• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Do you believe Jordan Love will succeed in Green Bay?

Do you believe he will succeed in Green Bay?

• Yes. He'll be just as good as Rodgers.

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Yes. He'll be better than Rodgers.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes. He'll be a good starter, but not as good as Rodgers.

Votes: 21 51.2%
  • No. He'll flop in Green Bay.

Votes: 15 36.6%
  • No. Flop in Green Bay, but find success with another team.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other - Please explain

Votes: 4 9.8%

• Total voters

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think he'll succeed in Green Bay, and be able to carry the torch?

Aaron Rodgers (first three seasons): 329 passing yards, 1 TD, 1 INT, 59% completion%, 0 starts, 6 game appearances.
Jordan Love: 606 passing yards, 3 TDs, 3 INTs, 60% completion%, 1 career start, 8 game appearances (beyond knee downs)

Both played primarily mop up duties. Saw very little action.

Think McFly Think

Unaware and Oblivious Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I put other, really haven’t seen enough of him to make an informed opinion. I am curious to see how he does with a full season barring injury.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probable flop, but I would have said the same about Rodgers. Young QBs need playing time...somewhere. Rodgers looked overly cautious in year 4, (his 1st season starting). It wasn't until the following season that he looked prepared to take risks. I remember in year 5 he threw a Hail Mary just before half-time in 1 game, which went for a TD. It was the 1st time I saw him play for 'the team' rather than protect his individual stats.

armadillooutlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is that?
Admittedly, as a Cowboys fan, I haven't seen a lot of him, but from what bit I have seen, Love seemed overmatched by NFL talent. Certainly, it could very well just be inexperience, but I also don't have much faith in GB's coaching staff to put him in position to succeed. I think Rodgers helped cover up a fairly inept staff.

Black Hole Sun

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love will be fine. The fact GB stuck with him and did not go after another QB is a sign they believe he will be productive. He has excellent physical tools and has had three full seasons to learn the system.

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Admittedly, as a Cowboys fan, I haven't seen a lot of him, but from what bit I have seen, Love seemed overmatched by NFL talent. Certainly, it could very well just be inexperience, but I also don't have much faith in GB's coaching staff to put him in position to succeed. I think Rodgers helped cover up a fairly inept staff.
Rodgers and Love's numbers are pretty even. The big issue with Love is lack of playing experience. We know he has the physical tools and was a saint waiting for his turn. I think he's going to be good, not sure if it'll be Rodgers or Favre level. The Packers have supplied for him plenty of tools (unlike his final season at Utah State), and he's been groomed for the last three seasons to work on his mechanical issues. I thought he looked really good against the Eagles this year. So I expect him to look BETTER than he has, with full control of the offense and without Rodgers over his shoulder.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The area covered between successful but not as good as Rodgers and flop is massive. I picked it just because that is 90% of the possible outcomes.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will succeed Aaron Rodgers.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I voted other just because it's a complete unknown at this stage. I do, however think you can't over estimate the value of confidence on a young player. The team has shown him they believe in him and that should help him.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wasn't even the best QB in the Mountain West. No idea where the hype is coming from.

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wasn't even the best QB in the Mountain West. No idea where the hype is coming from.
Kellen Moore was a great college quarterback, but that didn't make him a great pro. In this year's draft, both Max Duggan and Stetson Bennett went on day 3. Love's buzz comes from his size, mobility, arm strength, ability to make the off-platform/tight window throws and coach ability. Josh Allen wasn't the best QB out of the MWC either.

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His 2018 tape is phenomenal and has a promising skillset.
Exactly. His 2019 tape was deceptive. The guy lost 9 of his offensive starters, his offensive coordinator, and head coach. On top of that, Utah State's defense was ranked toward the bottom. I am not saying it was all on his supporting cast, but many of his issues had to do with a bad system. NFL Teams loved him, because of the physical skill set and being mentally strong. Also, I believe PFF rated him being highly when under duress.

Many in the media and fans get too caught up with the stat sheet and W/L column. If he had a betters supporting cast, he probably would have been top 10.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m hoping he does well. Need some of the old school teams back in the mix. So tired of the Eagle tenderfoots. Hoping Cowboys smack them around, Giants and Lions too.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. His 2019 tape was deceptive. The guy lost 9 of his offensive starters, his offensive coordinator, and head coach. On top of that, Utah State's defense was ranked toward the bottom. I am not saying it was all on his supporting cast, but many of his issues had to do with a bad system. NFL Teams loved him, because of the physical skill set and being mentally strong. Also, I believe PFF rated him being highly when under duress.

Many in the media and fans get too caught up with the stat sheet and W/L column. If he had a betters supporting cast, he probably would have been top 10.
Basically, you created this thread because you were looking to argue with those of us who think Love just isnt that good (count me among them). He'll be just a dude, nothing noteworthy. The Packers' days of ruling the NFC North are over