• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How many active Cavs fans do we currently have?

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Basically every "Cavs fan" with a join date after July 2014 is full of shit.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you pick the best player and follow him on every team? then when he declines or retires you pick another favorite player (which most likely will be the best player in the league at that time) and follow him?

I don't think you deserve much respect as a fan.

Before LeBron, my favorite NBA player was Mike Bibby. I was a die-hard Vancouver Grizzlies fan, then Sacramento Kings fan.

Sort of throws a wrench into your thought. The fact that LeBron has emerged as the best player in the game has no effect on my loyalty, as that existed long before he was considered such.

Shoveyjoe

El Flaco
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why r lakers fans so obsessed with other fanbases? You guys have one of the easiest/trendiest teams to root for because of your history.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why r lakers fans so obsessed with other fanbases? You guys have one of the easiest/trendiest teams to root for because of your history.

Why? Because every time the Lakers win a title over the last few decades, idiot fans come out of the woodwork and call us 'bandwagoners'.

Yet after probably the worst season in our history, the handful of fans we have here still stand strong and actively discuss and post on this forum being PROUD to root for the purple and gold.

And then there's other, notably heat fans over the last four years, who claim they're lifelong fans but ditch their team at the drop of a hat when the going gets tough.

I didn't start this topic to point fingers at the heat fans. I started it because I want to see who the TRUE cavs fans are at the moment so we can single out the idiots that claim they'e been a cavs fan all their lives yet never showed themselves for a moment the last few years.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? Because every time the Lakers win a title over the last few decades, idiot fans come out of the woodwork and call us 'bandwagoners'.

Yet after probably the worst season in our history, the handful of fans we have here still stand strong and actively discuss and post on this forum being PROUD to root for the purple and gold.

And then there's other, notably heat fans over the last four years, who claim they're lifelong fans but ditch their team at the drop of a hat when the going gets tough.

I didn't start this topic to point fingers at the heat fans. I started it because I want to see who the TRUE cavs fans are at the moment so we can single out the idiots that claim they'e been a cavs fan all their lives yet never showed themselves for a moment the last few years.

So basically you're on the lookout for Cavs fans who registered before July 2010 and haven't posted since yesterday?

Is it possible that if a new Cavs fan pops up on the board, that he didn't even know about this site? Maybe he posted some where else since 2008 and has been a life long Cavs fan who happened to stumble across this site.......then what? You just badger the shit out of him and call him a bandwagoner until he leaves?

Using someone's join date to determine when their fandom started for a team is baseless and uneducated

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

so the number of posts on this site is your guideline for labeling fans as bandwagon or true?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To be fair, the folks on here who have claimed to be long time/lifelong Heat fans (bks, Heatles, turnup, shovey, etc.) have stuck with the Heat even after this move by Lebron. The couple who were "Lebron fans" (shane, gordontrue) have openly stated that they were Lebron fans.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So basically you're on the lookout for Cavs fans who registered before July 2010 and haven't posted since yesterday?

Is it possible that if a new Cavs fan pops up on the board, that he didn't even know about this site? Maybe he posted some where else since 2008 and has been a life long Cavs fan who happened to stumble across this site.......then what? You just badger the shit out of him and call him a bandwagoner until he leaves?

Using someone's join date to determine when their fandom started for a team is baseless and uneducated

Ah, just the man I was thinking of.

You gonna become a Bulls fan when Melo leaves NY for them?

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, the folks on here who have claimed to be long time/lifelong Heat fans (bks, Heatles, turnup, shovey, etc.) have stuck with the Heat even after this move by Lebron.

Only time will tell. I don't quite buy that "Heat for life" crap. It'll be different when they're below 500 by the all-star break.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah, just the man I was thinking of.

You gonna become a Bulls fan when Melo leaves NY for them?
Why would I?

I've been a Knicks fan since the early days Ewing was putting on their uniform.

You still didn't answer my questions.

Sugarshell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You are spot on. I was invited to join here 2 days ago. Lebron was still undecided. I'm sure many here will think I'm a bandwagon Cavs fan. Which isn't so. I've been a Fannation member for 5 years. I was there before Lebron left. I was there when he walked. I was laughed at by Heat fans. I endured countless Cleveland jokes. My loyalty remained with the Cavs. I wish I could rub it in to all the Heats fans that gave me shit. But I'm not going to. Because I know how they are feeling right now. I'm choosing to show some class. And enjoy the fact that after 4 brutal years. We might actually win more then 20+ games this year

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would I?

I've been a Knicks fan since the early days Ewing was putting on their uniform.

You still didn't answer my questions.

You're asking me if i'm going to troll posters? Absolutely not - i'm not going to stoop down to your level. I'm pretty sure that violates the rules here.

But you bet your ass that i'll say something when all of a sudden we gain 30 "lifelong fans" over night.

Triplexxx23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2m3370k.jpg

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, the folks on here who have claimed to be long time/lifelong Heat fans (bks, Heatles, turnup, shovey, etc.) have stuck with the Heat even after this move by Lebron. The couple who were "Lebron fans" (shane, gordontrue) have openly stated that they were Lebron fans.

http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/...player-all-time-player-duo-team-historic.html

post #18

I and others stated their current favorite players. Shane remained a Cavs fan but also rooted for LeBron to succeed. I think Gordon said he'd still root for the Heat but also root for James. I think there are those out there who openly root for a player, but not when that player is playing against their favorite team.

I'm one of them.