• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Historically worse offender of cupcake sched

Hook'Em0608

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scheduled less than 5 end of year ranked OOC opponents in the BCS era

Notable teams

Ole Miss (4)
Vanderbilt (5)
Duke (5)
Washington St (5)
Minnesota (4)
Kansas (1)
Northwestern (5)
Texas Tech (4)
Baylor (4)
Missouri (3)
Oklahoma St (3)
Kansas St (5)
LSU (5)
Wisconsin (5)

Really only a few relevant teams. I have had to put up with crappy OOC schedules from Big 12 schools for a long time. Only Oklahoma has really scheduled well. I don't think it's a coincidence they win so many Big 12 titles either. They are battle tested when they enter conference play. Recently Texas has upped it's future non conference slate too. The rest need to follow suit. Stop being cowards...

Uman5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Over inflated SEC rankings. This thread is about OOC games, going to the OOCgames and the complete fluff that uf plays OOC year after year.

Gator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Over inflated SEC rankings. This thread is about OOC games, going to the OOCgames and the complete fluff that uf plays OOC year after year.

Ok, Uman5, keep living in your own LITTLE world. The Miami of old is gone. The new Miami is content to be a big fish in a little pond. So sad. Right now Miami's claim to fame is they beat a ranked UF. Chances are by the end of the season that game will be seen for what is really was - a win over a mediocre SEC team. Another weak team to go along with Miami's weak IN conference schedule. Enjoy it while you can!

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's get real. Florida hasn't left the state for an OOC game in well over 20 years. They play an FCS team every single year. Sure, they have the annual game with the Seminoles, and every once & a while they play Miami. But the rest of the time, the Gators hire mules to play. One after another. I mean, we are talking horrible teams, even the FCS schools are middle of the road teams or worse in their own conferences. And they play so many Sun Belt teams, that they could be an honorary member. They never leave the state, ever. Now we see why the Gators won't leave the Swamp.

When they do, they often lose. Even if it's only to Miami.

Uman5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Ok, Uman5, keep living in your own LITTLE world. The Miami of old is gone. The new Miami is content to be a big fish in a little pond. So sad. Right now Miami's claim to fame is they beat a ranked UF. Chances are by the end of the season that game will be seen for what is really was - a win over a mediocre SEC team. Another weak team to go along with Miami's weak IN conference schedule. Enjoy it while you can!

That's what I have been saying uf is bad. We beat a team we should beat.

TonyTheGator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's get real. Florida hasn't left the state for an OOC game in well over 20 years. They play an FCS team every single year. Sure, they have the annual game with the Seminoles, and every once & a while they play Miami. But the rest of the time, the Gators hire mules to play. One after another. I mean, we are talking horrible teams, even the FCS schools are middle of the road teams or worse in their own conferences. And they play so many Sun Belt teams, that they could be an honorary member. They never leave the state, ever. Now we see why the Gators won't leave the Swamp.

So, what difference does it make when you have to play Georgia, South Carolina, LSU, and FSU every year? Then, throw in Bama, aTm, or whoever the other hot SEC team is at the time, on a rotational basis. What difference does it make, as long as we still play one of the tougher schedules in the nation?

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, what difference does it make when you have to play Georgia, South Carolina, LSU, and FSU every year? Then, throw in Bama, aTm, or whoever the other hot SEC team is at the time, on a rotational basis. What difference does it make, as long as we still play one of the tougher schedules in the nation?

Well, with a $100+ million dollar budget, a huge fan base, top coaches, and the highest rated players in the state, you damn well ought to be playing the best. My God, hiring all those bad teams is like a grown man picking on little kids. If you were honest, you'd be ashamed of it. But then again, you're a Gator. You can't possibly see what everyone else sees.

Besides, every time you play Coastal Whoever State, the Florida International House of Pancakes, or all those others, that's one less game that my team can schedule against a top rated foe. You, and everyone else, are too busy hiring easy marks. But of course, you have been loud criticizing my team for its easy schedule. So when are you Gators coming to Boise? Hell, we won't even have to change colors for you, you'd feel right at home. Yeah, yeah, we get it, more money in hiring Charleston Southern, the Chattanooga Choo Choo or some other patsy than do a home & home with a team that might beat you.

Rest well.

Uman5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
LOL at gator fans touting their perceived in conference toughness when this thread is about OOC games. Understandable since they have no leg to stand on about that.

TonyTheGator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, with a $100+ million dollar budget, a huge fan base, top coaches, and the highest rated players in the state, you damn well ought to be playing the best. My God, hiring all those bad teams is like a grown man picking on little kids. If you were honest, you'd be ashamed of it. But then again, you're a Gator. You can't possibly see what everyone else sees.

Besides, every time you play Coastal Whoever State, the Florida International House of Pancakes, or all those others, that's one less game that my team can schedule against a top rated foe. You, and everyone else, are too busy hiring easy marks. But of course, you have been loud criticizing my team for its easy schedule. So when are you Gators coming to Boise? Hell, we won't even have to change colors for you, you'd feel right at home. Yeah, yeah, we get it, more money in hiring Charleston Southern, the Chattanooga Choo Choo or some other patsy than do a home & home with a team that might beat you.

Rest well.

You just can't come up with a good answer, so you have to stick to the same old lame criticism. When you guys play a schedule that is tough as the Gators', then you can be a critic.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kansas State.

Not even sure it is worth arguing.

In 1998, their best chance they ever had to win a National Title, they played the following teams OOC:

Indiana State: 66-0 W
Northern Illinois: 73-7 W
NE Louisiana: 62-7 W

They didn't even try to schedule half-assed teams OOC when they became a good football team.

From 1990 to 1999, KSU played a single current AQ conference team in their OOC schedule. Minnesota.

2013? They played FCS North Dakota State, Louisiana-Lafayette, and UMass. And sadly went 2-1 with that schedule.

Since 1990, you can count on your fingers the number of current AQ conference games K-State has played in their OOC schedule.

Gator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SmileID! I was wondering when we would hear from the peanut gallery! You need to stay off of these threads that discuss SOS. It really takes the cake when someone that roots for a team that has been an FBS team for 17 years and yet still has YET to played 17 ranked opponents in the regular season! :bullshit:U's SOS is so small it get hidden in the background noise. The Citadel, an FCS school, has played 10 AP ranked opponents and 4 AP T10 opponents over the same 17 year span that :bullshit:U, a supposed FBS school, has managed to play just 14 AP ranked teams and 5 AP T10 opponents. UF has played more AP ranked teams and more T10 teams over just the past THREE seasons than :bullshit:U has played in its entire pathetic history. :L

:bullshit:U need to drop back th FCS where its schedule would be more appropriate.

Gator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL at gator fans touting their perceived in conference toughness when this thread is about OOC games. Understandable since they have no leg to stand on about that.

"Perceived" in conference toughness? Tell us again how many NC's YOUR conference has in the past 15 years? When you get your second one, come back and talk smack! You and SmilesId need to get together for a pity party!

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is it? Which program seems to always schedule weak OOC opponents?

Here are a few off the top of my head that I recall seem to always have a very weak OOC.

-Florida
-Missouri
-Kansas State
-Arizona State

Florida hasn't traveled out of state for OOC in a long time, that is worthy of a spot

Missouri and Kansas State belong on this list easily

Arizona State occasionally does a nice home and home

Ole Mrs was really bad for a while, they finally did a home and home with Texas, and plus us in the Chick fil a classic next year, to improve on that

Mississippi State was easily one of the worst offenders until this year.

Uman5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
"Perceived" in conference toughness? Tell us again how many NC's YOUR conference has in the past 15 years? When you get your second one, come back and talk smack! You and SmilesId need to get together for a pity party!

I have not said a SEC team has not won NCs. But team SEC seems to be under the spell that there aren't half of the teams at or under .500 almost every year. You get plenty of cupcakes from your own conference. But keep on deflecting your OOC crap scheduling which is what this thread is about.
Sack and go on the road, play a decent team.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Smiles You are pathetic. Trying to bash UF !

What is
icon_bs.gif
U's record vs ranked teams in away games IN THEIR ENTIRE 17 YEAR HISTORY????
0-6, 0-6, again that is 0-6 in 17 seasons!!!!! HA HA HA!!!

So if UF's OOC schedule sucks then
icon_bs.gif
U's is in the Hall of Fame for Suckdom!

Come back and talk smack AFTER
icon_bs.gif
U actually TRAVELS ANYWHERE & BEATS A RANKED TEAM in conference or out of conference.

Uman5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Smiles You are pathetic. Trying to bash UF !

What is BSU's record vs ranked teams in away games IN THEIR ENTIRE 17 YEAR HISTORY????
0-6, 0-6, again that is 0-6 in 17 seasons!!!!! HA HA HA!!!

So if UF's OOC schedule sucks then BSU's is in the Hall of Fame for Suckdom!

Come back and talk smack AFTER BSU actually TRAVELS ANYWHERE & BEATS A RANKED TEAM in conference or out of conference.

At least they are willing to go on the road and play a ranked OOC game.

Gator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have not said a SEC team has not won NCs. But team SEC seems to be under the spell that there aren't half of the teams at or under .500 almost every year. You get plenty of cupcakes from your own conference. But keep on deflecting your OOC crap scheduling which is what this thread is about.
Sack and go on the road, play a decent team.

You really are in denial! The Cleveland Browns haven't finished over 0.500 in 5 seasons. Cleveland is a cupcake for NFL teams, but, in any of those seasons they would pound UF or Miami into the ground. The NFL is a tougher league than the SEC or the ACC. Just saying that 1/2 of the SEC ends up below 0.500 is meaningless!

Uman5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
You really are in denial! The Cleveland Browns haven't finished over 0.500 in 5 seasons. Cleveland is a cupcake for NFL teams, but, in any of those seasons they would pound UF or Miami into the ground. The NFL is a tougher league than the SEC or the ACC. Just saying that 1/2 of the SEC ends up below 0.500 is meaningless!

And you say I'm in denial.

WTF does the NFL have to do with this thread? Oh wait I know, gator deflection. When is the last time uf got on a plane and played a ranked OOC game? Gonna have to take off your shoes and borrow some of your neighbors digits to come up with this one.

Gator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SmilesId

By the way, I only listed AWAY games that were MORE tham 350 miles as YOY keep insisting that UF play out of Florida games (Miami is 330 miles from Gainesville). So to make it fair I made BSU travel more than 350 miles to play away games.

Uman5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Other teams in the SEC travel to play quality OOC games. Why won't uf? Scared.