• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Huskies 2019 season

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eason I believe will be the favorite to win the job, but there is a hell of a lot of talent competing for that starting position. I'm excited to watch whoever wins the job.
Kind of stoked hearing Murphy say they had to use perfect technique to cover because he was nearly automatic throwing dimes exactly where they needed to be.

This offense should be a lot more exciting this year, but a deep passing heavy offense also means more turnovers. Remember that back in the James era with some of those slingers.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also the thing to watch out for in spring ball will be how fast does the offense catch up/pass the defense? This team has been deadly in that secondary and defense overall in recent years. I do expect the offense to improve, but if they drop a lot of dimes on that defense it may make you wonder how much of a step back that unit is taking with Rapp, Murphy, and the rest that moved on this year. I'd still like to see them make the offense uncomfortable and get some kind of pass rush.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of stoked hearing Murphy say they had to use perfect technique to cover because he was nearly automatic throwing dimes exactly where they needed to be.

This offense should be a lot more exciting this year, but a deep passing heavy offense also means more turnovers. Remember that back in the James era with some of those slingers.

Everyone has talked about how incredible he has been with the scout team.

Should be interesting to see how the offense will be effected having a QB of Eason's talent running the offense. I don't want to jump the gun, but I'm really excited to see what he can do.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also the thing to watch out for in spring ball will be how fast does the offense catch up/pass the defense? This team has been deadly in that secondary and defense overall in recent years. I do expect the offense to improve, but if they drop a lot of dimes on that defense it may make you wonder how much of a step back that unit is taking with Rapp, Murphy, and the rest that moved on this year. I'd still like to see them make the offense uncomfortable and get some kind of pass rush.

I hate to say it but after losing 4 starters in the secondary, our best linebacker and our best defensive lineman, I think the defense will be taking a step back in 2019. There's a lot of great young talent coming in, but we do lose a lot of experience. Hopefully those young guys will really step up.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UW men's basketball just beat Oregon State on the road 79-69. I believe the Dawgs were 3 point underdogs. At one point we led by 20 points, got a bit sloppy in the final 5 or so minutes.

This puts us at 16-4 and 7-0 in conference play.

Broadcaster said that 7-0 is the best start in conference play we've had since the 1952-1953 season.

In terms of overall record, the only season that has had a better start this century was the 2004-2005 season when we started 17-3.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to say it but after losing 4 starters in the secondary, our best linebacker and our best defensive lineman, I think the defense will be taking a step back in 2019. There's a lot of great young talent coming in, but we do lose a lot of experience. Hopefully those young guys will really step up.
The only reason I pause is because we said the exact same thing when Budda, King, and Jones left. Even BKK was a nice surprise, but all of these kids jumped right in.

It's a tall order to expect it again, but they've done it before so we will see in spring what happens.

Also, I won't make any real guesses until we know if Lake is staying or not. Those bama rumors are still out there and who knows if any teams might call on him for HC or something else. Most of those bigger slots are filled, but every year we hold our breath waiting for that day he announces he's moving on and I'll keep on doing it until he does.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only reason I pause is because we said the exact same thing when Budda, King, and Jones left. Even BKK was a nice surprise, but all of these kids jumped right in.

It's a tall order to expect it again, but they've done it before so we will see in spring what happens.

Also, I won't make any real guesses until we know if Lake is staying or not. Those bama rumors are still out there and who knows if any teams might call on him for HC or something else. Most of those bigger slots are filled, but every year we hold our breath waiting for that day he announces he's moving on and I'll keep on doing it until he does.

That's true and many (most? maybe all?) of the replacements are guys who were higher rated coming out of high school for what that's worth.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paul Barrett (@paulbarrett6) | Twitter

paulbarret.jpg

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is good news for the Dawgs. I'm unsure what the circumstances were regarding him briefly leaving the program, but to me he didn't look full speed in 2018. Hopefully he'll be able to come back in 2019 better than ever!

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And no major wins outside of the conference to show for all of that talent.

Eason needs to help guide this team to some freaking scoring.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Common sense. Get some. :L

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tall order, but not impossible. Lost a ton on defense and regardless of who is at QB I think everyone thinks the passing game will improve, but replacing Gaskin's productivity is also a concern.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tall order, but not impossible. Lost a ton on defense and regardless of who is at QB I think everyone thinks the passing game will improve, but replacing Gaskin's productivity is also a concern.

Very tall order.

I think the best argument you could make for such a statement is that UW has great coaching, and a lot of potential.

On offense; we get Hunter Bryant back for an entire season. 4/5 of our offensive line will be back. All of the leading WRs return, Chico will be back in the program and hopefully 100%. Osbourne and Spiker have boatloads of talent despite not seeing the field in 2018. Salvon Ahmed is extremely talented and while Gaskin was out, McGrew and Pleasant showed promise. Lastly and perhaps most importantly, Eason can do things that Browning just wasn't able to. At times I felt as if the playbook was limited by the throws that Browning was capable of making.

Defensively; to say we lost a lot would probably be an understatement. The upside is that the guys coming in as replacements were all much higher rated as recruits than the men who left the program - for whatever worth you place in that. The biggest issue is experience.

Long story short if all those guys played up to their potential and lack of experience isn't an issue (it is) then that argument could be made, but I don't believe it's a strong one. I think the 2019 season could either be a brief step back, or a resurgence depending on how the replacements play. As of right now with so many question marks, to definitively claim that UW should be in the 2019 playoff conversation would be an OD-tier argument.

If someone were to ask me what I think the over/under in wins should be for the Huskies in 2019 I'd say I don't know yet.