• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Huskies 2018 season

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure we have all been asking that question for weeks now.

Petersen is beyond frustrated and so is everyone else. He is on record many times over his coaching career with putting blame on coaches for not having their team ready. He has to be asking why they are in this spot and I'm not sure how it's possible to not come up with the easy open obvious answer.

It isn't that Hamdan alone is the problem, but when things are THIS bad for all of the season then you have to address every single thing you can improve for next year. Hamdan has to be a part of that solution. If he doesn't make a move he isn't an elite coach IMO.

It's just strange for a head coach to fire someone after a year at offensive coordinator. I'd like to see a move, but I question how likely it is. If the team were to continue trending down, I'd assume there would be no other option.

Bob Gregory has been with the team for a while now, but I think he needs to be looked at as well. He is currently the special teams coordinator and the Huskies special teams unit has been absolutely awful and there is no excuse for that with the talent we have on this football team. Saw some ranking that had us at 100 something in the nation in special teams, that is completely inexcusable.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just strange for a head coach to fire someone after a year at offensive coordinator. I'd like to see a move, but I question how likely it is. If the team were to continue trending down, I'd assume there would be no other option.

Bob Gregory has been with the team for a while now, but I think he needs to be looked at as well. He is currently the special teams coordinator and the Huskies special teams unit has been absolutely awful and there is no excuse for that with the talent we have on this football team. Saw some ranking that had us at 100 something in the nation in special teams, that is completely inexcusable.
Not if your Nick Saban. You either do shit right or your gone when you work for him.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes, it's only been one year, but we are not seeing growth and progress.

That's the question I have about his rise as an elite level HC, vs an overachieving mid-major mentality HC. He has the tools to go attract a proven offensive mind with experience at the kinds of adjustments and scheming this level demands. We aren't getting there off his tutelage alone so who can develop Haman into that if you did want to use patience? There isn't an offensive college course he can take in the offseason.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll agree the student section won't be full. They've had a hard time since the remodel of filling it even when they are doing well. I don't know how much this loss will limit the alumni from showing up, but they aren't going to be the support the team has been used to recently.

I'm not writing the game off by any stretch. Just saying there are many layers to this challenge and I have no idea if this staff is up to meeting all of them or not.
Maybe you've heard, but they have resorted to giving out free shit to the students during the 3rd quarter in attempt to keep them from all leaving at half time. It's pathetic.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe you've heard, but they have resorted to giving out free shit to the students during the 3rd quarter in attempt to keep them from all leaving at half time. It's pathetic.
No, but at least they are doing something I guess.

they can't seem to understand the booze issue so at least trying to get the students to hang out until the alumni can stream back in from that cluster fuck beer garden is something? :noidea:

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, but at least they are doing something I guess.

they can't seem to understand the booze issue so at least trying to get the students to hang out until the alumni can stream back in from that cluster fuck beer garden is something? :noidea:

The booze issue is an easy fix, sell beer at concessions. And yeah, I don’t blame them for trying to keep them there, just sad they have to.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you're drunk, tired and sobering up and UW is clobbering some school you didn't even know excited, you'd probably want to leave too.

You know what would solve all of this?

Legalized cocaine. Create a cocaine garden behind the student section. Problem solved.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The booze issue is an easy fix, sell beer at concessions. And yeah, I don’t blame them for trying to keep them there, just sad they have to.

What's the explanation for them not selling beer at the concessions? It makes absolutely no fucking sense to me. If I'm sobering up, getting tired and want a beer I have to wait in line at one of those stupid ass beer gardens and I can't even see the fucking game in there. I have to go in there, chug the $10 beer as quickly as possible and borderline jog back to my seats.

Such a pain in the ass.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're drunk, tired and sobering up and UW is clobbering some school you didn't even know excited, you'd probably want to leave too.

Legalized cocaine. Create a cocaine garden behind the student section. Problem solved.
I vote for stripper poles at the bottom of every set of stairs in the student section. Let them all work it out themselves from there.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Legalized cocaine is an idea I can get behind.

But the point is, that section never fills up until the second quarter and thins out after half time, regardless of the game and how it's going. I get it, college... But game day partying and overdoing it in college wasn't invented in the last 8 years, but for some reason this issue seems to have sprung up within that time, or at least gotten exponentially worse.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the explanation for them not selling beer at the concessions? It makes absolutely no fucking sense to me. If I'm sobering up, getting tired and want a beer I have to wait in line at one of those stupid ass beer gardens and I can't even see the fucking game in there. I have to go in there, chug the $10 beer as quickly as possible and borderline jog back to my seats.

Such a pain in the ass.
I've never understood it. I used to think it was Pac 12 rule, but it's clearly not with WSU starting to sell beer. There is no downside to it I can see, people who are gonna get lit up for the game are gonna make it happen, it's not like they're keeping people more sober by not selling beer, they'd make a killing, and I can openly drink a beer in my seat as one of the dumbasses who is willing to pay $12 for a beer.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never understood it. I used to think it was Pac 12 rule, but it's clearly not with WSU starting to sell beer. There is no downside to it I can see, people who are gonna get lit up for the game are gonna make it happen, it's not like they're keeping people more sober by not selling beer, they'd make a killing, and I can openly drink a beer in my seat as one of the dumbasses who is willing to pay $12 for a beer.
It wasn't ever a league or NCAA rule. Schools simply didn't used to do it at stadiums that were on school grounds, and some not even at NFL or other stadiums with that capacity for college games.

I believe UW held out and still continues to not go full on with it out of concern for liability more than anything. It's one thing to have a stadium full of near passed out drunks that smuggled or drank before the game. It's a whole different thing to have people getting too drunk and needing medical help or causing problems when you sold them their last drink.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Legalized cocaine is an idea I can get behind.

But the point is, that section never fills up until the second quarter and thins out after half time, regardless of the game and how it's going. I get it, college... But game day partying and overdoing it in college wasn't invented in the last 8 years, but for some reason this issue seems to have sprung up within that time, or at least gotten exponentially worse.

Hard to say what the issue is. I'm honestly not sure.

I will say that when I was a student I'd usually enter the stadium right around opening kickoff (give or take 5 minutes) and would leave halfway through the third quarter if we were up by 14+ points. I don't think I ever left a game before the start of the 3rd quarter.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When I was at the Oregon game a few weeks ago I was able to buy beer and take it to my seat, so it can't be a PAC-12 rule.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I was at the Oregon game a few weeks ago I was able to buy beer and take it to my seat, so it can't be a PAC-12 rule.
If you listen to what Cohen says about it when it has came up over the last couple of years, it sounds like those limits come from the admin of the school. You get the sense they would like to do more and they clearly hear all of the loud complaints from the fans. She has spoken several times about their frustration with empty seats in the 3rd quarter. Her hands appear to be tied from their own presidents office.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't ever a league or NCAA rule. Schools simply didn't used to do it at stadiums that were on school grounds, and some not even at NFL or other stadiums with that capacity for college games.

I believe UW held out and still continues to not go full on with it out of concern for liability more than anything. It's one thing to have a stadium full of near passed out drunks that smuggled or drank before the game. It's a whole different thing to have people getting too drunk and needing medical help or causing problems when you sold them their last drink.

Yeah, a beer garden inside the effing stadium seems to negate any liability they're trying to avoid. I guess it gives them an excuse to only have to watch once area for underage drinking, or some shit.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Having the ability to purchase beer at the stadium would reduce medical concerns IMO. People (myself included) wouldn't feel the need to down as much alcohol before entering in the stadium (and wait as long as possible before entering the stadium) and bring in a flask full of vodka.

But then again I'm very biased because I'm a high functioning alcoholic who can't imagine the idea of a sporting event and booze not accompanying each other.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, a beer garden inside the effing stadium seems to negate any liability they're trying to avoid. I guess it gives them an excuse to only have to watch once area for underage drinking, or some shit.
They went from the beer garden, to sales at only the club level, high dollar seats, cafe deck, to then stopping sales near the end of halftime to push them back to their seats, to whatever stupidity they've now added.

When ALL they ever had to do was just sell like every other major stadium on planet earth.