• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What do we do at number 9?

What do we do with the ninth pick?

• Trade up

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trade for player

• Select Will Anderson Jr (Doubt he’s abvailable)

• Select Christian Gonzalez (Doubt he’s available)

• Select Michael Mayer

• Select Nolan Smith

• Select Lukas Van Ness

• Select Quentin Johnston

• Select Jordan Addison

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw an NBC Edge report that RB Bijan Robinson is meeting with the Eagles - they hold the #10 pick. I am even more convinced that the Cowboys will want to move up ahead of the Eagles.

Maybe the Eagles move up to screw over their division rival?

Last edited:

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, I'd love for the Eagles to swap spots with the Bears. We pick up say the Eagles 4th, maybe even a 7th thrown in as well. And Poles would still get the player he's targeted at the 9th pick.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw an NBC Edge report that RB Bijan Robinson is meeting with the Eagles - they hold the #10 pick. I am even more convinced that the Cowboys will want to move up ahead of the Eagles.

Dallas just signed Ronald Jones.....really dpubt that happens now.....thought it was doubtful anyways......
But another possible trade down would be the Bucs wanting Robinson......not sure who their feature rb is now that Fournette wont be resigned.......Rashad White??

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas just signed Ronald Jones.....really dpubt that happens now.....thought it was doubtful anyways......
But another possible trade down would be the Bucs wanting Robinson......not sure who their feature rb is now that Fournette wont be resigned.......Rashad White??
Despite the accolades thrown Jones' way for his ypc, if he couldnt crack the rotation in KC (which included an undrafted rookie), I seriously doubt he amounts to anything in Big D.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
....really dpubt that happens now.....
Could be Dallas is reading the tea leaves on Robinson's visit with the Eagles... Dallas has a lot less draft capital than Philly if they were move up. They've probably signed Jones as insurance.
:noidea:

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Despite the accolades thrown Jones' way for his ypc, if he couldnt crack the rotation in KC, I seriously doubt he amounts to anything in Big D.

Totally agree,hes just never has been that guy,but I still dont think JJ will give up a ton for Robinson.......Gibbs impressed in the combine,Dallas may work him into that team without giving up alot.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a crazy, unlikely, yet fascinating draft day trade scenario for our beloved Bears:

Bears get: #12, #33
Texans get: #9, #61

I stated on a number of occasions that the original trade scenario with Houston was never gonna happen, that they would be more than content stay with the #2 pick. I'm gonna say the same thing here, altho being it involves a swap of our 9 and their 12, it's not nearly so etched in stone. And since we'd be also swapping our 61 for their 33, this is something I'd do in a heartbeat, which is why I know it won't happen. In a sense it's feasible, after all there could be someone there at #9 who the Texans would be drooling over, but it would have to be a player they know would most likely be taken by the time they're on the clock. Maybe, MAYBE we could secure the deal by offering our #53 instead.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Three sensible reasons why Poles tacking a tackle with the 9th pick would best suit our needs:

Likewise, there are three big IFs which can alter this line of thinking:

1. There still may be opportunities for Poles to sign a free agent tackle, which could affect the need of taking one with our first pick.
2. Poles might trade down from the 9 spot, and it's anyone's guess how far he trades back and who would be available at that point.
3. Poles might have a non-tackle listed tops on his board when he's on the clock and if so, he might take that player instead.

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Three sensible reasons why Poles tacking a tackle with the 9th pick would best suit our needs:

1. There still may be opportunities for Poles to sign a free agent tackle, which could affect the need of taking one with our first pick.
2. Poles might trade down from the 9 spot, and it's anyone's guess how far he trades back and who would be available at that point.
3. Poles might have a non-tackle listed tops on his board when he's on the clock and if so, he might take that player instead.
To piggy back off the article
4. The DL draft class is pretty stack and plenty of options to hit in the 2nd. I can see us trading up from one of our late 2nd rounders.

At this point unless Will Anderson falls to 9, I think we're taking a tackle and the only interest in trading the #9 pick is if a QB falls

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I sure hope they dont trade out of the 9th........Im all fir trading up with our next round of picks,just not a fan of trading out of the 9th........

To piggy back off the article
4. The DL draft class is pretty stack and plenty of options to hit in the 2nd. I can see us trading up from one of our late 2nd rounders.

At this point unless Will Anderson falls to 9, I think we're taking a tackle and the only interest in trading the #9 pick is if a QB falls

I love the thought of taking an otackle at 9,but we never signed that Hell ya type of player at ot or dt.........so Im sure itll be trenches,just not sure which side......and Ill puke if we draft Carter.....

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sure hope they dont trade out of the 9th........Im all fir trading up with our next round of picks,just not a fan of trading out of the 9th........
I've mentioned before that there is one team who I'd do a trade back with in a heartbeat and that's the Titans at #11. Of course the only scenario I see which would get them to want our #9 is that one of the big 4 QBs remains on the board, something I believe is not likely. But for the sake of argument, let's say one is there. Moving back two spots is not a big deal when considering the team that would now be drafting ahead of us are the Eagles, and I don't see them taking any player that Poles was zeroing in on. Don't think we'd get all that much in return for the Titans swap, maybe an extra 2nd or 3rd rounder. But the point is we've lost nothing in terms of acquiring the player we want, yet we obtain another decent draft pick in the process. Win-win baby.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've mentioned before that there is one team who I'd do a trade back with in a heartbeat and that's the Titans at #11. Of course the only scenario I see which would get them to want our #9 is that one of the big 4 QBs remains on the board, something I believe is not likely. But for the sake of argument, let's say one is there. Moving back two spots is not a big deal when considering the team that would now be drafting ahead of us are the Eagles, and I don't see them taking any player that Poles was zeroing in on. Don't think we'd get all that much in return for the Titans swap, maybe an extra 2nd or 3rd rounder. But the point is we've lost nothing in terms of acquiring the player we want, yet we obtain another decent draft pick in the process. Win-win baby.

We're going to have 2 picks in the top 35 when this all settles...Book it.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seeing that O-linemen have a decent NFL success rate, it would not shock me if Poles drafts all offense early. (Plus it is a must to evaluate Fields before talking about 2024.)
Sometimes the best way to help the defense is to have an offense that stays on the field longer to keep the D fresh.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ronald Jones? Because a guy who was a healthy scratch a lot of last year is moving the needle? Lol

And why would a team starting all over from scratch draft a RB? Good lord.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ronald Jones? Because a guy who was a healthy scratch a lot of last year is moving the needle? Lol

And why would a team starting all over from scratch draft a RB? Good lord.

Dallas wont trade up to 9......even tho Dallas signed Jones,they were not trading up that far to begin with......Im surre JJ would rather have Gibbs......Jones had a very good year in 21,decent year in 20,so yes,Its more believable he is their no.2 than trading up to 9.......

To tell you the truth,if the Bears are trading out of 9,LSDs thought of going to 11 is more believable than Dallas trading up to 9.....

And yes,I can see Robinson going to the Bucs,Trask has to have someone behind him.......and thats more believable than Dallas trading up to 9.
Hell Robinson may even go to the Eagles.........
Hell I have no idea.....but you must know,so tell us ol wanna be wise one......

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas wont trade up to 9......even tho Dallas signed Jones,they were not trading up that far to begin with......Im surre JJ would rather have Gibbs......Jones had a very good year in 21,decent year in 20,so yes,Its more believable he is their no.2 than trading up to 9.......

To tell you the truth,if the Bears are trading out of 9,LSDs thought of going to 11 is more believable than Dallas trading up to 9.....

And yes,I can see Robinson going to the Bucs,Trask has to have someone behind him.......and thats more believable than Dallas trading up to 9.
Hell Robinson may even go to the Eagles.........
Hell I have no idea.....but you must know,so tell us ol wanna be wise one......
You think the Bucs roll with Trask and not Mayfield?

Bowles could be on the hot seat, I don't think he trusts Trask with starting. Not yet.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think the Bucs roll with Trask and not Mayfield?

Bowles could be on the hot seat, I don't think he trusts Trask with starting. Not yet.

Kinda forgot about TB signing Baker......hes definetley the better qb.

And I dont think the Bucs even know what Trask can do....

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been saying all along that the only situation where I see the Bears having the opportunity to trade back is if one of the big 4 QBs remains on the board at #9. I can see the Titans and Commanders in particular showing interest if this turns out to be the case. But I suppose I shouldn't rule out some team being interested if Jalen Carter is still there as well. I believe he's been scaring some teams away as it already stands, so I'm not sure which club drafting behind us would be willing to part with a draft pick or two just to move up for him. Still, I can't rule this out completely.