• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Horror Movies

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, just watched The Fourth Kind. I thought it was okay but thought it could've been better. Watched this instead of Dark Skies since it's going to be leaving Netflix tomorrow night.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched Dark Skies. I really enjoyed this one but then again, I'm a sucker for suspenseful alien movies.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I was trying to work through the longest running horror franchises by number of movies but I hit another roadblock.
First off, I was watching at least 1 movie per workout but I've had to stop for a bit due to injury. But I will be back on that schedule soon.
But moreso I don't know enough about some of the next franchises. I thought I could work through it but my Paranormal Activity "review" showed this was a poor idea and that unless I actually watch all of the movies it just doesn't work.
Since some of the next franchises are Children of the Corn (11 movies), Puppetmaster (14 movies), and Witchcraft (16 movies) this ain't gonna happen as there is no way I am setting through all of that crap, or watching interviews, documentaries, reading articles, etc for these.

That leaves 2 on the list:
Saw (9 movies) and Friday the 13th (12 movies).
I haven't watched all the Saw movies but at least that appears doable at some point in the future. But I can do Friday the 13th as I know that franchise pretty damn good.
So anyways, that is where this bad idea of franchise reviews stands as of now.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I was trying to work through the longest running horror franchises by number of movies but I hit another roadblock.
First off, I was watching at least 1 movie per workout but I've had to stop for a bit due to injury. But I will be back on that schedule soon.
But moreso I don't know enough about some of the next franchises. I thought I could work through it but my Paranormal Activity "review" showed this was a poor idea and that unless I actually watch all of the movies it just doesn't work.
Since some of the next franchises are Children of the Corn (11 movies), Puppetmaster (14 movies), and Witchcraft (16 movies) this ain't gonna happen as there is no way I am setting through all of that crap, or watching interviews, documentaries, reading articles, etc for these.

That leaves 2 on the list:
Saw (9 movies) and Friday the 13th (12 movies).
I haven't watched all the Saw movies but at least that appears doable at some point in the future. But I can do Friday the 13th as I know that franchise pretty damn good.
So anyways, that is where this bad idea of franchise reviews stands as of now.
I know it’s not the franchise with the most movies but you could always do all the Chuckie movies in the lead up to the show that’s coming on next month.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it’s not the franchise with the most movies but you could always do all the Chuckie movies in the lead up to the show that’s coming on next month.
It does have 8 movies and I do know the franchise pretty good. I haven't seen the reboot yet though.

It looks like a good one to look at but I doubt I will get to it before the series starts.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like a ripoff of Duplass’ Creep movies

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All right, re-upped Shudder, what should I check out? Definitely want to watch season 2 of Creepshow.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched The Dark and the Wicked just now, absolutely top notch horror film. I guess the one knock would be it was about too slow, especially the last 20 mins or so but some great scares, redirects, the writer/director knew exactly what they were doing. Highly recommend.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Malignant cones out Friday and looks promising. James Wan is good at what he does.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I just watched Don’t Breathe 2. I was surprised that I couldn't find any discussion on it here, but it might be the questionable search engine.

So the blind man now has had a daughter for 8 years now but he keeps her a bit isolated and is training her to fight and such. Eventually a group of bad guys break in with a specific purpose. Things get violent and messy!

The good:
*Everything is well done.
-Cinematography
-Acting- Stephen Lang is solid again, and the girl does a very good job for a child actor.
-Editing
-Soundtrack/Score
-Dialog
-fxs- some nice kills, wounds, explosions, etc.
-Decent flow and feel. It is a little bit long though.

The bad:
Not much. Some small complaints
*The story is a bit convoluted. They kinda almost jump the shark imo.
*The original was a horror-thriller. This was more of an action-thriller-horror with it shifting more towards action as it progresses.
-In regards to the 2 above points, I prefer the more horror leaning original with the bare bones plot. But this one still works. My bro-in-law preferred this new one so my view isn't universal.
*They kinda sold out just a bit on the ending. The whole blind man character arc was a bit iffy to me after the events in the original. But they handle it well for the direction they take it.

I'll go 7.5 outta 10. Definitely worth a watch. Double feature it with 2016's Don't Breathe if you haven't seen that one.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I just watched Don’t Breathe 2. I was surprised that I couldn't find any discussion on it here, but it might be the questionable search engine.

So the blind man now has had a daughter for 8 years now but he keeps her a bit isolated and is training her to fight and such. Eventually a group of bad guys break in with a specific purpose. Things get violent and messy!

The good:
-Cinematography
-Acting- Stephen Lang is solid again, and the girl does a very good job for a child actor.
-Editing
-Soundtrack/Score
-Dialog

The bad:
*The original was a horror-thriller. This was more of an action-thriller-horror with it shifting more towards action as it progresses.
-In regards to the 2 above points, I prefer the more horror leaning original with the bare bones plot. But this one still works. My bro-in-law preferred this new one so my view isn't universal.
*They kinda sold out just a bit on the ending. The whole blind man character arc was a bit iffy to me after the events in the original. But they handle it well for the direction they take it.

I'll go 7.5 outta 10. Definitely worth a watch. Double feature it with 2016's Don't Breathe if you haven't seen that one.

Good to know, I'll need to check out the first.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The good:
-Cinematography
-Editing
-Soundtrack/Score
-Dialog

The bad:

@FaCe-LeE-uS
Did you see DB2 yet? I'm interested on your thoughts on it, and how you think ot holds up to the original.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@FaCe-LeE-uS
Did you see DB2 yet? I'm interested on your thoughts on it, and how you think ot holds up to the original.
Not yet man. Life has been punchin me in the nuts lately and I haven't been able to watch very many movies lately.

My most recent viewings:
Conjuring: Devil Made Me Do It
Fear Street 1, 2, 3
A Quiet Place P2
Blood Red Sky
Terror Eyes
Awake
Superhost
30 Miles From Nowhere

And that goes back like 2-4 months lol... far-cry from the rate of movies I used to watch