• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Know of Any Books That Are Being Made into Movies/TV Shows?

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm looking for new books to read (hopefully on kindle unlimited) and have noticed that quite a few of my recent reads have been or will be made into movies or TV shows. I don't really mind the adaptions necessary to turn a book into a movie/show, so if you've read a really good book/series that you know might be adapted soon, post them up. I do seem to prefer sci-fi and fantasy, but am open to other good reads. Granted, it's been difficult to find the time to read since my daughter was born 4 months ago, but I figure I need to get back to reading more.

Books I've read recently that will be or are movies/shows:

- all Game of Thrones
- 3 book series of Wayward Pines that is a current TV mini series
- the All Souls trilogy which is supposed to be turned into a TV series by the BBC
- the Atlantis Gene series supposed to be turned into a movie

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steven Kings Dark Tower series has been in pre-production for a series of movies for years. With the success of The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, Dexter, Under the Dome and Wayward Pines, I would not be surprised to see this changed to a TV series eventually.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kingkiller Chronicles by Patrick Rothfuss (The Name of the Wind, The Wise Man's Fear, and an upcoming 3rd book) ie Kvothe books are being made into a TV series. It's epic Fantasy, and is very well written.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A "The Forever War" movie has been in the works for several years now. Ridley Scott is directing.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never read the books but I've read some good things about Johnathan Strange & Mr. Norrell. It just debuted on BBC America last night. I watched it and it seems promising. I'm not a book guy but the jist I get is they were pretty popular and the fans of it really think the show can be a hit.

The premise is its an alternate history of 18th Century England. Magic use to exist but has been dormant and the two title characters reintroduce it to the world.