• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Huskies 2018 season

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I really don't get too wrapped up in those worries. They have 4 kids already in the program to pick from and more coming in. That kid from Graham kapowsin coming in looks legit.

They have enough options that we just have to trust they pick the one best suited to help them win.

Im more worried about receivers and OC to be addressed.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UW’s Chris Petersen again finds himself coming to the defense of his offensive coordinator
So it's coaching because it's players not doing what they are supposed to do (coaches not building their confidence enough or something), not coaching because we aren't designing/calling plays that best utilize what the kids CAN do right now? Right. Got it. Thanks coach.

Does that answer the question of whether or not they make a move in the staff in the offseason to get better? Or is this nothing more than not undermining the current staff in season to the media because that only makes things worse?

Worst offense in a decade.

Let that sink in. Last time their offense was this bad or worse was their winless season in '08. None of Sarks were this bad despite having quite a few line issues and Price at QB for a few of those seasons.

Worst f'en offense in a decade.

And our head coach is telling us the difference is just one kid making a play here or there and things they need to deal with in house to fix that.

Only reason this team is better than any Sark team is they still play solid defense and Sark was too drunk to even spell solid defense, more or less run one.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what he is saying is a wide out is not running the exact route he's suppose to, or a linemen is missing the guy he suppose to block, and the RB's aren't seeing the cut back like their suppose too.......

:scratch:

Or he's just covering up the fact that level of talent they have right now couldn't live up to the "hype" of the media or the fans!

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what he is saying is a wide out is not running the exact route he's suppose to, or a linemen is missing the guy he suppose to block, and the RB's aren't seeing the cut back like their suppose too.......

:scratch:

Or he's just covering up the fact that level of talent they have right now couldn't live up to the "hype" of the media or the fans!

You hear Hugh's rant ripping Fuller on Browning's interception? I noticed him just stand there and kind of shrug after making no effort while the cal defender made the play on the ball at the time. No one really commented on it because it was, or at least seamed like such a stupid throw, but he apparently quit on the route/play way before that. I don't know that that excuses the throw, but if he didn't quit on the route he might have at least been in a position to play defense.

Pretty much the same thing as the Auburn game when we all thought Browning was being stupid not getting the ball out of bounds, and it turned out a receiver was supposed to be there. Basically, we learn that on top of there being no progress made between the quarterback and receivers over 8 games, the guy who's supposed to be their #1 receiver isn't even trying anymore.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You hear Hugh's rant ripping Fuller on Browning's interception? I noticed him just stand there and kind of shrug after making no effort while the cal defender made the play on the ball at the time. No one really commented on it because it was, or at least seamed like such a stupid throw, but he apparently quit on the route/play way before that. I don't know that that excuses the throw, but if he didn't quit on the route he might have at least been in a position to play defense.

Pretty much the same thing as the Auburn game when we all thought Browning was being stupid not getting the ball out of bounds, and it turned out a receiver was supposed to be there. Basically, we learn that on top of there being no progress made between the quarterback and receivers over 8 games, the guy who's supposed to be their #1 receiver isn't even trying anymore.

Not to stick up for Hamden but I got a feeling that a lot of these routes are "timing" or better yet, " throw here Jake and one of our guys will be there" and that means the QB and the receiver need to read the right coverage to make sure they run the correct route, that ain't happening and Hugh has a point

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to stick up for Hamden but I got a feeling that a lot of these routes are "timing" or better yet, " throw here Jake and one of our guys will be there" and that means the QB and the receiver need to read the right coverage to make sure they run the correct route, that ain't happening and Hugh has a point
Which still 100% falls back on Hamdan and Petersen. They are responsible for putting the game plan together that best uses their strengths and minimizes their weaknesses. And then they have to teach it and make sure they can run it.

They are failing badly at all of that.

Period

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which still 100% falls back on Hamdan and Petersen. They are responsible for putting the game plan together that best uses their strengths and minimizes their weaknesses. And then they have to teach it and make sure they can run it.

Period

Again I'm not disagreeing, I'm saying in the end its up to the players to execute the routes or plays to their fullest capability and I honestly sometimes don't see that happening....

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Period

Again I'm not disagreeing, I'm saying in the end its up to the players to execute the routes or plays to their fullest capability and I honestly sometimes don't see that happening....

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, that's 100% correct. I saw the receiver stop his route on Jake's pick.

I simply say while the players are failing, the fact it is EVERY SINGLE FUCKING WEEK is coaching. Period. They are NOT getting those kids ready to play and getting them to finish their routes. They aren't staying away from players/plays they can't execute. They aren't setting them up for success.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's see how full the stadium looks tonight. This is a big game for the program and it would be nice if the fans step it up and do their part.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Line looked good in the first half. Gaskin was ball'n. Jake was decent. Defense was dialed in.

Second half Line looked horrible. Gaskin couldn't get going. Jake was hucking balls all over that should have been picked and really didn't do much to help the team.

Only half way bright spot was at least the fucking kicker did his job.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UW back in the polls again at 18 in the coaches and 20 in the AP. High enough that they will still be ranked after their bye and should stick after playing the beavs assuming they don't shit down their legs in that one.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy that the bye happens so late this year.

Great to see us ranked again.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the table is set, win out, win the Pac12 title game and get a shot to salvage the season in the Rose Bowl....

It's a huge upswing for the Seniors last year here...

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay I'm going to be the dick here and say it, I really hope he doesn't come back next year. I read where his family lost everything to a fire, and I still think he can go first round after draft workouts, I would rather see the kid and his family get paid and taken care of again just for the feel good side of not worrying he gets hurt again here for the Dawgs...…

I'll be here all night if you want to cuss me out for saying ….:behindsofa:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay I'm going to be the dick here and say it, I really hope he doesn't come back next year. I read where his family lost everything to a fire, and I still think he can go first round after draft workouts, I would rather see the kid and his family get paid and taken care of again just for the feel good side of not worrying he gets hurt again here for the Dawgs...…

I'll be here all night if you want to cuss me out for saying ….:behindsofa:
I'm more happy his back seems to be better than he is coming back next year. I don't blame any kid for going and getting theirs especially when they have already had injuries that kept them out.

Well that, and the thought he might be here for the stretch run is also part of what I was happy about.

I hope if he does come back starting with Oregon State that he doesn't do anything else to injure himself again.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm more happy his back seems to be better than he is coming back next year. I don't blame any kid for going and getting theirs especially when they have already had injuries that kept them out.

Well that, and the thought he might be here for the stretch run is also part of what I was happy about.

I hope if he does come back starting with Oregon State that he doesn't do anything else to injure himself again.

I know, I would love to see him back for the last stretch as well, but deep down I don't want to see him cost himself any more for the program. The kid has been a poster child of what a true recruit should be like, act like.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know, I would love to see him back for the last stretch as well, but deep down I don't want to see him cost himself any more for the program. The kid has been a poster child of what a true recruit should be like, act like.
Playing these 4 could help belay fears that might drop his draft stock. It's a solid chance to go show he's recovered and able to make the leap to the ever more pounding NFL game.