• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Historically worse offender of cupcake sched

HawkeyesRuleURFace

Avid Basketball Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take a look at our piss ass schedule every year...it's embarrassing

Uman5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
IN the state of Florida they've got 6 other FBS teams and several FCS teams. Wonder which one gets played the most other than FSU? Well, it aint Miami! LOL

They don't want any. :suds:

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They've got FIU, FAU, USF, FSU, UCF and Miami. Guess who they play the least amount of times out of those 6? You get 2 guesses and the first one don't count. LOL

TonyTheGator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL at the gators here defending their weak out of conference scheduling. That is what this thread is about. Not conference games.

There is nothing to defend. I'm not embarrassed by it, one bit. With FSU, annually, and our IC schedule, we play one of the nation's toughest schedules, year in and year out. So, what difference does it make if we play a FCS school, and what difference does it make if we don't travel far, as long as we play that tough schedule??

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In honor of Tony I am going to shut up now.

You guys have fun with this. But not too much fun, LOL

SwampHumpy

Touching my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They've got FIU, FAU, USF, FSU, UCF and Miami. Guess who they play the least amount of times out of those 6? You get 2 guesses and the first one don't count. LOL

Does North Carolina still field a football team?

SwampHumpy

Touching my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You can talk trash about our OCC schedule, but seriously you should be embarrassed about your team’s overall schedule. That’s a miserable pile of dog shit you guys call a schedule.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a little torn on UF's schedule. Naturally the Dawg in me wants to hate. But, how many of you guys would have wanted to play FSU every year from 1987 - 2000. In those 14 years, FSU finished in the top 5 every year, went to 13 of what would become BCS bowls, winning 11 of 13:

1987 11–1 2nd Won Fiesta
1988 11–1 3rd Won Sugar
1989 10–2 3rd Won Fiesta
1990 10–2 4th Won Blockbuster
1991 11–2 4th Won Cotton
1992 11–1 2nd ACC Champions Won Orange
1993 12–1 1st ACC Champions, National Champions Won Orange
1994 10–1–1 4th ACC Champions Won Sugar
1995 10–2 4th ACC Co-Champions Won Orange
1996 11–1 3rd ACC Champions Lost Sugar
1997 11–1 3rd ACC Champions Won Sugar
1998 11–2 3rd ACC Co-Champions Lost Fiesta
1999 12–0 1st ACC Champions, National Champions Won Sugar
2000 11–2 5th ACC Champions Lost Orange

While they haven't been as good lately, FSU has been in the top 25 every year since. And it's an in-state grudge match. The only teams that can even come close to this are those that play USC or Notre Dame ( and that is a stretch) every year ... and there aren't but a few of those (USC, ND, Stanford, Michigan, Michigan State) come to mind.

So, there is no way UF is on this list, and certainly not at the top of the list, as much as it pains me to say it.

However, UF fans .... you really should want to play some OOC games outside of Florida. You aren't going to believe this, but going to big OOC away games is a blast. You get to see campuses and fans and traditions you don't normally see. We've had games at ASU, Colorado, OkSU that were great trips for the Dawg people. Win or lose, they are a great trip for the family. You really should try it sometime.

Uman5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
FSU never pussed out on us. Love to hate them but more respect than I give to the gators.

Uman5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
You can talk trash about our OCC schedule, but seriously you should be embarrassed about your team’s overall schedule. That’s a miserable pile of dog shit you guys call a schedule.

So true our 2nd game opponent was a POS.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FSU never pussed out on us. Love to hate them but more respect than I give to the gators.

No Florida v. Miami dick measuring thread is complete without a mention of the Great Gator Flop. You are welcome.

[YOUTUBE]9_Uzu-wPFmc[/YOUTUBE]

Uman5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
No Florida v. Miami dick measuring thread is complete without a mention of the Great Gator Flop. You are welcome.

[YOUTUBE]9_Uzu-wPFmc[/YOUTUBE]

:suds:

Puss move.

:rollseyes:

TonyTheGator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a little torn on UF's schedule. Naturally the Dawg in me wants to hate. But, how many of you guys would have wanted to play FSU every year from 1987 - 2000. In those 14 years, FSU finished in the top 5 every year, went to 13 of what would become BCS bowls, winning 11 of 13:

While they haven't been as good lately, FSU has been in the top 25 every year since. And it's an in-state grudge match. The only teams that can even come close to this are those that play USC or Notre Dame ( and that is a stretch) every year ... and there aren't but a few of those (USC, ND, Stanford, Michigan, Michigan State) come to mind.

So, there is no way UF is on this list, and certainly not at the top of the list, as much as it pains me to say it.

However, UF fans .... you really should want to play some OOC games outside of Florida. You aren't going to believe this, but going to big OOC away games is a blast. You get to see campuses and fans and traditions you don't normally see. We've had games at ASU, Colorado, OkSU that were great trips for the Dawg people. Win or lose, they are a great trip for the family. You really should try it sometime.

I don't think there are any Gator fans who would complain about a road game with other AQ teams, but that is not in our hands. We have no control over it. Nonetheless, as I have stated already, we still play a very respectful schedule, year in and year out, and the criticism for our "staying in state" is just a pitiful cry of jealousy for a successful program.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Puss move.

:rollseyes:

I was at that game, a 12 year old kid and Gator fan. I thought it was the coolest thing I had ever seen. My dad, who valued sportsmanship over everything except his hate for Miami (he went to Miami High) and FSU (that old girls college in the panhandle), even had a hard time with that one. At least outwardly. Inside, I'm guessing he was grinning.

Last edited by a moderator:

Uman5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I don't think there are any Gator fans who would complain about a road game with other AQ teams, but that is not in our hands. We have no control over it. Nonetheless, as I have stated already, we still play a very respectful schedule, year in and year out, and the criticism for our "staying in state" is just a pitiful cry of jealousy for a successful program.

Jealousy? Shame is what is. The rest do it. Sack up.

Uman5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I was at that game, a 12 year old kid and Gator fan. I thought it was the coolest thing I had ever seen. My dad, who valued sportsmanship over everything except his hate for Miami (he went to Miami High) and FSU (that old girls college in the panhandle), even had a hard time with that one. At least outwardly. In side, I'm guessing he was grinning.

It was a cool play, puss move, but cool.

boxedlunch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most FCS teams played by an AQ? Wake Forest 29-6-1
Most FCS victories by an AQ? Rutgers 31-3

Wake is 30-6-1
Rutgers is 32-2
Miami is 18-1

Florida has played 6 most of current SEC teams.

Gator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a cool play, puss move, but cool.

I disagree. In my mind that is the lowest of low things that a team can do to an opponent- disrespect them. That is perhaps the lowest thing I can think of happening and I am embarrassed that UF (my team) stooped to that level. I have nothing but disdain for Doug Dickey and was glad when UF finally canned him 1978.

TonyTheGator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. In my mind that is the lowest of low things that a team can do to an opponent- disrespect them. That is perhaps the lowest thing I can think of happening and I am embarrassed that UF (my team) stooped to that level. I have nothing but disdain for Doug Dickey and was glad when UF finally canned him 1978.

I don't think the intention was to "disrespect" Miami. It was just the only way to help John Reaves attain a record that his coach & teammates thought he deserved. That being said, I can understand why some might not agree with it, but it was against Miami. The Canes deserve to be shit on as often as possible.