• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Historically worse offender of cupcake sched

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What difference does that make?

IN REGULAR season games in the past 70 seasons OSU has played 46 AWAY OOC games. In that span OSU has played exactly 12 AP ranked opponents and 6 AP top 10 opponents.

Over that same span UF has played 89 OOC AWAY games. In that span UF has played 27 AP ranked opponents and 16 Top 10 teams.

Between 1990-2012 UF has played OOC AWAY games against Miami and FSU IN THE STATE of Florida 13 times. In those games Miami and FSU were AP ranked 12 times with 8 of them in the top 10.

So, UF has played more OOC AWAY top 10 teams and the same number of ranked teams just AGAINST FSU and MIAMI over the past 23 season than OSU has played ANYWHERE over the past 70 seasons.

IF you want to include AWAY and Neutral site games (for example, UF has played one-and-done games vs NC State in Tampa and Rice in Miami), then UF has played 31 AP ranked teams and 16 AP top 10 teams over the past 70 seasons. OSU has played 14 AP ranked teams and 7 AP top 10.

Everyone can see why you want UF to leave the state of Florida because Miami is 330 mile away and moving games outside of 350 miles eliminates many of UF tough games but barely affects OSU.

In games inside of 350 miles (i.e., IN the state of Florida) in OOC games UF has played 24 AP ranked teams and 13 AP top 10 teams while inside 350 miles of Columbus, OSU has played 2 Ap ranked teams and 1 AP top 10 team. So that leaves for games OUTSIDE of 350 miles, UF has played 7 AP ranked teams and 3 AP top 10 teams while OSU has played 12 AP ranked teams and 6 AP top 10 teams.

So then you have no idea. Or you do not want to say how many and what the record is, I get it.

Uman5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
What difference does that make?

IN REGULAR season games in the past 70 seasons OSU has played 46 AWAY OOC games. In that span OSU has played exactly 12 AP ranked opponents and 6 AP top 10 opponents.

Over that same span UF has played 89 OOC AWAY games. In that span UF has played 27 AP ranked opponents and 16 Top 10 teams.

Between 1990-2012 UF has played OOC AWAY games against Miami and FSU IN THE STATE of Florida 13 times. In those games Miami and FSU were AP ranked 12 times with 8 of them in the top 10.

[COLOR=Red[B]]So, UF has played more OOC AWAY top 10 teams and the same number of ranked teams just AGAINST FSU and MIAMI over the past 23 season[/B] than OSU has played ANYWHERE over the past 70 seasons.
[/COLOR]
IF you want to include AWAY and Neutral site games (for example, UF has played one-and-done games vs NC State in Tampa and Rice in Miami), then UF has played 31 AP ranked teams and 16 AP top 10 teams over the past 70 seasons. OSU has played 14 AP ranked teams and 7 AP top 10.

Everyone can see why you want UF to leave the state of Florida because Miami is 330 mile away and moving games outside of 350 miles eliminates many of UF tough games but barely affects OSU.

In games inside of 350 miles (i.e., IN the state of Florida) in OOC games UF has played 24 AP ranked teams and 13 AP top 10 teams while inside 350 miles of Columbus, OSU has played 2 Ap ranked teams and 1 AP top 10 team. So that leaves for games OUTSIDE of 350 miles, UF has played 7 AP ranked teams and 3 AP top 10 teams while OSU has played 12 AP ranked teams and 6 AP top 10 teams.

Just so everyone is clear. the gators want nothing to do with playing Miami, they have basically been forced to since the 80s.
Now that the series is over, sans bowls games, the gators finish up the 25+ years with a 1-7 record vs the Canes.

The gators virtually never leave the State for a decent OOC game, they can candy coat it all they want but that is a fact.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you were going to leave me out of the discussion, you wouldn't have directed a post towards me.
Like I wrote earlier, SEC logic.

I was leaving you out because you clearly didn't know what the fuck you were talking about. Both of my points were clearly directly at EXACTLY what Codaxx posted. Which CLEARLY was erroneous. You chiming in SEC Logic just makes you look stupid...which I was trying to avoid by including you in the big people discussion.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was leaving you out because you clearly didn't know what the fuck you were talking about. Both of my points were clearly directly at EXACTLY what Codaxx posted. Which CLEARLY was erroneous. You chiming in SEC Logic just makes you look stupid...which I was trying to avoid by including you in the big people discussion.
-
What did I say that was erroneous? Please show me. I proved my pt even after you tried to move it to 91%, which you agreed was a BS number.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:lol:
I'll alter it, you don't understand logic. You can't leave me out, if you keep directing posts towards me. And the post that started this didn't make logical sense, either.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
What did I say that was erroneous? Please show me. I proved my pt even after you tried to move it to 91%, which you agreed was a BS number.

I did agree that 91% was a bullshit number...but I also pointed out that 99% is also a bullshit number.

And then pointed out that there is no Team B in your scenario.

So you were arguing a scenario that doesn't nor has ever existed. If you think that somehow proved your point or wasn't erroneous then I can't help you. You basically proved that 2 things that don't exist, don't exist. I don't want to burst your bubble...but there is no Easter Bunny either.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol:
I'll alter it, you don't understand logic. You can't leave me out, if you keep directing posts towards me. And the post that started this didn't make logical sense, either.

Let me know when you say something logical.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did agree that 91% was a bullshit number...but I also pointed out that 99% is also a bullshit number.

And then pointed out that there is no Team B in your scenario.

So you were arguing a scenario that doesn't nor has ever existed. If you think that somehow proved your point or wasn't erroneous then I can't help you. You basically proved that 2 things that don't exist, don't exist. I don't want to burst your bubble...but there is no Easter Bunny either.
-
Are we sure there has never been a team to play 3 OOC games as a 7 pt fav? I call BS on that one. Have fun looking that one up. Plus I never saw you say it was impossible. Someone mentioned top 10 teams, but that is a straw man argument. It was an illustration not a specific example. People love to tout the one big game, but forget it is an average. I was simply discrediting that ill-conceived argument.

sooner78wakeboard

Sooner Born, Sooner Bred
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okie State...if you live hear in OK, you get to hear about how Mike Gundy is pissed about OSU's scheduling. Gundy prefers to play Savannah State every week.

boxedlunch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On certain boards there are people that refuse to lay off of politics. I come on these boards for fun and relaxation - not so that I can be bombarded with political ramblings. So, I've been forced to move around. This one seems free of that so I think I'll hang around here for a while. What about you?

I got you on that. That board, I'm not sure they cover anything except politics.

boxedlunch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure how it's possible that anybody can think Florida plays a weak non-conference schedule.

ktg8trgrl

Go Gators!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure how it's possible that anybody can think Florida plays a weak non-conference schedule.

Because this year we play Toledo, Miami, Georgia southern and Florida state.. according a lot of folks here we should not have scheduled Toledo ir GSU..Because that makes our SOS week

Uman5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Because this year we play Toledo, Miami, Georgia southern and Florida state.. according a lot of folks here we should not have scheduled Toledo ir GSU..Because that makes our SOS week

You rarely play Miami, you do play FSU every years because the FL legislature passed a law, if not the gators would play their preffered schedule:
Trinity School for the Blind
GA SO.
Daytona Girls School
Gainsville W. Elementary

;-)

ktg8trgrl

Go Gators!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You rarely play Miami, you do play FSU every years because the FL legislature passed a law, if not the gators would play their preffered schedule:
Trinity School for the Blind
GA SO.
Daytona Girls School
Gainsville W. Elementary

;-)

Pot meet kettle? You all have scheduled either famu or bcc the last few years along with fiu and usf

hokiehi21

DC sports are cursed
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas Tech has to be pretty high up there

YES. This. End thread and it's not even close.

2013: SMU, Stephen F Austin, Texas State
2012: Northwestern State, Texas State, New Mexico
2011: Texas State, New Mexico, Nevada
2010: SMU, New Mexico, Weber State, Houston
2009: North Dakota, Rice, Houston, New Mexico
2008: Eastern Washington, Nevada, SMU, Massachusetts
2007: SMU, UTEP, Rice, Northwestern State
2006: SMU, UTEP, TCU, Southeastern Louisiana
2005: Florida International, Sam Houston State, Indiana State
2004: SMU, New Mexico, TCU

hokiehi21

DC sports are cursed
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Staying in the Big 12, Iowa State's also makes me barf. Freaking Iowa is their toughest OOC game every year.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easily Aggy the last 2 years:

2012: LA Tech, Sam Houston State, South Carolina State, SMU
2013: Rice, SMU, Sam Houston State, UTEP

Future OOC opponents: Lamar (who?), UTSA, ULM, New Mexico

Slocum and Fran weren't afraid of scheduling tough OOC opponents. Why is Sumlin?

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Historically Miss State has had the worst OOC in the SEC IMO. This year they did play OOC so it looks like they are trying to address it but in the past it was pretty bad.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easily Aggy the last 2 years:

2012: LA Tech, Sam Houston State, South Carolina State, SMU
2013: Rice, SMU, Sam Houston State, UTEP

Future OOC opponents: Lamar (who?), UTSA, ULM, New Mexico

Slocum and Fran weren't afraid of scheduling tough OOC opponents. Why is Sumlin?
I could be wrong but the SEC schedule probably caused them a lot of issues and they had to take what they could get. It's a little early to slam Sumlin on this right now.