• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What do we do at number 9?

What do we do with the ninth pick?

• Trade up

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trade for player

• Select Will Anderson Jr (Doubt he’s abvailable)

• Select Christian Gonzalez (Doubt he’s available)

• Select Michael Mayer

• Select Nolan Smith

• Select Lukas Van Ness

• Select Quentin Johnston

• Select Jordan Addison

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’d still rather get Paris johnson Jr. If it came to the oline. Having two tackles that can adequately cover the blind side as a starter is the type of flexibility that great offensive lines have. You need that type of flexibility if you are going to need to provide the type of depth elite offensive lines have. If we have two starting quality LTs (One that plays RT), 2 starting quality Cs (One that plays G) then the rest of the line and its depth is easy. You can practically just get the BPA (in Free Agency and the Draft) to fill in the rest of the spots instead of taking an inferior player because they play a certain position.
I totally agree......
Give JF everything he needs to find out if hes gonna be our franchise qb of the future.....if he fails,well its on him.........
I'd be a happy camper if Poles simply chose PJJ. If you recall, he's first on my way too early 3 round draft - assuming of course Poles goes OL with his first pick. That hasn't changed. But it's always nice to see other takes and also see who the risers and fallers are.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be a happy camper if Poles simply chose PJJ. If you recall, he's first on my way too early 3 round draft - assuming of course Poles goes OL with his first pick. That hasn't changed. But it's always nice to see other takes and also see who the risers and fallers are.

I like reading what others want to to see drafted........everyone has a thought,and a reason on who they want........
And the only wrong answer at 9 is a qb or punter.....other than that,its all good.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like reading what others want to to see drafted........everyone has a thought,and a reason on who they want........
And the only wrong answer at 9 is a qb or punter.....other than that,its all good.
And if Pace was still running things.....you never know.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Six takeaways from an Ian Cunningham presser, which I had no idea even took place:

All takeaways are worthy of reading, but I find #5 to be the most interesting and perhaps most telling:

What the Bears are looking for in an offensive tackle
“Size and athleticism and his competitive spirit,” Cunningham said, via Josh Schrock. “How he plays down-in and down-out.”

The reason I'm intrigued with this particular quote is Cunningham leaves out the key word 'length'. Perhaps the single most stated, if not important word mentioned by Bears staffers when describing what traits their ideal players bring to the table, and this was applied more to OTs than any other position. Was it simply an omission or slyly left off? Because two of the top four OL candidates, Peter Skoronski and Darnell Wright, both have arm lengths under 34", the number which seems to be the minimum benchmark desired by Poles and Co. Maybe it was simply Cunningham's way of making everyone aware that these two remain firmly in the mix.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Carter isn’t there, I think I want PJJ over anyone else. Skoronski or a trade back wouldn’t be bad either. I think Poles strength in scouting will be olinemen. I have a feeling whoever he picks will pan out.

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morning.
Final wish list for the #9:
1. Jalen Carter: I get why some want no part of this guy but I still think he's the best talent in this draft
2. Devon Witherspoon: Sure a loaded class but I believe he'll be one top corners in the near future
3. PJJ:
4. Peter Skoronski
5. Tyree Wilson

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's draft day baby!!!! Ok, more like draft night. We Bear diehards have been waiting a long time for this, even after the post trade with the Panthers.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's draft day baby!!!! Ok, more like draft night. We Bear diehards have been waiting a long time for this, even after the post trade with the Panthers.

I'm going to fall asleep before our pick...I just know it. Goddamnit. Draft just takes too goddamn long.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a good read on pretty much every player discussed by fans as a potential pick for the 9 spot - all 13 to be exact:

Naturally some will be gone by the time Poles is on the clock and we still don't know if there will be a trade back, which could eliminate more from this list. But it's still a pretty solid analysis in covering pretty much every player Bears fans would like to see taken.