• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What do we do at number 9?

What do we do with the ninth pick?

• Trade up

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trade for player

• Select Will Anderson Jr (Doubt he’s abvailable)

• Select Christian Gonzalez (Doubt he’s available)

• Select Michael Mayer

• Select Nolan Smith

• Select Lukas Van Ness

• Select Quentin Johnston

• Select Jordan Addison

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you think we will do with the pick? Right now, I think we get Carter if he is there. If not we will grab one of the top two tackles. That could change with FA, but I still think we should build the trenches in the draft no matter who we get. I’ll allow everyone to change there vote until draft day. Winner gets a free blow job from @BsGenius. Thanks for volunteering BS!

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too many right answers for me to vote......lol

Ill lessen my answer to one position.....offensive tackle,Paris or Peter......dont care which one......but could change by weeks end.......

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cast my vote for Wilson, altho I agree that he'll likely be gone. No way on earth Anderson will be there, so I didn't even bother. I've been saying that if Poles goes for the OL with his pick, I'd want Paris Johnson. That still holds, yet I see a scenario where if Poles signs one of the FA tackles, but still goes OL with the first pick, then I'm thinking he'll snatch Skoronski. No question the dude's a baller, but he doesn't have that preferred NFL wingspan so desired by the scouts and execs. I could see him being converted to a guard. What a friggin line we'd suddenly have. Naturally, this is assuming either/or is available when we select.

All pro days are important for both the individual players and teams checking them out. But one particular date I'm going to keep an eye out is March 14th. Here are the key draftees who will be showing off their goods:

OT Peter Skoronski
DE Adetomiwa Adebawore
CB Christian Gonzalez
DE Myles Murphy
DT Brian Bresee
LB Trenton Simpson

I have all these guys targeted as potential 1st or 2nd round picks for the Bears. Maybe the player I'm most interested in seeing his results is Myles Murphy. Thruout much of the college season he was right below Will Anderson and Jalen Carter in defensive rankings. For whatever reasons, his stock has been dropping, altho many mocks still have him being taken in the top 10.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least Myles Murphy is big enough to play the 4-3 DE.

We will see if Poles is chasing another OT this week. I am more wondering since they signed a new RG it Tevin Jenkins is going to be traded (there is a guy suggesting we get Henry for Jenkins and a second round pick) or it this means that Tevin Jenkins might get a shot to play Tackle again.

I think if we sign a new OT in Free agency, Jones moves to the right side and if Richardson is still on the board, they probably get another second round pick and 16 from Washington to move up.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it interesting that everyone keeps implying moving Jones to the right side is some kind of easy peasy lemon squeezy type thing...I find that suspect and don't really see that as an option.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it interesting that everyone keeps implying moving Jones to the right side is some kind of easy peasy lemon squeezy type thing...I find that suspect and don't really see that as an option.
I guess it depends on who we sign or draft. Hey, up until the other day I had Sanborn cemented in as the Bears MLB for the next X number of years. Now suddenly he'll likely be starting as the SAM, which is the one LB spot that immediately gets replaced when the D goes nickel.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess it depends on who we sign or draft. Hey, up until the other day I had Sanborn cemented in as the Bears MLB for the next X number of years. Now suddenly he'll likely be starting as the SAM, which is the one LB spot that immediately gets replaced when the D goes nickel.
I mean…We’ll see. I think our coaches want to keep Jones at LT and find a RT and center from here. Doubtful we sign Brown. Have a feeling he’s waiting on the Jets/Rodgers saga to unfold thus why not signed yet….with the Jets.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean…We’ll see. I think our coaches want to keep Jones at LT and find a RT and center from here. Doubtful we sign Brown. Have a feeling he’s waiting on the Jets/Rodgers saga to unfold thus why not signed yet….with the Jets.
Another factor we have to account for and that's the post-June 1st cuts. It's quite possible that Poles is waiting for any number of teams releasing various players. There may be some real talent available at that time. The only 'problem' with this is the draft comes first, so Poles has to draft based on who he has on the roster at the time.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have Davis, Jenkins, and Whitehair. All guards.

Either Whitehair is gone or Jenkins is moving back out to RT.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, if they get Orlando Brown, the other option is Jones being a backup

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas cut Ezekiel Elliott. Tony Pollard had surgery 2 months ago to repair a broken fibula and high ankle sprain. McCarthy went on record he wants to run the dang ball. They arent doing that with Pollard. And i seriously doubt they gamble by waiting until their 26th pick.

Jerry Jones: Howdy Bears? Callin 'bout them there 9th pick?

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas cut Ezekiel Elliott. Tony Pollard had surgery 2 months ago to repair a broken fibula and high ankle sprain. McCarthy went on record he wants to run the dang ball. They arent doing that with Pollard. And i seriously doubt they gamble by waiting until their 26th pick.

Jerry Jones: Howdy Bears? Callin 'bout them there 9th pick?

Dallas is too far down for my taste......

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas is too far down for my taste......
Think this has been discussed already, but just to reiterate, I'd be more open to trading that far back if Dallas was to offer us their 1st, but I think it would have to be in '24 only and I also think they'd have to include a mid rounder as well. I believe I mentioned last time to maybe accept their '25 1st rounder in lieu of '24, but that's too long to wait.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have Davis, Jenkins, and Whitehair. All guards.

Either Whitehair is gone or Jenkins is moving back out to RT.
Whitehair played Center for a bit. I don't recall him being particularly effective, but neither was mustipher.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to change my pick to Paris Johnson jr.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's one choice I like: stick with the friggin' 9th pick.
They are obviously looking for a tackle, Skoronski is plug and play, Paris might take a little while.

Really dont know which side he is trying to upgrade. A new starter should be there at 9, if he isn't, I still see him listening to Washington at 16. Really seemed like we need new Defensive ends that offensive tackles though, so I stick with Myles.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My gut is telling me (with the quantity of signings we've made now in FA to fill holes) that we're going to end up having 2 picks in the 9-35 range. We will either via trade down with the 9 to the teens then back up...or just using what we have and trade up while keeping the 9. Those two picks will be an olineman and a dlineman. We are getting the filler. We want QUALITY on the line and we'll give up a little to get it.