• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How many active Cavs fans do we currently have?

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,131.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not a cavs fan but I am a huge King James fan

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A fairly young and inexperienced group with a lot of potential that just picked up the #1 overall. Not to mention future lottery picks. Lebron liked what he saw or he'd still be in Miami.
If he and his wife weren't from Ohio.....there is absolutely ZERO % chance he goes and plays there.

None!!

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he and his wife weren't from Ohio.....there is absolutely ZERO % chance he goes and plays there.

None!!

Beating the same dead horse.
That is part of it, but not near the importance they are trying to spin it.

It's the piece of the puzzle to try to finish restoring his image.
It's a marketing tool.
It's a fairy tale ending if he succeeds.
It can someday be a book, a movie..

James is a BRAND.
Every single move he now makes is calculated, every move means mega millions.

Like I asked you before, if the Cavs had the Bucks roster, would he be homesick?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People really need to learn what a bandwagon fan is. A bandwagon fan, jumps from team to team based on which team is the "hot team" at the moment. If you're a bandwagon fan, that means you've been a Heat fan for the past 4 years, before that you were a Lakers fan before that, you may have also done time as Spurs fan, in the 90's you were a Bulls fan and you're probably giving some serious thought to being a Cavs fan as we speak. Anytime a team is the "hot team", they are going to pick up bandwagon fans.

Fans in places like Los Angeles and Miami get a bad rap because when the teams are going through downtimes, the attendance drops. That doesn't necessarily mean that those fans are off pulling for another team, it very likely means that they aren't going to spend money on a bad product. There are plenty of other options for things to do.

The Lakers are one of, if not the most expensive tickets in the league. I try to go to a few games per season. But I'm not spending that kind of money and driving 2-3 hours to the Staples Center to watch a 27 win team when I can watch that same team from home for free.

People can but a 70" HD TV and watch every game at home vs paying to go to one.

Everybody's different, financially, time wise, logistics, etc..
Nobody should be judged as a fan by whether they attend games or not.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's a marketing tool.

James is a BRAND.

Like I asked you before, if the Cavs had the Bucks roster, would he be homesick?

Hell no. Even with the Cavs current roster, if the Heat had forced the series to 7 games, I seriously doubt he'd be homesick.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People can but a 70" HD TV and watch every game at home vs paying to go to one.

Everybody's different, financially, time wise, logistics, etc..
Nobody should be judged as a fan by whether they attend games or not.

I agree, but you know how it is, as soon as someone see's a Lakers game at Staples with some empty seats or if Miami struggles and there are empty seats, there's gonna be some pinhead talking about how it just shows that they are all bandwagon fans.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, but you know how it is, as soon as someone see's a Lakers game at Staples with some empty seats or if Miami struggles and there are empty seats, there's gonna be some pinhead talking about how it just shows that they are all bandwagon fans.

I'll bet those people saying it are people who don't go, otherwise they wouldn't say it.

I think the AAA will be full next year, because you have to renew before the playoffs and everyone figured James wasn't leaving.

Anyway, I actually will look forward to being there, even if there are empty seats, because the seats that do have people will be filled with passionate, real Heat fans.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll bet those people saying it are people who don't go, otherwise they wouldn't say it.

I think the AAA will be full next year, because you have to renew before the playoffs and everyone figured James wasn't leaving.

Anyway, I actually will look forward to being there, even if there are empty seats, because the seats that do have people will be filled with passionate, real Heat fans.

I agree. I'll tell you what, with the amazing job that the Heat have done putting the team back together after Lebron left, AAA damn sure should be filled next season. They've earned that.

Not only have they avoided what could have been a catastrophe, but they have put together a team that, with just a little luck, could come out of the east again.

Sure would like to see Sportsman try to troll what Riley has done since Lebron left into Riley being a lousy GM.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's a marketing tool.

James is a BRAND.

The marketing tool could have been achieved regardless what team he went to outside of Miami. It's suppose to be a surprise that the best player in the game is marketable?

Fairy tale ending?? You think he went to Cleveland to ring chase???

I can't answer if he would have went to a Bucks like team but they just drafted Jabari Parker and Brandon Knight puts up close to Kyrie numbers. Plus Knight is a lot more durable than Kyrie.

You make it sound as if this Cavs team should have no problem getting to the Finals, when in fact this current roster has no experience when it comes to winning anything.....or even finishing above .500

Last edited by a moderator:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The marketing tool could have been achieved regardless what team he went to outside of Miami. It's suppose to be a surprise that the best player in the game is marketable?

Fairy tale ending?? You think he went to Cleveland to ring chase???

I can't answer if he would have went to a Bucks like team but they just drafted Jabari Parker and Brandon Knight puts up close to Kyrie numbers. Plus Knight is a lot more durable than Kyrie.

You make it sound as if this Cavs team should have no problem getting to the Finals, when in fact this current roster has no experience when it comes to winning anything.....or even finishing above .500

So you think he went there to accept not playing for titles?
What did he say to Miller/Allen or anyone else he's trying to rent on a year to year basis?

So yes, he is ring chasing, but now with an excuse to use if he fails.

Losing on the Big 3 Heat leads him to ridicule.
Why would he think he could beat the Spurs next year?

Losing trying to win one for the people of Ohio is allowable.

Like I trying to keep pointing out to you, every move he makes is calculated.

Don't ever think for 1 second, that he is ever putting himself into a situation where he's not playing for a ring that year.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I'll tell you what, with the amazing job that the Heat have done putting the team back together after Lebron left, AAA damn sure should be filled next season. They've earned that.

Not only have they avoided what could have been a catastrophe, but they have put together a team that, with just a little luck, could come out of the east again.

Sure would like to see Sportsman try to troll what Riley has done since Lebron left into Riley being a lousy GM.

Riley hasn't done his job, at least for me, until I see one certain ex pot smokers name on the dotted line.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NRP2BWe.png

Describes you perfectly.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The thing that gives Miami fans a bad name is the fans in the lower bowl. As you mentioned earlier, Lakers tickets are likely the most expensive in the league. When it comes to Heat tickets, they were certainly right up there, especially in the lower bowl. The fans you see down there on TV are the rich people that go to Heat games simply for status. Now that Lebron has bolted, the Heat doesn't have that same star luster that it had the past 4 games. Fans will continue to go as the team is still competitive. If anything, the tickets will likely be cheaper and you'll see some better fans start to attend.....hopefully.

Triplexxx23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing that gives Miami fans a bad name is the fans in the lower bowl. As you mentioned earlier, Lakers tickets are likely the most expensive in the league. When it comes to Heat tickets, they were certainly right up there, especially in the lower bowl. The fans you see down there on TV are the rich people that go to Heat games simply for status. Now that Lebron has bolted, the Heat doesn't have that same star luster that it had the past 4 games. Fans will continue to go as the team is still competitive. If anything, the tickets will likely be cheaper and you'll see some better fans start to attend.....hopefully.

:10::10::10:
I say this all the fucking time... Everytime the team picks up a star type players... All these rich fucks show up to the game taking little bullshit selfies and not give a fuck about the game but just to add that on their statues that they were there. I once went to a game and i remember a friend won those tickets and we were right behind the heat bench. Me and my boy were loud ass hell and the people sitting around us would give us this mean look like we were annoying them... Said fuck them and continue doing it... It's sad cause all the noise and support was coming from the upper deck.... It made me wanna give my seat and join them up there.. But now that lebron is gone. Hope those fake heat fans go with him too.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would think any serious NBA fan would be able to name those guys pretty easily... as long as they're older than 20... whether they're a cavs fan or not.