• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How many active Cavs fans do we currently have?

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,318.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howdy, DJ!

I didn't know Bron signed a 2 year deal.

Does that mean we have to go thru this again next summer :bullshit:?

Mitch played hard ball on a fucking sign & trade & Gasol signed with Bulls as a FA.

FUCKING BULLSHIT MOTHERFUCKER.

MightyMouse

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs fan here! Just not as active as I should be.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mitch played hard ball on a fucking sign & trade & Gasol signed with Bulls as a FA.

Meh, not a big deal. Bulls wanted to make it 1 pick, the Lakers wanted 2. Either way, given how good the Bulls are likely to be, the picks wouldn't be worth much.

Just means that Pau gets less money.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sorry.

Pick would likely be worthless anyway.

The Bulls will be top 3 in the East.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, not a big deal. Bulls wanted to make it 1 pick, the Lakers wanted 2. Either way, given how good the Bulls are likely to be, the picks wouldn't be worth much.

Just means that Pau gets less money.

Yeah, but assets are assets and we need to acquire them. This season we had absolutely nothing to offer in FA or in trades except: We are the Lakers. So we swung and missed on basically everything. No Love; No Bron; No Melo; No Ariza; No Thomas; No Monroe; No Deng; No Pau; etc...

Now if we had gotten something for Pau. Something. We would at least have 2 first round picks to offer up for a sign and trade of sorts. Now next season what we have to offer is: Well, we are the Lakers. No reason at this point to believe it will be any different next season.

We've re-signed only a few pieces of the team that got us barely 20 wins last year. We done nothing else.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but assets are assets and we need to acquire them. This season we had absolutely nothing to offer in FA or in trades except: We are the Lakers. So we swung and missed on basically everything. No Love; No Bron; No Melo; No Ariza; No Thomas; No Monroe; No Deng; No Pau; etc...

Now if we had gotten something for Pau. Something. We would at least have 2 first round picks to offer up for a sign and trade of sorts. Now next season what we have to offer is: Well, we are the Lakers. No reason at this point to believe it will be any different next season.

We've re-signed only a few pieces of the team that got us barely 20 wins last year. We done nothing else.

Gasol should have been traded at the trade deadline to Phoenix for pick #27 in 2014 draft. Lakers got greedy then too.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still a cavs fan, just not super happy to have lebron back.. but if it helps our current roster see some success, then i guess it's all good.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There won't be one.
Anyone who follows James to the Cavs is a James fan, and never was a Heat fan.

Which basically means you just lost over half your fan-base in the last week.

As for the Heat being better than the Lakers this year.... :rollseyes:

Wade and Bosh are getting older, and Miami just lost its 'allure'.

The only reason the Heat might make the playoffs is because the east is weak.

Shoveyjoe

El Flaco
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which basically means you just lost over half your fan-base in the last week.

As for the Heat being better than the Lakers this year.... :rollseyes:

Wade and Bosh are getting older, and Miami just lost its 'allure'.

The only reason the Heat might make the playoffs is because the east is weak.

All you do is troll man. Lakers may be better, but Het losing half the fanbase is hyperbole considering we were a middle of the road team attendance before Lebron. Use facts every once in a while.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You aren't a Cavs fan then.

Why? Because I'm not crazy about a guy who only came back because the future looked brighter up here. He had no loyalty to anyone here, so I fully expect him to jump ship immediately if he finds that Cleveland isn't working out for him again.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All you do is troll man. Lakers may be better, but Het losing half the fanbase is hyperbole considering we were a middle of the road team attendance before Lebron. Use facts every once in a while.

Florida teams of just about every sport seem to have a tough time filling seats.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed but saying 50% of the fanbase is leaving is hyperbole.

If you guys do lose 50% of your fanbase, you know where they're going... straight to Cleveland.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are a lot of true Heat fans and they will of course remain Heat fans. I'm not sure what the big deal is. The NBA has always had a bunch of fans who didn't really root for a team so much as they rooted for the best player in the game, whether that be Jordan when he was on top or LeBron nowadays.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? Because I'm not crazy about a guy who only came back because the future looked brighter up here. He had no loyalty to anyone here, so I fully expect him to jump ship immediately if he finds that Cleveland isn't working out for him again.
Yes, coming to play in Ohio had nothing to do with James and his wife growing up there. It's all about that powerhouse 33 win team they had last year and the new rookie head coach.

:rollseyes: :L

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, coming to play in Ohio had nothing to do with James and his wife growing up there. It's all about that powerhouse 33 win team they had last year and the new rookie head coach.

:rollseyes: :L

A fairly young and inexperienced group with a lot of potential that just picked up the #1 overall. Not to mention future lottery picks. Lebron liked what he saw or he'd still be in Miami.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People really need to learn what a bandwagon fan is. A bandwagon fan, jumps from team to team based on which team is the "hot team" at the moment. If you're a bandwagon fan, that means you've been a Heat fan for the past 4 years, before that you were a Lakers fan before that, you may have also done time as Spurs fan, in the 90's you were a Bulls fan and you're probably giving some serious thought to being a Cavs fan as we speak. Anytime a team is the "hot team", they are going to pick up bandwagon fans.

Fans in places like Los Angeles and Miami get a bad rap because when the teams are going through downtimes, the attendance drops. That doesn't necessarily mean that those fans are off pulling for another team, it very likely means that they aren't going to spend money on a bad product. There are plenty of other options for things to do.

The Lakers are one of, if not the most expensive tickets in the league. I try to go to a few games per season. But I'm not spending that kind of money and driving 2-3 hours to the Staples Center to watch a 27 win team when I can watch that same team from home for free.

Last edited by a moderator: