• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How will Tebow do in Philadelphia in 2015?

How will Tim Tebow do in Philly in 2015?

• Total voters

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of people are already convinced that he has no chance to succeed in Philly, just as a lot of people think that Chip Kelly is crazy for having made such unconventional changes to the Eagles roster. Personally, I think it's very interesting and that it could go either way. Have to admire Kelly's determination to do things his own way.

Not really sure what the QB plan in Philly is or how Tebow fits into that plan. I've always thought that Bradford has a lot of talent, though how his body holds up is obviously questionable. Timmy, on the other hand, seems to be pretty durable. He has also reportedly spent a lot of time working on his throwing mechanics and accuracy.

Not sure how it will all play out, but I think that what's going in Philly could be quite interesting. Then again, maybe it really is just a train wreck.
Good Post.
I don't think it's a train wreck. It's a crap shoot and really not even that unless Tebow makes the team. Two years outta football is just that, but Kelly's no fool, he see's a purpose within HIS offense. maybe it's as little as two point conversion plays and short yardage jumbo packages. Hard to say but I do think Kelly is playing with house money and is all in after this offseason

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is coming in to be a 3rd stringer.

He knows that. Maybe he runs a little option stuff at the goal-line, but he is no worse than the typical 3rd string QB.

Why not take a zero-risk flyer?

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He knows that. Maybe he runs a little option stuff at the goal-line, but he is no worse than the typical 3rd string QB.

I doubt he is 3rd stringer. I bet Bradford or Sanchez get shipped off by the end of the draft. And I doubt he is complacent with being third or even second string. He wants to be a starter, he just won't be a diva about it.

Also, for a third stringer you could really find cheaper but that is a minor point.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been a Tebow supporter all this time. Last year, I argued that the Rams should have picked him up (still think so). If the 49ers had dropped Kaep, I would have said the 49ers need to look at him.

Now, I also thought if no NFL teams give him a shot, he should go to a lesser prestige league (CFL, Arena, etc).

I think he will make the final cut if he is given a fair shot, but I don't think he will be very productive on the get go. It will take some time for the grease to lube the joints.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't kid yourself. He is fighting for the 3rd string job at best. He is known to be a poor practice player so not really sure how he is ever going to see the field short of all of their QBs getting injured (assuming he makes it past August).
I predict he eventually becomes the starting QB and leads Philly into the playoffs.

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles will find out that they made a big mistake by trading Foles, for well nothing...Tebow is not going to do anything different than he did in Denver, NY or in New England, that it to say he will not be on the team for very long and probably get cut in the preseason because he can't help the team win and is incredibly self-absorbed and detrimental to team chemistry.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tebow is not going to do anything different than he did in Denver, NY or in New England, that it to say he will not be on the team for very long and probably get cut in the preseason because he can't help the team win and is incredibly self-absorbed and detrimental to team chemistry.
Tebow isn't self absorbed, he is a team guy.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If it was 3rd string, it will turn into 2nd because everyone know Bradford will get injured and miss part of the season.....So then who's to beat out then, a guy he has already when with the Jets, Butt fumble Sanchez.....
Not so impossible, especially in an offense that suits him much better....
He may totally flop, but he has just as much possibility of succeeding in that situation IMO.....:nod:

Raid

Hoopla Cash
$ 21.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Training camp fodder.

FantasyBelowZero

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he will make the roster and be QB3, while Kelly trades away Barkley. I can see him being used in special team situations and in a few QB situations.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm remembering this right, Tebow was actually 3rd string when he took over the starting QB job in Denver. Can't remember if the 2nd string got hurt or by passed. I think by passed, so history could be about to repeat itself. Although the out come (playoff win) may not be near as sucessful in the end.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he will be the #2.... certainly 3 is Kelly gets his way and gets Mariota