• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What do we do at number 9?

What do we do with the ninth pick?

• Trade up

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trade for player

• Select Will Anderson Jr (Doubt he’s abvailable)

• Select Christian Gonzalez (Doubt he’s available)

• Select Michael Mayer

• Select Nolan Smith

• Select Lukas Van Ness

• Select Quentin Johnston

• Select Jordan Addison

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My gut is telling me (with the quantity of signings we've made now in FA to fill holes) that we're going to end up having 2 picks in the 9-35 range. We will either via trade down with the 9 to the teens then back up...or just using what we have and trade up while keeping the 9. Those two picks will be an olineman and a dlineman. We are getting the filler. We want QUALITY on the line and we'll give up a little to get it.
I've suspicioned (see West Side Story) for some time that Poles, currently sitting with 10 picks, might seek a trade DOWN early in this draft. I mentioned two groupings for such consideration: Picks 53, 61, 64 and picks 133, 136, 148. In each of those two groups, Poles could bundle a couple of them to move up, assuming he has a specific player who's still on the board and of course a willing trade partner. An example would be bundling our 61 & 64 for a pick in the 34-36 range. This is going by the draft value chart, nothing is set in stone, but it does provide a basic guideline. Of course he'd do even better if he was willing to substitute #53 for one of the others.

But back to more trading down, I also thought if one of the big 4 QBs was still hanging around when we're on the clock, there are two candidates who might be interested in moving up to snag him: the Titans at #11, and the Commanders at #16. Not sure what kind of booty a trade with the Titans would bring. Possibly a 3rd rd or perhaps a '25 2nd rd. Should be able to squeeze a little more out of the Commanders, maybe their 2nd and a 7th, something along those lines.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But back to more trading down, I also thought if one of the big 4 QBs was still hanging around when we're on the clock, there are two candidates who might be interested in moving up to snag him: the Titans at #11, and the Commanders at #16. Not sure what kind of booty a trade with the Titans would bring. Possibly a 3rd rd or perhaps a '25 2nd rd. Should be able to squeeze a little more out of the Commanders, maybe their 2nd and a 7th, something along those lines.
no chance one of the 4 QBs will be available at 9. Keep dreaming cupcake.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no chance one of the 4 QBs will be available at 9. Keep dreaming cupcake.

I dont believe we trade down anymore either......

As been stated numerous times now,Poles never signed that top lineman we so desperatley need..........

With the 9th pick we can get that topnotch lineman we so sorely need.........

My opinion is he may settle for McGary as our top olineman and go best dlineman now at 9.........lets get a bonafide player with that 9.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As been stated numerous times now,Poles never signed that top lineman we so desperatley need..........

With the 9th pick we can get that topnotch lineman we so sorely need.........

My opinion is he may settle for McGary as our top olineman and go best dlineman now at 9.........lets get a bonafide player with that 9.

McGary has been re-signed by the Falcons.

We're going oline/dline at 9...then see from there.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Most likely...but if moving from 9 to the mid teen range allows us to still get one of our guys then use the additional we get to score another one in a trade up, I'm in. But yeah, that's kinda pipe dreamy similar to the "trade from 1 to 2 then 2 to 4 then 4 to etc etc etc" we were getting up until the #1 was traded.

If I was betting I would say we make a pick of o-line or d-line and 9 then move back up to the later first early second for another of that litter. Yes we have a lot of holes, but 10 picks are not all going to make the roster, as justanidiot said in another thread.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McGary has been re-signed by the Falcons.

We're going oline/dline at 9...then see from there.

Ahh shit my bad.......Nate Davis.

And theres no question it has to be one of those two positions.........

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jalen Carter.

He might slip to the Bears.
If Carter is there at 9, man. What a decision. I'll trust Poles does the right thing.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,096.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Carter is there at 9, man. What a decision. I'll trust Poles does the right thing.
I really think he could be, lot of teams might be scared off by that fatal crash incident.

He would be a really nice addition to the Bears defese.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've suspicioned (see West Side Story) for some time that Poles, currently sitting with 10 picks, might seek a trade DOWN early in this draft. I mentioned two groupings for such consideration: Picks 53, 61, 64 and picks 133, 136, 148. In each of those two groups, Poles could bundle a couple of them to move up, assuming he has a specific player who's still on the board and of course a willing trade partner. An example would be bundling our 61 & 64 for a pick in the 34-36 range. This is going by the draft value chart, nothing is set in stone, but it does provide a basic guideline. Of course he'd do even better if he was willing to substitute #53 for one of the others.

This is where henry comes into play. Titans are looking to move him, last year at 10 million. I read the ask was Jenkins and a second rounder. If they are planning on keeping Jenkins and using him at RT, that might change to a first. But they might be looking to sell high and let Jenkins go if they are not convinced, he will be able to play without getting injured what seems like every 20 plays. I really dont think the 0ne year deals for Forman and the Tarik copy.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most likely...but if moving from 9 to the mid teen range allows us to still get one of our guys then use the additional we get to score another one in a trade up, I'm in. But yeah, that's kinda pipe dreamy similar to the "trade from 1 to 2 then 2 to 4 then 4 to etc etc etc" we were getting up until the #1 was traded.

If I was betting I would say we make a pick of o-line or d-line and 9 then move back up to the later first early second for another of that litter. Yes we have a lot of holes, but 10 picks are not all going to make the roster, as justanidiot said in another thread.

Im hearing ya......but......I believe Poles already has us down to what he wants at 9.......

Maybe even move up with some of those extra picks hes got bunched together.....even if he doesnt,I think we are sitting in a sweet spot......

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jalen Carter.

He might slip to the Bears.

Nah,too much bullshit going on with that guy......I just hope Poles doesnt have that decision and hes already picked....besides,Atl signed their qb,Im sure if Carter is sill there,he goes to the Falcoons being hes a Georgia boy.....

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm for staying put at #9, but if one of those 4 QBs are still on the board at that time, I'd hope Poles would at least explore the option trading back. In fact, assuming this to be the case, I could see the Titans in particular wanting to move up. Maybe a sweetened pot would do the trick. And even tho we'd be going from 9 to 11, in a way it's only moving one spot back. The chances that the Eagles, who would be the team now in front of us, selecting the exact player Poles is targeting, seem pretty slim. Then again, if Poles is zeroed in on that one specific player and doesn't want to risk it, then simply stand pat and take him at the 9 spot.

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As of today. I'm cool with either
1. OT Paris Johnson Jr
2. DE Tyree Wilson
3. DT Jalen Carter

At least one should fall to us
All fills a need today and all have high upsides.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. OT Paris Johnson Jr
2. DE Tyree Wilson
3. DT Jalen Carter

I think the point is Poles needs to nail the 9th pick. If he misses, that’ll be a huge blow.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is where henry comes into play. Titans are looking to move him, last year at 10 million. I read the ask was Jenkins and a second rounder. If they are planning on keeping Jenkins and using him at RT, that might change to a first. But they might be looking to sell high and let Jenkins go if they are not convinced, he will be able to play without getting injured what seems like every 20 plays. I really dont think the 0ne year deals for Forman and the Tarik copy.

The likelihood of trading for Henry is roughly 0%.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. OT Paris Johnson Jr
2. DE Tyree Wilson
3. DT Jalen Carter

Of those three, I'm guessing the most likely is Johnson, JR.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poles went defense twice in a row last season when every fan, pundit, and blogger, and beat reporter were expecting and asking for a receiver.

He knows how he wants to build this team. He and Flus are trying hard to recreate the 49ers recipe on defense.

I would be utterly shocked if 2 of the first 3 picks the Bears make in the draft aren't DT/DEs. And I'm putting $50 up for grabs that the #9, if they keep it, is a defensive lineman.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poles went defense twice in a row last season when every fan, pundit, and blogger, and beat reporter were expecting and asking for a receiver.

He knows how he wants to build this team. He and Flus are trying hard to recreate the 49ers recipe on defense.

I would be utterly shocked if 2 of the first 3 picks the Bears make in the draft aren't DT/DEs. And I'm putting $50 up for grabs that the #9, if they keep it, is a defensive lineman.
Can't remember which position I was thinking of at the time, but I'm positive it wasn't a WR. Where I agree tho is when Poles chose Brisker with his 2nd pick, like just about everyone, I was stunned, thinking why would he use such a valuable pick on another DB. And yet Brisker turned out to be our '22 draft MVP, so go figure.