there will be someone hungry behind them trying to prove that they deserve a shot.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's fucking depressing.