• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Huskies 2018 season

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw a post (facebook) Trey Adams is back???????
Naw, he dropped a pick on twitter with his jersey and eyes looking it. A teaser as it were. There's no way he comes back without the local media even know he's been around practice and that hasn't happened.

That pic could mean anything. Maybe he's about to start workouts? Who knows. There is no actual word yet about what it means. Just Jude pointing out it's a hell of a teaser.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Naw, he dropped a pick on twitter with his jersey and eyes looking it. A teaser as it were. There's no way he comes back without the local media even know he's been around practice and that hasn't happened.

That pic could mean anything. Maybe he's about to start workouts? Who knows. There is no actual word yet about what it means. Just Jude pointing out it's a hell of a teaser.

Im going to kick Jude's ass now.....

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UW vs. Stanford, WSU vs. Cal kickoff times and TV channels set
So, no shocker but after that mess today ESPN has elected to take showing WSU entirely dismantle Cal over a sputtering train wreck.

UW game will be at 6pm on the network no one has. So almost no one will see them if they suck as bad. There's that.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still feel pretty good about stanford next week. They're every bit as inconsistent as UW, and it's here. Unless the team just completely quits after that monstrosity tonight, no reason to think they won't bounce back. Gaskin's got to be back soon, that might help the running game?

With oregon losing, they're still playing for the North. As down as we are on the team right now, hopefully they realize that and finish strong.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still feel pretty good about stanford next week. They're every bit as inconsistent as UW, and it's here. Unless the team just completely quits after that monstrosity tonight, no reason to think they won't bounce back. Gaskin's got to be back soon, that might help the running game?

With oregon losing, they're still playing for the North. As down as we are on the team right now, hopefully they realize that and finish strong.
As I said, they might get Gaskin, Bryant, and Adams back next week. But still the same staff calling the plays. Is that enough?

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said, they might get Gaskin, Bryant, and Adams back next week. But still the same staff calling the plays. Is that enough?
Nothing's gonna fix that, but we know they can win in spite of it, so hope for the best. I mean, I know it seems ridiculous that they're even still in it, I know whichever team plays the 1 or 2 Big 10 team in the Rose Bowl will probably be embarrassed, but with a conference title still on the table this late in the season, and everyone else in the conference save WSU (who hasn't been able to figure out our defense yet) looking every bit as shitty as UW, that still has to be what we're rooting for.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I hope its the Foster Farm Chicken Bowl, that way they don't embarrass this program at a higher Bowl game like they have all season!

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How in the hell do you let this senior class go out like this?

This is your first real class here, and there is talent on it and let them play like this!

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing's gonna fix that, but we know they can win in spite of it, so hope for the best. I mean, I know it seems ridiculous that they're even still in it, I know whichever team plays the 1 or 2 Big 10 team in the Rose Bowl will probably be embarrassed, but with a conference title still on the table this late in the season, and everyone else in the conference save WSU (who hasn't been able to figure out our defense yet) looking every bit as shitty as UW, that still has to be what we're rooting for.
The D has played mostly good enough to keep them in every game and help with the wins they do have. As long as at least one unit is functioning there's always hope. And it's a home game.

As a long time season ticket holder I can tell you this though, this is the time when the fans typically turn on the team easily. If they come out flat with bad plays, another early turnover by Jake, etc.. that crowd WILL be booing the home team loudly. How will this team respond to this game and the overall issues this season, the pressure and severe negative coverage by every media outlet around the team and questions at every press coverage, and then the fans if they aren't on fire coming out of the tunnel against Stanford?

I haven't been able to bring myself to do more than browse the headlines, but there isn't one source in the city not dumping on Petersen right now. Even ardent supporters are laying this on him. He's under a heavy firestorm. And let's face it, he doesn't handle the media well even when they are giving him or his team too much praise.

They are going to have to shut the doors, close the windows, turn off the computers, and circle the wagons this week. Roll up their sleeves and find a way to keep their kids from folding under this emotional swing.

This game will be much more than x's and o's and who is healthy and able to play.

Can they still beat Stanford? Sure. If they can overcome all of that. They have a couple of dangerous players, but I'm not overly worried about their offense on the road against this defense. You just do have to be concerned with where the confidence will be in UW's offensive players.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a long time season ticket holder I can tell you this though, this is the time when the fans typically turn on the team easily. If they come out flat with bad plays, another early turnover by Jake, etc.. that crowd WILL be booing the home team loudly. How will this team respond to this game and the overall issues this season, the pressure and severe negative coverage by every media outlet around the team and questions at every press coverage, and then the fans if they aren't on fire coming out of the tunnel against Stanford?

It's a different time, people turn on the team now by not showing up. I'm expecting one of the weakest crowds of the year. If the team can't handle some boos from an apathetic crowd and negative press coverage, just add another check in the they don't deserve anything better than they'll get column.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a different time, people turn on the team now by not showing up. I'm expecting one of the weakest crowds of the year. If the team can't handle some boos from an apathetic crowd and negative press coverage, just add another check in the they don't deserve anything better than they'll get column.
I'll agree the student section won't be full. They've had a hard time since the remodel of filling it even when they are doing well. I don't know how much this loss will limit the alumni from showing up, but they aren't going to be the support the team has been used to recently.

I'm not writing the game off by any stretch. Just saying there are many layers to this challenge and I have no idea if this staff is up to meeting all of them or not.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Realistically speaking, what are the odds that we make a move and replace Bush Hamdan at OC?

I think it's what needs to be done but I just can't realistically seeing Petersen do something like that unfortunately. Hamdan has never called plays before and I honestly have not observed much growth in his play calling.

Yes there are other issues such as WRs not getting separation and limitations with Jake Browning's abilities, but I feel as if Hamdan has harmed this team more than helped this year.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Realistically speaking, what are the odds that we make a move and replace Bush Hamdan at OC?

I think it's what needs to be done but I just can't realistically seeing Petersen do something like that unfortunately. Hamdan has never called plays before and I honestly have not observed much growth in his play calling.

Yes there are other issues such as WRs not getting separation and limitations with Jake Browning's abilities, but I feel as if Hamdan has harmed this team more than helped this year.
I'm sure we have all been asking that question for weeks now.

Petersen is beyond frustrated and so is everyone else. He is on record many times over his coaching career with putting blame on coaches for not having their team ready. He has to be asking why they are in this spot and I'm not sure how it's possible to not come up with the easy open obvious answer.

It isn't that Hamdan alone is the problem, but when things are THIS bad for all of the season then you have to address every single thing you can improve for next year. Hamdan has to be a part of that solution. If he doesn't make a move he isn't an elite coach IMO.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huskies now unranked in the AP top 25 for the first time since 2015.

Rough morning. At least the Seahawks are looking good.