• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LSUoverUSC Review Sheet for Movies in Theaters

LSUoverUSC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Burlesque - One of the all-time terrible stories. The writing of this movie is horrific. Christina is attractive and has a few good parts, but overall, she is not a good actress. Cher should be in a nursing home. It is pathetic how much surgery she has had. Movie was too long. 3/10

Chronicles of Narnia - a fun movie that can stand alone. I have never seen the other Narnia movies, but thought this one did a fine job of combining adventure with interesting CGI and a positive morality. The kids are a bit annoying, but the movie builds to a triumphant crescendo. 7/10

Country Strong - the story could have gone to great heights, but instead stuck to the mud and mire. Paltrow's character is annoying and clearly based on Brittney Spears. Hedlund does a decent job, but his torn love interests makes his character less than credible. More should have been tuned to Paltrow and McGraw's relationship. Good music. 6/10

The Fighter - a really enjoyable movie that grows on you the more you think about the performances. It is entirely character driven and the two leads are exceptional. The movie isn't about boxing - it's about family, brothers, conflicting allegiances, and triumph over weakness. The boxing scenes are bad and a waste of time. 9/10

Gulliver's Travels - it's official: Jack Black can only play one character and that character is not cool and not funny. This is a terrible movie, one of the worst of the years and there's zero redeeming about it. Acting, story, everything. Terrible. 0/10.

Harry Potter - like Narnia I'd never seen any of its predecessors. Perhaps had I, I might have understood what was going on. I didn't. From start to finish I was confused and wondered who all these characters were. Fans of this movie obviously had an attachment to Harry before seeing this one because on its own, it is an utter failure. 4/10

How Do You Know - according to reports, this movie cost $120 million to make. Did the actors wipe their butts with gold toilet paper? This movie is awkward and heads in no discernible or interesting direction. Although it's labeled a romantic movie, there is no romance and I left the theater caring not for any of the characters, knowing it was just a paycheck for all of them. Worst romance in years. 2/10

The King's Speech - a great triumph of cinematic docu-drama. It brings history and drama together like never before. You will leave this movie identifying with at least one character at least at some point in your life. The soundtrack is almost as marvelous as the performances. 9/10

Little Fockers - Meet the Parents should have stopped with the original. This movie does nothing new and repeats the same, tired jokes again and again. Do comic writers think audiences are so unfunny? I didn't chuckle once and found every character to be annoying. Alba is terrible. 3/10

Megamind - it's been a couple of months since seeing this, but thought it was decent. I'm glad they reduced the role of Brad Pitt. Even though it's animation, it is a romance movie, not a kid's movie. The love Megamind has for Ms. Palin is admirable and I came to feel for the guy. 6/10

The Social Network - tight writing, great story, and moves at a pace that is irresistible. I haven't sat through two hours that went by more quickly than when watching this one. No performance sticks out; it's just a solid movie all the way around. 9/10

Tangled - I felt embarrassed not to know this fairytale. After seeing it three times already I feel that I know the tale backwards and forwards. The young lady, even though she is a cartoon, is very attractive and I found her hair irresistible. She reminded me of my Beloved. The colors are beautiful and the music fun. Not as good as The Princess and the Frog, but still good. 8/10

The Tourist - we're supposed to believe that Johnny Depp is the every man? Get real. Jolie is very attractive, perhaps at her prettiest in this film. And the cinematography of Venice is lovely. The story is not and it is one of the most predictable movies of the year. 4/10

Tron: Legacy: I did not see the original and have no intention of it. I quite liked this movie even though I don't usually like sci-fi. There's little connection I felt towards any of the characters, and blew most of their roles off as amalgamations of other characters, like from Star Wars to name one. Olivia Wilde is beautiful, like the Beloved, and her closeup shots are mesmerizing. Some of the cosmic philosophies of the movie are interesting, as are the colors and action scenes. 6/10

True Grit: I'm not a huge Western genre lover, but this movie is tightly wound and Bridges is at his best playing an old curmudgeon. Damon is annoying and I don't like the violence. Its use of biblical quotes is empty and an attempt to placate and stimulate shallow thinkers who think that a Bible quote thrown into a movie is somehow profound. 7/10

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
u spend way too much time at the movies....

that is all

herky

YEAH JEETS!!!!!!111
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

LSUoverUSC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Haven't seen it yet. I have heard there is a lesbian scene in it, so perhaps that is why I haven't seen it yet.

LSUoverUSC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Anyone here have any reviews they want to share?

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the only one I have seen is True Grit, I thought it was just OK, I have not seen the first one. I like the Coen Brothers movies but I thought they could have done better. Maybe they were going for something in the lines of David Lynch with the sounds and imagery but it never came across for me. As far as westerns go, you can't top Sergio Leon IMO

ugafan6612

Oh I really like boobs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Town-I was surprised at how good this movie was. Affleck did a great job directing and acting for once. The Boston atmosphere was pretty cool to see. I think all the characters did a decent job. This movie was full of suspense and I encourage you to see it.
8/10

LSUoverUSC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The Town isn't at theaters. It has been on DVD for a month. Anyway, I enjoyed the movie, though the violence was offputting. It was also hard to believe in Affleck's mythology of Boston. He tries to paint that neighborhood as being as bad as a ghetto in Columbia when in reality it's nothing like that. All those facts and figures he made up at the beginning of the movie claiming his childhood home is the nation's leader in armed robbery is an utter fabrication. Still, a good movie though without Affleck's desire to be thought of as having grown up in the hood. 7/10

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a movie that I have been watching for a few weeks now.

I can only seem to watch a few minutes at a time, but it's been awesome so far.

ugafan6612

Oh I really like boobs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^It was the last movie I saw in theaters...I don't go too often