• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Huskies 2018 season

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you listen to what Cohen says about it when it has came up over the last couple of years, it sounds like those limits come from the admin of the school. You get the sense they would like to do more and they clearly hear all of the loud complaints from the fans. She has spoken several times about their frustration with empty seats in the 3rd quarter. Her hands appear to be tied from their own presidents office.

I see way more pros than cons from selling beer in the concession stands than doing what they're currently doing right now.

Also imagine how much revenue that would bring the program? I don't know what the average beer sold per person ratio is at major sporting events, but assuming they sell 50,000 beers @ $10 a beer, that's $500,000 a game. Obviously a very generous estimate, but you get my point.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having the ability to purchase beer at the stadium would reduce medical concerns IMO. People (myself included) wouldn't feel the need to down as much alcohol before entering in the stadium (and wait as long as possible before entering the stadium) and bring in a flask full of vodka.

But then again I'm very biased because I'm a high functioning alcoholic who can't imagine the idea of a sporting event and booze not accompanying each other.
We have given that same argument to them for years. You are preaching to the choir brother. As a long standing season ticket holder I very much voiced my opinions over the scheduling and their really dumb alcohol polices year after year. It was talked about in our off season literature. They were fully aware of those things. There is no doubt at all that it is way worse to keep letting people get massively over drunk before going in knowing they can't get more until half time. Someone in the admin office thinks prohibition and ignoring the problem makes more sense.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have given that same argument to them for years. You are preaching to the choir brother. As a long standing season ticket holder I very much voiced my opinions over the scheduling and their really dumb alcohol polices year after year. It was talked about in our off season literature. They were fully aware of those things. There is no doubt at all that it is way worse to keep letting people get massively over drunk before going in knowing they can't get more until half time. Someone in the admin office thinks prohibition and ignoring the problem makes more sense.

Over time I think it will eventually change as it becomes more common across college football.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They went from the beer garden, to sales at only the club level, high dollar seats, cafe deck, to then stopping sales near the end of halftime to push them back to their seats, to whatever stupidity they've now added.

When ALL they ever had to do was just sell like every other major stadium on planet earth.
Yeah, if it was up to me, keep the Zone for pregame, just like it is, then shut it down 10 minutes before kickoff for the day, keep the patio beer garden, add some hotdog stands or some shit, make it a party deck, maybe even sell 21+ overflow tickets for it, sell beer at concessions. Alcohol sales will more than cover stadium wide alcohol enforcement.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having the ability to purchase beer at the stadium would reduce medical concerns IMO. People (myself included) wouldn't feel the need to down as much alcohol before entering in the stadium (and wait as long as possible before entering the stadium) and bring in a flask full of vodka.

But then again I'm very biased because I'm a high functioning alcoholic who can't imagine the idea of a sporting event and booze not accompanying each other.

Yep, that's always been my argument, seems to be backed by common sense.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are unbelievable, this team is not performing to the level they should be and your talking about getting a beer at a game :L

Yeah Im with you, but it is kinda nice to get my drinkie on before the game that way Im sober when the game is over and I can actually drive...

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay serious question now :

Do you think the "OKG" label is going to hurt this program or let's say hold it back?

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay serious question now :

Do you think the "OKG" label is going to hurt this program or let's say hold it back?

I don't think so. I think at the end of the day Petersen's ideal recruit is the same as just about every other coaches. Labeling your brand as an exclusive thing that's just right for YOU is probably just good marketing.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm kind of speechless about this team. The offense is just plain lost and hasn't shown any signs of waking up lately. Bright side is Oregon lost. Sun Bowl here we come!

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm kind of speechless about this team. The offense is just plain lost and hasn't shown any signs of waking up lately. Bright side is Oregon lost. Sun Bowl here we come!
I mean only if you plan on losing to Stanford. Right now UW can win out and still take the north because Oregon lost. We would tie WSU and beat them due to head to head win.

Sure, this team beating both Stanford and WSU right now seems a bit bleak, but weirder things have happened.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean only if you plan on losing to Stanford. Right now UW can win out and still take the north because Oregon lost. We would tie WSU and beat them due to head to head win.

Sure, this team beating both Stanford and WSU right now seems a bit bleak, but weirder things have happened.

I'm not quitting on this team but man the offense has to get their shit together quickly. Maybe with Gaskin coming back, it'll open things up again.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not quitting on this team but man the offense has to get their shit together quickly. Maybe with Gaskin coming back, it'll open things up again.
and possibly both hunter bryant and trey adams. That's a huge chunk to get back if all 3 return this week.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and possibly both hunter bryant and trey adams. That's a huge chunk to get back if all 3 return this week.

Yes indeed. All isn't lost but improvements have to happen on offense this week.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Petersen today saying Trey Adams return this season "still a ways away"

Doubt we will get any kind of updates on Gaskin or Bryant.

For Stanford, Love looks like he's finally starting to reach full strength, but their bread and butter has been to Arcega-Whiteside who is averaging 100y a game over the last 3 games. Last year against the Huskies vaunted secondary he had 130y with a 26y average. He's a matchup nightmare for most defenses. Point being it is no longer a more simple matter of just stuffing up the box and forcing them to throw.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well since this season has been the roller coaster from hell, I really feel Coach Pete learns and there is some positive changes from the lessons learned this year. I'm not ready to say Bush isn't the man just yet, I think there is a little disconnect from him and Jake, ( I don't think they see the same things) I also believe all along this was going to be a down year with all the younger guys getting reps. I still don't believe Eason has the clear shot as many believe, I think Yankoff is dressed an on the sidelines for a reason and I wouldn't be shocked if he beats out Eason next spring or in the fall camp...

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bush isn't responsible for Jake throwing picks every game, nor for the lack of Pettis/Ross targets to make that offense easier, but he doesn't/hasn't made the adjustments you demand in game to what the defense is doing to you.

As for next year, that depends on how they see this offense forming and what their ideal mix of plays is. Eason has a cannon of an arm and go downfield probably stronger than the others, Yankoff probably gives you the best mix of QB mobility/run game off of it, and passing potential. The other two will be in the mix if they seem more consistent and reliable in day to day drills and practice. It's a GREAT problem to have 4 going into next year all with a viable shot. It will be a very BAD thing if one doesn't clearly stand out by late spring and be named as current #1 before going into the summer break.

I honestly don't care which of the 4 gets the nod. I'm not going in with any preconceived notion about where the strengths or weaknesses are of any of them given how little we have been able to see of their development since the small glimpses we got last spring. I'd be entirely down for Colson if they can build an offense around his strengths and use him properly.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well since this season has been the roller coaster from hell, I really feel Coach Pete learns and there is some positive changes from the lessons learned this year. I'm not ready to say Bush isn't the man just yet, I think there is a little disconnect from him and Jake, ( I don't think they see the same things) I also believe all along this was going to be a down year with all the younger guys getting reps. I still don't believe Eason has the clear shot as many believe, I think Yankoff is dressed an on the sidelines for a reason and I wouldn't be shocked if he beats out Eason next spring or in the fall camp...

He’s the guy who can run that everyone seems to want. I agree a bit about Eason, I’ve not wanted anything to do with him just because he turned UW down for SEC land and came back when he got beat out by a freshman. But I’m over it, we all make mistakes, let spring and summer camps sort it all out and put the best one back there.

Noting that Petersen isn’t the type to tell someone they have an inside track to the starting job more than a year in advance, there does have to be some of that assumed, he had all kinds of schools that would have offered him a left nut to transfer into their program, and he obviously isn’t gonna go somewhere he doesn’t think he’ll play. If it is Eason, I think he’s gonna have two years of eligibility? Either Sirmon or Yankoff will be gone.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s the guy who can run that everyone seems to want. I agree a bit about Eason, I’ve not wanted anything to do with him just because he turned UW down for SEC land and came back when he got beat out by a freshman. But I’m over it, we all make mistakes, let spring and summer camps sort it all out and put the best one back there.

Noting that Petersen isn’t the type to tell someone they have an inside track to the starting job more than a year in advance, there does have to be some of that assumed, he had all kinds of schools that would have offered him a left nut to transfer into their program, and he obviously isn’t gonna go somewhere he doesn’t think he’ll play. If it is Eason, I think he’s gonna have two years of eligibility? Either Sirmon or Yankoff will be gone.
Zero chance of Eason gets the nod he's there more than a year. None. He's coming back because it's near home and he thinks he has a chance to play enough to impress scouts and get at least a 2nd round, if not 1st draft projection.

I would still expect at least one of those other two to be gone, if not also Haener. And that's all good. Put the best guy in and work hard to keep the next best guy and wish the others luck.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zero chance of Eason gets the nod he's there more than a year. None. He's coming back because it's near home and he thinks he has a chance to play enough to impress scouts and get at least a 2nd round, if not 1st draft projection.

I would still expect at least one of those other two to be gone, if not also Haener. And that's all good. Put the best guy in and work hard to keep the next best guy and wish the others luck.
Yeah, that’s another thing I don’t like about him and another reason I hope one of the guys redshirting beats him out. Not too hip on a one and done quarterback. At the same time letting Sirmon or Yankoff play behind him and (hopefully) get some garbage time experience for a year and take over in 2020 with 3 years of eligibility doesn’t sound like a terrible plan I suppose. I’m sure that’s what the staff had in mind when they brought him in.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But whatever, however they thought it could ideally play out, and how we would like to see it happen is irrelevant. One thing we know for sure about Petersen and his staff is they will let it play out in off season camps, and will probably call who one the job a game day decision leading into the year.