• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Horror Movies

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No sure what exactly means lol. I mean down to the detail? Not exactly, but....

first I noticed the hair was nearly identical to the protagonist which indicated either same person/body or relation at least. Then I noticed that the killers hand was backwards in some scene (don't remember which scene exactly). Then when the protagonist kept touching her head and finding fresh blood and we knew the killers face was bloody from the subway tour guide scene, I figured it was the killers face. Did I turn to the wife and say it was a teratoma? No lol, but I told her the killer was attached to the protagonist backside, I even made a joke about a penis being where her butthole is lol... and when I pointed out the bloody head and bloody killer face, she agreed it could be. Turned out to be right.

I think my point is that they were not really trying to make us think anything besides that there was some connection between her and the killer.

Even the first scene in the movie the doctor said let’s cut out this cancer.

The shocking part wasn’t that she was the killer. But the monster in her(trying to keep it all vague just in case people read this without seeing it yet)

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@returnofjakedog @UVA_Guy81 - watched Don’t Breathe 2 (2021) over the weekend and I agree that it wasn’t horror. Pretty much a cut & dry revenge thriller that was easy to watch but not particularly memorable. Some thoughts:

Could have turned horror if they had the gurl drown in the red box & spent the rest of the run time having the blind man stalk & brutally kill them all in the woods next to the house. Could have been pretty epic if they went that route!

Didn’t care at all for the plot. Am I really supposed to believe that a meth-cooking operation was coordinated enough to track down their leader’s daughter all because they needed her heart to save her crackhead mom? Oh and thanks to one of the goons having a sudden change of heart to allow him to save the girl. That entire climactic sequence was just silly.

And yea that was poor writing/editing to have him walk to their building in time to stop the operation from happening. Needed a buffer in there to delay the operation more.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@returnofjakedog @UVA_Guy81 - watched Don’t Breathe 2 (2021) over the weekend and I agree that it wasn’t horror. Pretty much a cut & dry revenge thriller that was easy to watch but not particularly memorable. Some thoughts:

Could have turned horror if they had the gurl drown in the red box & spent the rest of the run time having the blind man stalk & brutally kill them all in the woods next to the house. Could have been pretty epic if they went that route!

Didn’t care at all for the plot. Am I really supposed to believe that a meth-cooking operation was coordinated enough to track down their leader’s daughter all because they needed her heart to save her crackhead mom? Oh and thanks to one of the goons having a sudden change of heart to allow him to save the girl. That entire climactic sequence was just silly.

And yea that was poor writing/editing to have him walk to their building in time to stop the operation from happening. Needed a buffer in there to delay the operation more.
It sounds as if I probably liked a bit more than most on here. I thought most of it was fairly well done

It has horror bits and pieces throughout but it is certainly more action-thriller. They took the Alien to Aliens route.

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
241918912_4434323046611063_1915178656015152201_n.jpg

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just had this arrive, let's see how this goes:

Escape Tabletop Games Psycho Killer: The Card Game

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw The Mortuary Collection last night, not the best I've seen, not the worst. It's a couple of different stories with some being hits and others misses. I thought it was fun, did not take itself seriously. Worth a watch on Shudder if you have it.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Midnight Mass starts Friday, pretty excited. Mike Flanagan does great work so looking forward to it.

Watched Nightbooks yesterday, a kids movie so it was definitely pretty stupid but might be a good introduction to horror if you have younger people in your life that you're trying to corrupt (I have older siblings so I was watching Friday the 13th and Halloween at way too early an age).

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just finished Malignant, and it's apropos that this had to do with
a pregnancy out of r*pe
because this thing should have been aborted from the start.

Acting - Bad
Dialogue - Worse
Story - Atrocious

I actually laughed at most of the end. Just because something is "original" doesn't mean its good. Look at most of Shamalahan's work.

F-

Oh, and yes, the twist was obvious about 45 minutes into this thing.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched Velocipastor last night. It was pretty much exactly what you’d expect with a movie of this title. I couldn’t stop laughing at the dinosaur costume.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched Velocipastor last night. It was pretty much exactly what you’d expect with a movie of this title. I couldn’t stop laughing at the dinosaur costume.

Is it streaming somewhere?

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Squid Game on Netflix I think counts as horror. Kind of a Saw/Hunger Games mix, really solid show.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Squid Game on Netflix I think counts as horror. Kind of a Saw/Hunger Games mix, really solid show.
Looks epic. Artsy fartsy, but epic. I will definitely check this out soon. Wife & I opted to watch the new Candyman last weekend instead.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Midnight Mass on Netflix.

Do yourself a big fat favor and go into this series cold ...do not do any research.
This is a very slow developing series with some long bouts of dialogue. (great cast & acting)

That is only a problem when the pay off is not worth it ....trust me, it's worth it.
I have done 6 of the 7 episodes ...so I can't give it my final verdict but it's very good so far.

Brilliant out of the box thinking on this.